Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music practice in Maynooth

• 09-09-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Map of the south campus says there are music practice rooms.

Is this the studio for music tech and so, closed off, or is it what it says on the tin? Similar thing to the ones in town or whatever?

Any info would be much appreciated cos I figure roommates won't like me practicing drums in my room.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

That'd be cool to know too, fellow drummer going NUIM here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

There's only one practise room that would fit drums and that's nearly always occupied by a teacher. The practise rooms are a joke to be honest we rounded up support last year for something to be done about them, but nothing was doing. Alot needs to be changed about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

There's a soundproof band room in the SU building, but I dunno how it works if you'd want to be doing college stuff there.

I'm sure you could book it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

i asked about the one in the S.U. building last year and basically it's a big soundproof room with nothing in it. You have to bring EVERYTHING yourself and I don't think there's any form of storage. There used to be a P.A. apparently but they got rid of it. No drums for any of us!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

They piano rooms really are a joke, and every year a bunch of first years rightfully complain and campaign, but nothing has/is ever done about it. I'd actually love to see the look on your face when you first see them. Imagine a prefab destroyed by time and wear.

Maybe if we get everyone involved this year, like just keep stealing books from the library or Martin o leary's chair from his office until something is done.

Actually, the new Prof starts here in october, though it being her first year she probably won't want to make any enemies by stirring up trouble. Then again, they picked her to be in charge, they can respect her decision and then get back to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

banquo wrote:
    They piano rooms really are a joke, and every year a bunch of first years rightfully complain and campaign, but nothing has/is ever done about it. I'd actually love to see the look on your face when you first see them. Imagine a prefab destroyed by time and wear.

Maybe if we get everyone involved this year, like just keep stealing books from the library or Martin o leary's chair from his office until something is done.

Actually, the new Prof starts here in october, though it being her first year she probably won't want to make any enemies by stirring up trouble. Then again, they picked her to be in charge, they can respect her decision and then get back to work.
    Forgot all about the prof! Choir won't be the same anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

im not there for choir anymore thankfully- i dont think it would be choir without hearing the sexist jokes about the sopranos and prog gillen's doubts regarding the basses' testicles. ah, happy memories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

im not there for choir anymore thankfully- i dont think it would be choir without hearing the sexist jokes about the sopranos and prof gillen's doubts regarding the basses' testicles. ah, happy memories :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

There are five piano rooms and a larger one. They talk every year about doing something about it and nothing is ever done. The computer music rooms are the only ones you need access cards for!

Advertisement