Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Padi question

• 09-09-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move.

Ok, so I'm in Thailand right now and am thinking about doing a Padi course. I am wondering if there's any difference in quality. i.e. will my cert be recognised in europe when I get back?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

No problems with your cert worldwide, PADI is very good in that respect.

Just watch out for the standards in the training centre, some aren't as professional as others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

The problem with some 'resort' PADI training is that their focus is more on numbers rather than 'creating a good diver'.
    That is a broad generalisation however and there are some good places ;)

I'm just basing it on my experience and also the diving in Thailand is very different to Irish diving. 28degrees with 30m+ visibility compared to 14degrees with 5m - 15m visibility ;)

You OW will be recogonised world wide, but when you return to Ireland I would suggest approaching a dive club to get an instructor / divemaster to do a cold water dive with you and also for them to review the skills you have learned with them if you feel that you could benefit from that.
    Also some dive shops won't take you out on a boat until you have done a cold water orientation dive anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

I see, thanks for the help guys. I'm really looking forward to it now :)

Advertisement