Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Business

Options
  • 09-09-2007 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

whats it like? I heard it's the easient subject to take up if you are looking for an A1 and you are willing to study. Do any people here doing business think this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

It is actually a bit difficult to get an A1, i myself got an A2, missing out on an A1 this year by 6 marks. I got this with minimal study during 5th nd 6th year except the last week or 2 until before the LC. But i have a very business orientated mind so I didnt need much work in it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

I see, do you think I would get an A1 easier in Ag Science, considering I am doing Biology?

My business mind is pretty good, but nothing exceptional; I got a B in JC but the Accounting held me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

i got an A1 in it and i had the worst teacher going.I think if you have good general knowledge and have good examination style ie. the way you present your answers on paper, you should fnid it an easy A1. You just have to do as many exam questions as possible and correct them yourself with the marking schemes on www.examinations.ie and I would really also advise that you subscribe to the business studies magazines (your teacher will know what i'm on about so just get him to order them for you) as these magazines basically predict what is going to come up on the paper and they give sample answers in poiunt and essay form on topical questions. They also provide ABQs and belive me you can never do too many ABQS if you are looking for the A1!!

hope this was helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I see, do you think I would get an A1 easier in Ag Science, considering I am doing Biology?

My business mind is pretty good, but nothing exceptional; I got a B in JC but the Accounting held me back.
    I got a C in junior cert business but im fairly confident ill get a A2 in this.

it was the accounting that messed me up as well by the way in the jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Ah it's a joke of a subject, defo easier than Ag. Science (from what I hear the project is a b!tch!). I'd say do it, especially since you have the 'business orientated' mind. Business is all around you, so use it! plus you can make half of it up:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

very boring subject, long course, needs alot of work to get A

regob wrote:

strong contrasting opinions/mixed reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

regob wrote:

Agreed, it's tough to get the balance between facts and b/s....both are necessary but you'll find that business is rampant with bull**** and padding.

so, on balance which would u say is easier 2 get an A in? Bis r ag science?

Biz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Ag Science. Don't listen to that guy ^^^ he dropped out after Junior Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I would recommend Home Ec to be honest. It has a bit of everything in it like biology and business. I found common sense got me through it a lot too. Hell, I froze in the exam, forgot my entire elective so managed to BS on sociology having never studied it in my life. The cooking part was really fun too. The project write up is pretty straightforward. Did it in a year and got an A2. The course covers things like consumer law, family law, food composition, mould, textiles, housing.

Business on the other hand.... got As in my homework and tests. Got a B3 in the real thing. So disappointing! Was so sure I'd aced it.

So if your school offers it take home ec!

nedward wrote:
    Ag Science. Don't listen to that guy ^^^ he dropped out after Junior Cert
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

I had a terrible, lazy teacher for business who wouldnt even correct our work, so i made notes after every chapter, did loads of ABQs and basically read every chapter over and over. Got the A1 in the end so it worked! I got a B in the junior cert, becuase I couldn't (and didn't bother to) the accounting questions. You just need to be willing to learn loads of boring lists and facts off by heart.

Hopefully ill be as lucky as you qwertyface
    Im hoping for a A2 or a B1 in business

don't find it that tough at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

hear both are a pile of crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

I wouldn't bank on getting an A1 in business, it's an easy subject to get a B in but if you need an A1 do a more factual based subject, i.e a science. Two business papers could have the exact same factual information but differ completely in grade. To get an A1 you need to be a good writer and pretty much capable of constructing an answer of similar written standard as your english paper. I did chemistry and business last year. I worked alot harder in business but I did better in chemistry. I blame it on the fact that I'm brutal at english. Imo it depends on where your strenghts lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Attol wrote:
    The course covers things like consumer law, family law, food composition, mould, textiles, housing.

Joke Time!:D

Stay the **** away from home economics! My sisters did the subject but they kinda regretted doing it at the end of the day. One got an A1 the other a C1. My sister who got the A1 spent rediculous hours studying it as its such a broad subject compared to say geography which is also broad but can be easily condensed if you have a teacher like mine who has been correcting exam papers in geography for 30 years! Plus you have to do the journal thing which takes up loads of ****ing time!

What about economics? Im in 5th year and Im doing it as an extra subject outside of school and should have the whole course covered by March.

Ag Science is supposed to be nice but I heard that the project is supposed to be bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I hated Business to bits, did no work in 5th year, started in 6th and got a HL B1 and I hated it even more in 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Business is the most boring subject you can do for the leaving. Hated every minute of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

:rolleyes: umm, i was reading thu this post like i thought i d leave a comment :o
    i am just starting 5th year as well, like got 3 chapters done already ..there's so much leaning to do i found it hard , the stuff arent hard to be honest
    .... thats so so much stuff you have to memorize O___O errr....

good luck to you :D sure i spoz like my teacher said do some study as you go along it be grand...

Some people rewlly find it boring but as my teacher says if you have a flare for it you will find it easy and it will come natural to you

While most people would be fighting to stay awake a lot of the time I actually find it quiet interesting especially how he's always relating it to recent events

We've never really used the book much, basically his notes

Advertisement