Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Games From XBLA On 3G Broadband?

Options
  • 09-09-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have been reading all the Broadband stuff on this part of the forum for a while but this is my first post asking a question as I am well and truly stuck and have no idea what to do.

Okay, long story short… I used to be on dialup on my laptop, and I used to download games from Xbox Live Arcade by plugging a network lead into my laptop and then connecting it to the 360 and using the slow as hell connection to get the games. It used to take ages but at least I was able to get them.

But now I have upgraded to 3G Broadband, and thankfully even after reading all the horror stories on here it works well for me and I have not had any huge problems yet when just surfing and download on my laptop. However, I have just noticed that now I cannot connect to Xbox Live to download some games I want.

I am not 100% sure what the problems is but after running the test on the console it seems it cant find my IP. Now, I know what an IP is but after checking and entering many different ones none of them will work. Also, I have done loads of googling and tried the ipconfig thing in command prompt to get as many numbers to enter as I could but nothing will work and the test keeps faling when at the IP part.

So, does anyone have any idea what’s wrong… or even better how to fix it? Why used the 360 be able to get the IP when I was on dialup but wont get it now? Is it even possible to connect to Live using USB modem?

In all honesty this is not something I read up on before getting the modem, I just really expected it to work. Is there anything else I need to buy to make it find the IP.

Thanks if anyone can help :)

Comments

Advertisement