Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hairdressers-not ALLLL dumb!

• 09-09-2007 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17 goldigga20

im 20 and in3rd year training in hairdressing im SO sick of the dumb hairdresser comments! im blonde too so u can only imagine sum of the comments n slaggings i get!?! i did quite well in my L.cert above average marks but i WANTD 2 do hairdressing! ppl tink that hdressers r al drop-outs etc!?! we have theory classes aswell as hair styling yno!!! theres a gud bit of science we hav 2 no too!!

AND like evry1 else,at the wkends we too DO NOT wna talk bout wrk!! i understand our hair is the giveaway but ppl walk up n say, to me n the girls all the time,"are youezzzz hayerdresserssss!?!" n when we nod they ask bout 100 questions about their hair!!!?? so now i just tel them im a librarian n walk away:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Lol. Just lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I've a cousin who is a hairdresser and he's as thick as bottom of an oak tree but at least he can spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

feylya wrote:
    Lol. Just lol.
    +1 LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

feylya wrote:
    Lol. Just lol.

+1 Haha :D

Your lack of basic grammar knowledge doesn't help your cause. Half of your words are missing vowels for example. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

There's so many things wrong here I wouldn't even know where to start!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

It's almost too perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

My Eyes! The Goggles Do Nothing!!!11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Fakepost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

goldigga20 wrote:
    I'm 20 and in 3rd year, training in hairdressing and im so sick of the 'dumb hairdresser' comments! I'm blonde too, so you can only imagine some of the comments and slaggings I get! I did quite well in my Leaving Certificate; above average marks, but I wanted to do hairdressing! People think that hairdressers are all drop-outs! We have theory classes as well as hair styling you know! There's a good bit of science we have to know too!

Also, like everyone else, at the weekends we too do not want to talk about work! I understand our hair is the giveaway, but people walk up and say to me and the girls "Are youezzzz hayerdresserssss!?!", all the time. Then when we nod they ask about 100 questions about their hair! So now I just tell them I'm a librarian and walk away.
    :rolleyes:
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

goldigga20 wrote:
    im 20 and in3rd year training in hairdressing im SO sick of the dumb hairdresser comments! im blonde too so u can only imagine sum of the comments n slaggings i get!?! i did quite well in my L.cert above average marks but i WANTD 2 do hairdressing! ppl tink that hdressers r al drop-outs etc!?! we have theory classes aswell as hair styling yno!!! theres a gud bit of science we hav 2 no too!!

AND like evry1 else,at the wkends we too DO NOT wna talk bout wrk!! i understand our hair is the giveaway but ppl walk up n say, to me n the girls all the time,"are youezzzz hayerdresserssss!?!" n when we nod they ask bout 100 questions about their hair!!!?? so now i just tel them im a librarian n walk away:rolleyes:

profession doesn't matter if your goodlooking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

goldigga20 wrote:

I think some english classes might have been more beneficial to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's such a shame txtspk can't be added to the swear filters - or can it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

goldigga20 wrote:

Will someone translate the txt spk for the oldies please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    It's such a shame txtspk can't be added to the swear filters - or can it? :D
    It can, but- sadly- it would take ages to do.
    TheGooner wrote:

See my first post in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

We have theory classes as well as hair styling you know! There's a good bit of science we have to know too!

its true and can be forensically useful information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

TheGooner wrote:

Sure!
    goldigga20 wrote:

TRANSLATION:

Well I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps... and, uh, I believe that our education -- like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as -- and I believe that they should..... our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. -- or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

AND like evry1 else,at the wkends we too DO NOT wna talk bout wrk!! i understand our hair is the giveaway but ppl walk up n say, to me n the girls all the time,"are youezzzz hayerdresserssss!?!" n when we nod they ask bout 100 questions about their hair!!!?? so now i just tel them im a librarian n walk away

Seems to be :
    I'm twenty and in 3rd year training in Hairdressing. I am SO sick of the dumb hairdresser comments. I'm blonde too so you can only imagine some of the comments and slaggings I get.
    I did quite well in my Leaving Certificate,, above average marks, but I wanted to do hairdressing! People think that hairdressers are all drop-outs etc, but we have theory classes as well as hair styling, you know!
    There's a good bit of science we have to know too.

