Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine

Options
  • 09-09-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im slightly confused.Im doing my leaving cert this year and hope to apply for medicine in Galway which is 570 points.Now trinity is 580 points.So if i put Medicine in galway first on my cao list and trinity second,and by random selection i do not get accepted to galway will i be offered a place in trinity??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

If you're on random selection for Galway, you won't have the points for Trinity anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 drunknmunky

but if i have trinity 2nd even tho the points are higher is there a chance that i wont get offered a place for either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

How the CAO system works:

1. You fill out up to 10 choices on your CAO form in order of preference.
    2. When the LC results come out, the CAO offer places in courses to the people who applied for them with the highest points and didn't have the points for any other preferred course they may have listed above the course they're being offered.
    3. If there are places left in a course and numerous people with the same amount of points eligible for them, places are allocated by random selection.
    4. If there are places still available in a course after a week, they're offered to people with the highest amount of points in the second round offers.

So to answer your question. If you don't get the points for a course(or get offered a place by random selection), then no, you don't get the course. How could you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

So lets say my 4th preference was the only one i had enough points for, I would definetly get it if I had enough points even though it was a bit down on my list

Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

yup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement