Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Accommodation near Luas Red Line & Kildare Train Line

Options
  • 09-09-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I'm due to switch to working near Heuston Station early next year and was wondering what areas I should be looking at if I was to move house. I would be looking to buy something around the 350k euro mark and ease of getting to work and nice area my main prioritys. Anyone recommend a suitable area to go house hunting? Also is there another train line that goes into Heuston besides the Kildare line?

Also is there any area in Dublin around this price range that I should be looking at that I could get to Heuston fairly handily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could try Islandbridge and St. John's Road, lots of new apartments going in. Smithfield is an alternative and there are big stocks of townhouses and apartments in the general Heuston area.

Only the Kildare line and Red Luas Line operate to Heuston. However this is due to expand under Transport 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

3 bed semi's near Newbridge train station will set you back about €340k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

You should be able to get a 2 bed in Drimnagh for that money? You could walk to work or get a one zone luas ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

You should be able to get a 2 bed in Drimnagh for that money?

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there any other areas in Dublin that I should be looking at? I don't know the localities of Dublin well so if there are any other places that I should be considering let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This map gives you traverl times to Heuston Station on foot. http://www.dto.ie/web2006/images/Heuston.pdf

Full list here http://www.dto.ie/web2006/station_maps.html

Look in Dublin 7, 8 and 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

This map gives you traverl times to Heuston Station on foot.

You beauty! This will be very handy. Thanx!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement