Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Kilkenny ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

That would take a hell of a lot of effort for me to get up that early do ya get parking spaces in the car park if ya join the gym i dont want to pay 2 euro every day of the week i go in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

That's the reason I joined the Ormonde.
    I always go when I know it'll be quiet. I finish work a lot of days at four and once a week at two.
    The gym itself does be generally quiet between the hours of 7am and 5pm. After 5pm it becomes Langtons.

i go to the ormonde at 3 to 4.30 and most days its very busy! i love the jacuzzi pity it only stays on 10 minutes ata time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

nikki 122 wrote: »
    i go to the ormonde at 3 to 4.30 and most days its very busy! i love the jacuzzi pity it only stays on 10 minutes ata time

I generally wouldn't find it that busy but it does vary from time to time. After five though, it becomes manic.

The jacuzzi is pretty cool but I rarely venture down to the pool/jacuzzi unless I have time to kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

Hi Guys
    Sorry for butting in here but I am heading to Kilkenny next weekend with a few buddies for a night out, can you recommend a good spot for food and drink

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

aassddff wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Sorry for butting in here but I am heading to Kilkenny next weekend with a few buddies for a night out, can you recommend a good spot for food and drink

Thanks

Thread says "GYMS" not "PUBS"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

nikki 122 wrote: »

I usually go at 3 to 4:30 aswell!... hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

aassddff wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Thanks

I believe there is already a thread about that on the Kilkenny board. You might want to check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    I usually go at 3 to 4:30 aswell!... hmmmm

Stalker ha ha

joining ormande gym today 600 a year aint so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

does anyone know if EuroGym in Kilkenny is still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm looking for a gym to go to for one session in two weeks. I'm back home for a few days and don't want to skip any training.

I need a squat rack. My first question is do Fennelly's do pay as you go? They'd be my first and only choice if they did.

Does the Watershed have a squat rack? I've actually never been up there.

Any others?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Actually I've just realised how old the thread is. Apologies.

EDIT: My question still stands :p

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭T L

Watershed has a squat rack yep. Not sure if Fennelly's do pay as you go, I thought it was members only but I could be completely wrong.

does anyone know if EuroGym in Kilkenny is still open?

I believe its reopening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I believe its reopening soon.

Sort of open for classes etc like Kettlebells and stuff. Went to one lately, was pretty underwhelmed.

road_high wrote: »
    Sort of open for classes etc like Kettlebells and stuff. Went to one lately, was pretty underwhelmed.

Thanks road high. I think they only fully moved in yesterday. I thinks its a bit of "give it time" territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Well lads am looking to join a gym to tone up a bit. Complete noob, what gym would be noob friendly with people to show you how and what to do? Not interested in swimming, mainly weights and cardio I think.

Full Marx wrote: »
    Well lads am looking to join a gym to tone up a bit. Complete noob, what gym would be noob friendly with people to show you how and what to do? Not interested in swimming, mainly weights and cardio I think.

Fennelly Fitness for the best instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Heard Fennellys is good alright. Not related but Michael Fennelly the hurler has a gym going in Danville Business park. Work going on in there at the moment but I'm not sure what sort a customer base his gym will cater for

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Fennelly Fitness for the best instruction.
    Heard Fennellys is good alright. Not related but Michael Fennelly the hurler has a gym going in Danville Business park. Work going on in there at the moment but I'm not sure what sort a customer base his gym will cater for
    Thanks guys, does it be very busy? Was member of a gym before and basically it was "ok, here you go" with no instruction or anyone to help you put together a plan or anything, want to avoid that, I need to be given a plan and not left to my own devices otherwise I'll just sit in the sauna lol

Full Marx wrote: »
    Thanks guys, does it be very busy? Was member of a gym before and basically it was "ok, here you go" with no instruction or anyone to help you put together a plan or anything, want to avoid that, I need to be given a plan and not left to my own devices otherwise I'll just sit in the sauna lol

Ask and you will receive in Fennelly's. Ask for a plan and ask them to help you to get used to the equipment. They understand the equipment, unlike most other places. You will be left to your own devices after that though, unless you want to pay for one-to-one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement