Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion on laptop. will it work?

• 09-09-2007 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

My Bro wants to get The elder scrolls IV Oblivion for his laptop. the requirements are a 3Ghz Pentium 4 or equivalent. My bro has an AMD Turion x64 x2 803Mhz. how does that compare to pentium? what would be the equivalent pentium chip to that AMD chip?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

how much ram does he have and what type of graphics card??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Burga Galti

803Mhz? Think you'll struggle there, even if it is dual core. 3Ghz would be the equaivalent to roughly 3072Mhz so your a little bit off the spec.

As a comparision, I have a three year old comp with a 2Ghz processor and an Nvida 6800 and at times it can struggle with the game, particularly with big battles and the music for some reason.

I wouldn't really advise using anything less than that tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pentium 4s were terribly ineffecient processors and clock for clock perform worse than turion x2s and core 2 duos. I'd say the processor will be fine but graphics card is the most important part when it comes to games.

Advertisement