Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

King Booker Quits

• 09-09-2007 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports that Robert Huffman (King Booker) quit WWE when he was told that he was to be suspended for 60 days, as a punishment to the Signature Pharmacy bust. He was believed to have failed a Wellness Program test before, hence the 60 days suspension instead of 30.

While WWE is still trying to negotiate Huffman's staying with them, they're going on under the impression he's done. The two sides had been having troubles recently, with a major setback being John Laurinaitis' call to go with Florida for a developmental territory - where WWE would start from scratch - instead of going with Booker's already established PWA, which WWE had been loaning wrestlers to. After they made the call to stop that, Booker went to his friends at TNA and booked them for his shows instead, which didn't sit so well with anyone backstage, but they couldn't say much having pulled WWE talent from PWA.

Booker is pretty much set financially and has wanted out of wrestling for a while. At age 42, he's accomplished a lot, and thanks to his hip hop store doing well in Houston, and his two wrestling schools up and running, there's really no need for him to stick around.

I seriously think this could be the end of the Tri branded WWE since there VERY low on top talent. TNA must be licking there lips with all the recent leavings.... Confused

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Could we be seeing the end of the WWE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

ec18 wrote:
    Could we be seeing the end of the WWE?

No but I get where your coming from. There's been an apocalyptic feel around the WWE for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think it's pretty funny that the draft was used to stenghten Raw and it still looks as week as in june. Does this mean the end of Booker T on TV or is a TNA deal possible. The statement up top seems to suggest he's finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

True that. The draft was a waste of time at the time and even more so now, it's blown up in Raw's face! I'd say Booker will concentrate on booking PWA now as opposed to going to TNA, although the relaxed schedule there may tempt him. TBH though I'd be surprised if he joined TNA full time, he may do a few appearances though.

Let me be the first to demand an ROH shoot interview with Booker!

The Raw roster currently has 41 people, 2 of which are injured (HBK, Lashley), 6 of which are suspended (maybe 7 with Orton, but he seems to have avoided punishment), 8 Divas and 6 non wrestlers (Austin, Lawlor, JR, Coach, Grisham & Vince). This leaves 20 active male wrestlers and that includes Cody Rhodes, Davairi, Duggan, the Highlanders, Sandman and Val Venis. The SD roster looks positively strong compared to this.

I think it's time for a few call ups from OVW, Colt Cabana must be wetting himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Booker's been better than ever for the last year or so I think, but I get the feeling that WWE don't really appreciate him as much as they should

I can't ever see the tri-branded thing ending until they actually start losing money on it

If Hogan and Bischoff actually start their promotion that they've been talking about, they might manage to get some decent guys on it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Booker has hinted retirement for the past two years, i guess the boat is taking off, as far as he's concerned. He was complaining a lot about back problems about 2-3 years ago as well. So maybe it's for the best as far as his health is concerned. He's done a lot in the business since 1993 so it's not like he has a lot more to do! He has a promotion he can work on, a hip hop store and a solid marriage.

As for Randy Orton not being punished, he had his name cleared from that somehow, he was able to prove he wasn't involved and therefore avoided the suspension.

F*ck Colt Cabana, time to bring in the New Foundation baby! :D
    VR!

Harry Smith yes, Teddy belongs in WSX!

Double C wrote:
    Harry Smith yes, Teddy belongs in WSX!

Nattie Neidhart will be interesting to watch, send her to RAW and watch her and Beth Phoenix destroy each other :D

VR!

Now that I'm all for! I see TJ Wilson is in OVW while the others are in that Florida place, are they being kept apart? That would be a shame cos Wilson has improved a sh*tload since I saw him last.

Also, I saw a picture of Burchill in OVW, he looks like he's steoided to the gills! Bad timing Paul. :(

Double C wrote:
    Now that I'm all for! I see TJ Wilson is in OVW while the others are in that Florida place, are they being kept apart? That would be a shame cos Wilson has improved a sh*tload since I saw him last.

Also, I saw a picture of Burchill in OVW, he looks like he's steoided to the gills! Bad timing Paul. :(
    Burchill in WWE is all about bad timing, he was finally getting over with that pirate gimmick before he got lumbered with the bogey knee.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's a shame. I wanted to see him return to the Booker T character one last time. I reckon it would have made for an entertaining storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

things getting from bad to worse.I seriously think that WWE will do ALOT to try and make him stay.I enjoy watching him

Advertisement