And like everyone else, at the weekends we too DO NOT want to talk about work" I understand our hair is the giveaway but people walk up and say, to me and the girls all the time, "are youezzzz hayerdresserssss!?!" and when we nod they ask about 100 questions about their hair! So now I just tell them I'm a librarian and walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

goldigga20 wrote:
    im SO sick of the dumb hairdresser comments!

Nothing more need be said!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53888279

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53888352

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53888407

I don't think it's a fake post.

OP, if you are going to post here, please refrain from using txt spk. This is not bebo.
    Thanks.

Silverfish wrote:
    I'm twenty and in 3rd year training in Hairdressing. I am SO sick of the dumb hairdresser comments. I'm blonde too so you can only imagine some of the comments and slaggings I get.
    I did quite well in my Leaving Certificate,, above average marks, but I wanted to do hairdressing! People think that hairdressers are all drop-outs etc, but we have theory classes as well as hair styling, you know!

And like everyone else, at the weekends we too DO NOT want to talk about work" I understand our hair is the giveaway but people walk up and say, to me and the girls all the time, "are youezzzz hayerdresserssss!?!" and when we nod they ask about 100 questions about their hair! So now I just tell them I'm a librarian and walk away.
    my God, it's the Babel fish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

goldigga20 wrote:

If i buy you a drink can i get a free haircut thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Take a deep breath, count to ten and use all the letters of the alphabet. You'll feel much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

goldigga20 wrote:

And you felt the best way to make this point was to make a post using txt spk? You have a full keyboard in front of you! Find a dictionary and use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Bst trd evr!11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Take a deep breath, count to ten and use all the letters of the alphabet. You'll feel much better.

Well, not quite. Leastways, it could do without X:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Anto McC wrote:
    I've a cousin who is a hairdresser and he's as thick as bottom of an oak tree but at least he can spell.

male hairdresser? Is there something he's not telling you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Well, not quite. Leastways, it could do without X:

All appropriate letters, then :)

Seconded on "just lol".

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Trolling standards aren't what they used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 goldigga20

Sorry I didn't realise that the grammar and spelling police were on duty today!
    Or that text speak was beyond the understanding of so many!!
    Since most of you have leapt on these details and attacked me you have merely proved my point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

goldigga20 wrote:
    you have merely proved my point!
    ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

What point would that be?

goldigga20 wrote:
    you have merely proved my point!
    what point? that you live up to the blonde stereotype?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 goldigga20

It appears that you live up to your name!!

goldigga20 wrote:
    It appears that you live up to your name!!
    Good one.

Are you trying to get banned?
    Please read the charter at the top of the page before posting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

And i'm sure you completely understand irony, hence the username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

goldigga20 wrote:
    Since most of you have leapt on these details and attacked me you have merely proved my point!
    She's! Rather! Exciteable!!!11!!!11111!!

OP: What exactly was your point? That you can't read a charter before you reply to or start a thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yore all sexeh if you drive a 206 too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

i tink hr pint wz: ppl tink that hdressers r al drop-outs etc!?!

edit, she probably could've taken some of them 'l's outta the title, and added them in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I`m a hairdresser aswell but I can spell!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

goldigga20 wrote:

Well, if you want to communicate a message to us - particularly if that message is one of complaint - why should we have to go to an effort to understand it?

Edit: btw, did it really take you that much longer to type the above post than it would have had you done it in text speak?

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Postin' in a dumb hairdresser thread.

Im a hairdresser but I can spell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

So... ...going anywhere nice on your holidays??

Terry wrote:

Sorry Terry I made a mistake!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

male hairdresser? Is there something he's not telling you?

You assume he hasn't already. Are you a hairdresser by any chance???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

goldigga20 wrote:

No, we just don't like text speak. This is not a phone you are using! Use your keyboard to its full potential!

Really some of those other posts would take too long to decipher.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

And rhyme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Collie D wrote:
    And rhyme

And post on the interwebs

• Advertisement
Advertisement