Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Kilkenny ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

i read in the kilkenny people that scanlon park is going to open on the 5th of december, with an open week for the week before that. it will be interesting to see if it lives up to expectations....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

asimonov wrote: »
    i read in the kilkenny people that scanlon park is going to open on the 5th of december, with an open week for the week before that. it will be interesting to see if it lives up to expectations....

Where is this leisure centre located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

All you need to do is look at the people who go there, it attracts hard working people who want results

Most of the people in there are polish and on steroids, but then again you get that in every gym

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

some how i dont think eurogym is openning again any time soon...
    all the rest of the places in KK are ****e.. (imo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I think you could be right there. I've seen businesses close, allegedly for stock-taking or refitting or things like that, never to re-open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Most of the people in there are polish and on steroids, but then again you get that in every gym
    I'm not polish or on steroids?

I wonder if they are still holding the Kickboxing and MMa classes somewhere.

Yup in the hall they held the mma league in until the gym situation is sorted

Thanks Raze. Once I get me knees sorted out I'll try and get back into training.

No problems, I'm taking a break myself till after xmas, But when you want I'll give you myles or micks number depending on if it's kickboxing or mma that your after

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hockey nut

thats what we all thought but that doesn't seem to be the case and at this stage its not looking good for it to open again !!!
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Holy Crap that sucks. It sounds like thats the company's loss not Paul and co. If their guy has been reading the meters wrong for that long its their loss. Any judge in the States would tell them they don't have a case against Paul And Diarmuid.

No problems, I'm taking a break myself till after xmas, But when you want I'll give you myles or micks number depending on if it's kickboxing or mma that your after

I was doing Kickboxing [took an MMA class once] until my knees started nagging me. I'm going to NY in Jan to help a friend of mine out for a few months so if I get a clean bill of health I might try and train while I'm there.
    hockey nut wrote:
    thats what we all thought but that doesn't seem to be the case and at this stage its not looking good for it to open again !!!

Man that's awful. Hopefully things will work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

BREAKING NEWS DIRECT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH (SO TO SPEAK)

EURO GYM WILL UNFORTUNATELY NOT BE REOPENING AGAIN.

THIS IS DUE TO A NUMBER OF ISSUES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL.

THIS IS GOSPEL.

I WAS SPEAKING TO ONE OF THE OWNERS THERE RECENTLY. AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE SOME ARRANGEMENT TO GET THER EXISTING MEMBERS INTO THE NEW LEISURE CENTRE AT SCANLON PARK.

Wow that is horrible.

Unfortunate news, but wouldn't expect any less from the lads alot of gyms wouldn't do that

I went to the Watershed tour today. The gym is awesome. If it wasn't for the fact I might be going to NY for a few months in Jan I would join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I went to the Watershed tour today. The gym is awesome. If it wasn't for the fact I might be going to NY for a few months in Jan I would join.

Hey John, what's the setup like in the watershed? Are there squat racks/power-racks?

Hey John, what's the setup like in the watershed? Are there squat racks/power-racks?

Very nice. State of the art equipment with computer screens. They have have a squat rack/power rack. They were in the process of setting everything up when I went yesterday for the tour. They had one squat/power rack there but they are in the process of getting more weight equipment [dumbbells and other free weight equipment]

Huge Basketball courts, Two pools [The huge one with a movable floor ] An aerobics room that oversees the track and soccer pitch.

Quick update for anybody looking to join. You are only able to sign up at the moment. The fitness room hasn't opened up yet because they haven't finished connecting the monitors to the equipment yet [The IT guys are apparently being lazy bastards] It was supposed to open today but now they are saying tomorrow. Your guess is as good as mine if it will actually be usable tomorrow. I'm in the I'll believe it when I see it mode with them now.

hi, i was up at the watershed last night for my first swim. Its really good - the pool is massive and there was about 10 people in there altogether - so plenty of room - although i am sure it will be busier in the new year.

I went up to the gym ( i have never used a gym before - i'm more of a road runner), but it looks all hi-tech, but maybe that's just the standard now. You have a code and all the machines know yr programme and setting etc - this system is being activated in january.

I'm doing the connemarathon in march, and have been told i have to strengthen my core - it looks like there is going to be a core strengthening class / programme in january run by a marathoner runner - which i'm pretty excited about (it will make a change from endless road miles as well!). It should be good to meet some people in the same boat.

• Advertisement

I am very happy with the Watershed now that the gym part is open. I'm just doing my old weight routines for the moment and maybe get a new program in January. I haven't been in the pool yet. I'm waiting until Jan when the lessons will [or should] start up.

Thanks for mentioning the core class. I might check that out as well.

cool, johnmc1 - might see you up there sometime - i'm def going to do that core programme - i haven't ever done anything involving a gym before - so that's pretty exciting.

I have to declare a vested interest. We handled the naming and branding for the facility. obviously, i don't want to talk too much about that on boards, and if anyone thinks i've crossed the line here, just let me know.

But it was really great to get a project that combined the sport and fitness thing with work - and i'm really into the idea of promoting sport and leisure for the betterment of the community overall. Anyway, i really hope the facility is a success, gets a good cross section of members and users, and really good vibe going.

asimonov wrote: »
    cool, johnmc1 - might see you up there sometime - i'm def going to do that core programme - i haven't ever done anything involving a gym before - so that's pretty exciting.

That would be awesome asimonov.
    I have to declare a vested interest. We handled the naming and branding for the facility. obviously, i don't want to talk too much about that on boards, and if anyone thinks i've crossed the line here, just let me know.

Congrats. I don't think you've crossed a line. You have a right to be proud. The Watershed is a great gym and facility.
    But it was really great to get a project that combined the sport and fitness thing with work - and i'm really into the idea of promoting sport and leisure for the betterment of the community overall. Anyway, i really hope the facility is a success, gets a good cross section of members and users, and really good vibe going.

I can't wait until Jan when everything starts up. The Core Class, Swim lessons, the fitness programs,etc. I think the gym will really take off next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

This is really starting to sound excellent. I'm definitely going to pop up and pay for a day pass and check the gym out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

How much is it to gain access to the gym for a day?

andyman wrote: »
    How much is it to gain access to the gym for a day?

I believe its 10 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

any one know what they got in the gym there? many squat racks / bench press ??? when i did the free tour they said they where getting more in , any one whoes been in there recently can answer perhaps :P

A squat rack and a couple of benches atm. Probably won't get any more weight equipment in until after New Year's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

00Blaine00 wrote: »

i know you can't work out comfortably when all the steroid guys are hogging the weights and machines:mad:

• Advertisement

nikki 122 wrote: »
    i know you can't work out comfortably when all the steroid guys are hogging the weights and machines:mad:
    Have you actually talked to them?? Alot of the "steroid guys" are quite friendly and will help you work out if you ask

Advertisement