Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get themes?

• 09-09-2007 9:07am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm starting to get a bit board of my current desktop theme (green start button, blue taskbar etc). I'm wondering if it is possible to download more themes, without using some program like WindowBlinds etc

A Google Search shows alot of search results, but some may be viruses (such as the second one [so SiteAdvisor says]) and most of the other ones use WindowBlinds

Where do you get your themes for WinXP?

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

FYI the default theme is called Luna on XP.

The free way to skin XP it to hack your uxtheme.dll after that you can use msstyles which is what Luna is comprised of but as this was never conceived as a means for skinning Windows there are limitations so you cannot do the fancy stuff Windowblinds can do.

Neowin's uxtheme patcher is the best utility to use to patch the dll.

After that go into Windows\Resources\Themes and make a new folder and place your skin inside it and it will show up under the appearance/styles properties section (right click anywhere on desktop and select properties).

To get skins well Neowin forums and DeviantART are good places to look plus KoL's site as he made some of the best themes. b0se also made some great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Try the Zune Theme or Royale from Microsoft also.

Advertisement