Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who are the most argumentative Boards posters?

• 09-09-2007 3:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Im sure we've all been involved in some heated debate on here at one stage or another, but who's been the most argumentative over the years?

Is there someone who see thing's their way or the highway? Even when they're wrong?

What debates/discussions stick out most?

(remember bad posters/messers etc aren't being argumentive.)

Comments

The Corinthian or bonkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

The Corinthian is an interesting poster but is arrogant when it comes to voicing his opinions.

Karl Hungus seems to like a rant just for the sake of finding people who agree with him rather than looking for anyone who has a dissenting opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

After spending a few minutes here I can easily say that all of are lacking of any wit or intelligence whatsoever. You all believe yourselves to be better than everyone else, and I can tell you right now, that that is not the case in the slightest, you pseudo-intellectuals. I am much better than all of you. Clearly I am because I am neither pretentious, long-winded, asinine, discourteous, nor are my tastes quite as bland as yours. No, I am quite concise, and I would never stretch beyond that of my means or what I am designated to.

I'd have to say that this board is full of anonymous lurkers, attackers, and trolls, who have nothing better to do than throw their elitist opinions around in an attempt at misguided show-boating with people they'd never ever meet.

None of you build any persona or stand by anything remotely attached that I can feel some sort of personal connection to. You lack any sort of direction and I can't have that. You're analogies are far too complicated, linear, and they're rather contradictory. Why, there's never even any variety here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

damn, i tried so hard to be like

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I got bored reading that after "long-winded"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Myth wrote:

No they're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Jumpy wrote:
    No they're not.

That bloke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

kyp_durron wrote:
    After spending a few minutes here I can easily say that all of are lacking of any wit or intelligence whatsoever. You all believe yourselves to be better than everyone else, and I can tell you right now, that that is not the case in the slightest, you pseudo-intellectuals. I am much better than all of you. Clearly I am because I am neither pretentious, long-winded, asinine, discourteous, nor are my tastes quite as bland as yours. No, I am quite concise, and I would never stretch beyond that of my means or what I am designated to.

I'd have to say that this board is full of anonymous lurkers, attackers, and trolls, who have nothing better to do than throw their elitist opinions around in an attempt at misguided show-boating with people they'd never ever meet.

None of you build any persona or stand by anything remotely attached that I can feel some sort of personal connection to. You lack any sort of direction and I can't have that. You're analogies are far too complicated, linear, and they're rather contradictory. Why, there's never even any variety here!

lol, ok you're argumentative ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

lol, ok you're argumentative ;)

Don't think so..
    faceman wrote:
    (remember bad posters/messers etc aren't being argumentive.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

faceman wrote:
    who's been the most argumentative over the years?
    Is there someone who see thing's their way or the highway? Even when they're wrong?
    My vote goes to Metrovelvet. She sticks out like a sore thumb. Nearly always wrong and seems to rant about men all the time.
    Myth wrote:
    Comrade Corinthian and bonkey don't fit the description IMO as they tend to par take in rational debate rather than just argue for the sake of arguing. I like reading their posts even if I don't agree with the Corinthian on a lot of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've never been wrong, and if it looks like I said something that was wrong, I was joking and forgot to put the :D in.

As my late father in-law used to say "It's not many times that you're right, but you're wrong again". He first used it when I married his daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Collie D wrote:
    Don't think so..
    suppose, but its nice to humor people sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The stoners. I've never met such an argumentative bunch. The irony of them constantly arguing about being mellow never fails to crack me up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Sparks

remember that guy's contributions to the 'Paw Rick' Nally debate?

extremely obnoxious posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

im not here long enough to comment but i do notice theres a couple of Grumpy feckers who seem to have something moany to say far too often for no reason....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Code Face

hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

It's a sweeping generalisation but the majority of posters in the satellite forum would get my vote.

They seem to regard people who psot questions or ask for advice as if they were little kids who just p!$$ed in their sandbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Snake Pliskin, he's really fighting me in the Maddie McCann thread!!

I do hope he is right though, i'm arguing that the released evidence points to Gerry and Kate being guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Snake Pliskin, he's really fighting me in the Maddie McCann thread!!

I do hope he is right though, i'm arguing that the released evidence points to Gerry and Kate being guilty.

LOl I think hes coming around to your way of thinking LOL :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The Creationsim thread on Chrisianity. JC, Wickinight and co are still slogging it out after...how many years??:p I don't mean that in a bad way-sometimes it gets a little heated but there is no nastiness.

Edit-just checked it out, 7154 posts so far!!! Many are half a page long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

One of the Atheists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Sorry for the delay; I had to clean up after pissing myself laughing at the hilariously witty posts above.

Seriously, Rozie wins it. It's a rant. It's irrational. It cannot be reasoned with. Rozie will attack everyone and anything over nothing and will not rest until banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Exit wrote:
    Karl Hungus seems to like a rant just for the sake of finding people who agree with him rather than looking for anyone who has a dissenting opinion.
    I agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Exit wrote:

I don't think so. I love a good argument, no matter what the turnout is. I could cite examples such as Obeygiant, with whome I've argued many times, and I don't think we've ever seen eye to eye on the subjects we choose to argue over, but I always enjoy the good literary duel.

But that said, I can be quite argumentative, and do hold my own, so if you are the kind of person who might shy from such an argument, it may seem the way you've said to the untrained eye, but I assure you, it's not.

I really have not come across any argumentative posters in this group. The Atheist group, on the other hand is flooded with proud assholes(I really don't think they're assholes, but proud posters did not sound good, honestly this is no insult)

People here just get upset and cry.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

kyp_durron wrote:

...just as planned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I really have not come across any argumentative posters in this group. The Atheist group, on the other hand is flooded with proud assholes(I really don't think they're assholes, but proud posters did not sound good, honestly this is no insult)

They do fight tooth and nail in there, to be sure. They are very logical in their points though, and they tend to have the same points thrown at them on a very regular basis.

As I rarely engage in protracted debates (I prefer to just read them), I can't really add any names to the list. I'd be more likely to remember people if I made a point to debate with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I have to say, Esteban, you come across as a rather "proud asshole" yourself.

I'm argumentative for the fun of it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

me cos i hate all this leftest crap grrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055134941

And you call us proud assholes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Karoma wrote:
    Sorry for the delay; I had to clean up after pissing myself laughing at the hilariously witty posts above.

Seriously, Rozie wins it. It's a rant. It's irrational. It cannot be reasoned with. Rozie will attack everyone and anything over nothing and will not rest until banned.

Damn, was just reading down praying that no one would mention her first. She wins hands down and the only reason someone would name anyone else is if they have never come across her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Karoma wrote:
    Hell yeah! I've actually given up arguing with him/her on several occasions, no point really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

says the man who decided that he "receives a lot of hate on AH" when people took the piss out of him rather than thinking that he was saying things that were worthy of having the piss taken out of them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If I can be arsed, good luck arguing with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Biko & Lump.

says the man who decided that he "receives a lot of hate on AH" when people took the piss out of him rather than thinking that he was saying things that were worthy of having the piss taken out of them

And you refuse to use the CAPS LOCK key because?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Because the shift key is much easier to use?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So is yore ma but I still prefer yore sister.

I was talking about the other guy.

• Advertisement

ooo good comeback. Pointing out that i didn't capitalise the first letter of my sentence really put me in my place and 100% proved me wrong. People who use incorrect capitalisation can't possibly be right about anything

if you must know, i was posting from my phone and capitalisation is a lot of unnecessary hassle. If you want to get technical about it, my phone doesn't have a caps lock key

Thanks. I really was just pointing out that you did not use it, I was unaware that it would have such a profound and deep effect on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Thanks. I really was just pointing out that you did not use it, I was unaware that it would have such a profound and deep effect on you.

Don't take that lying down, Comdr.

Lads, there's a fight starting over here.

Gets popcorn and Miller...

Let me assure you, no fight of any sort will take place in here. I really don't want to see anyone on here start crying again.

Let me assure you, no fight of any sort will take place in here. I really don't want to see anyone on here start crying again.
    i know you are but what am i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

magick wrote:
    me cos i hate all this leftest crap grrrrrrrrrr
    Care to elaborate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Oh t'would be highly unfair to single out just one Cnut as the most argumentative, depends on the subject really, some people can be calm rational reasonable posters and then you mention one thing they disagre with and off they go on some selfrighteous rant that theres no point in attempting to reason with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Dudess wrote:
    Care to elaborate?

probably means he gets worked up when he sees punters earning big money on the black economy,horsin back buckets of drink night after night,goin thru the Johnny Blues for a short cut,and then looking for council housing,back to school allowances,medical cards,supplementary benefits.

thats probably what he means I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

i know you are but what am i
    A garbage man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

JC 2K3 wrote:
    A garbage man.
    At least he has a job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement