Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having this problem?

Options
  • 09-09-2007 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with regards to the fabulous UCD online registration which we all know and love :rolleyes:

So I registered for all my core/option subjects way back in August and everything was fine. I didn't end up getting the elective that I wanted, so I went online earlier to sort it out. Now, my entire timetable is completely messed up and all my Core/option subjects are showing up as ELECTIVES? It won't let me change anything around or view my student calender as apparently online registration won't reopen now until Tuesday, and as it's a Sunday, there's no way of contacting anyone for a bit of help and to top it all off I'm still not actually registered to a proper elective.

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? or is it just me and should I be having a "What if I'm not registered to anything now?!?!" style breakdown before college tomorrow :rolleyes:

Honestly, this is the second year in a row UCD has screwed up my timetable before I'm due to head back and I'm beginning to get sick of it. The online registration is such a joke!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭bryanw

Something similar happened to me. I logged into Connect and there was an email saying that I got my electives. Logged into SIS just to see if anything had been messed up. One of my core modules was down under electives, and now according to the site I didn't complete the Subject/Stream step, even though I did. I don't want try change anything incase I **** something up.

Plus I'm getting quite confused over my timetable and a master timetable.

I'm going to be annoying someone with lots of questions tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

One of my core modules has jumped into the elective page, and when i first opened my timetable it was blank, but that didn't stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭bryanw

Oh yeh, that too with me, when I click on the calender, it comes up blank. But I did figure out that if I click on Sem2 and the click on Sem1 its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Same here. All 4 of my politics core modules and 1 sociology option are listed as electives, along with my 2 electives. When I go into that weekly timetable thing in SIS I'm in all the lectures/tutorials etc. as I should be so I'm guessing I'm still fully registered. I'm not going to touch anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

yeah,same here.but i suppose we dont do any change on it,they did inform us something about this,didnt they?:confused:

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote:
    they did inform us something about this,didnt they?:confused:
    Nah, I think they just assumed we'd all know it would get screwed up at some stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

yeah my core macroeconomics module is now in the electives section!! wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Acccording to the list, I'm not down for my Sociology anymore. But its still there under electives, and on my timetable, its still all there. its probably cos we're not able to register today or something, then hopefully it'll be back to normal. My god we'd look like right fools come May if we didnt have enough credits to pass:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Can't even get into SIS. I know I have a lecture at 9 tomorrow but where is the question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

i can get in to SIS and some core modules are under electives but whats really scary is that my calender is empty!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

im the same, the page wont load. Also both my electives have gone to random selection so if dont get them i wont be able to log in and register for other ones

dhaddock wrote:
    i can get in to SIS and some core modules are under electives but whats really scary is that my calender is empty!!
    Try clicking on the semester 1/2 links, mine is the same but the calendar shows up when I click the links.

ah thanks that worked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I can't even log into the SIS thing now. It just says ''Login Not Allowed''. Luckily I only have 1 lecture tomorrow and I know where it is but on Tues I don't have a clue what I have

when u login it says changing of modules is unavailable until tuesday maybe that could have something to do with it??

can anyone tell me when you find out if you have been randomly selected to your electives?

i got email confirmation yesterday...

i got one email saying it had gone to random selection but i havent got a second email to say if i got it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yeh im registered for 3 electives and they happen to be my cores
    I thought it was just going to be last year as it was all new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Yeah im the exact same op.

Nearly all of my core history options are coming up as electives which means i cant pick any electives because its saying my elective list is full! Which it is but with core subjects!:mad:

Ucd admin= crap!!

I cant understand how they can mess up something that they do EVERY YEAR!!

• Advertisement

Are all electives random selection? When I picked mine, it said how many places were available etc. I also didnt get an e-mail about random selection places. I dont want to mess up my pretty good timetable. Imagine the horror if I found out I'd have to come in on a Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

I'm still trying to register for electives now, but anything I try to pick just gives me a message of "Registration for modules in this semester is currently closed" Erm, I was told you had until Sept. 20 th or so to change your mind about electives :confused:

I just checked again and everything's back to normal for me. For now at least :)

vote4pedro wrote:
    I'm still trying to register for electives now, but anything I try to pick just gives me a message of "Registration for modules in this semester is currently closed" Erm, I was told you had until Sept. 20 th or so to change your mind about electives :confused:

Yeah, that is the case, but if you read around, it also says it is closed for certain dates, think it may only be today, could be tomorrow aswell though.

Everything is kinda normal for me now again. All modules back to selected, just doesnt list my electives, but are still in timetable. Guessing they just confirming everybody in each class etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Rafadagaffer

I didnt get the elective I wanted so I went to try and register for a different one. I was looking for another one, when I went to go and make myself some food. I came back to the pc and it said I had timed out. I try to log back in and it wouldnt accept my password. I know I didnt enter it wrong either. Im now blockd out from accessing sis from the web. I have to email them and wait for them to unblock me. Can we still change modules next week? If I cant someone on that helpdesk is getting a foot up the ass.

On another note can we still change or core modules as I realise I someone only have 15 registered for two of mine and 20 for the other, then two electives for 10 credits but sis web still tells me I have used up all my credits. *Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

On another note can we still change or core modules as I realise I someone only have 15 registered for two of mine and 20 for the other, then two electives for 10 credits but sis web still tells me I have used up all my credits. *Sigh*

Yup, you've got two weeks to finalise your choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Everythings normal again for me too. But registration isnt open again till tuesday. At least its fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

its seems return back to normal:mad: but i didnt get one of my elective module???it's a spanish beginner module and i am one the few people who assigned it very early:mad:

great,school starts tomorrow and they want me to choose it again tonight:eek: (although the expire date is on 20th,but who would risk that?)

Edit:

GREAT,just realise all modules are closed to register for about 2 days.GREAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Rafadagaffer

Yup, you've got two weeks to finalise your choices.

Phew:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement