Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling outside door handle

Options
  • 09-09-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knows if it is an easy job to disable the outside door handle from opening the door when it is not locked by the key. My parents house door does not open if i pull down the outside handle unless i use the key with it but if i do that on my own door the door opens. apologies if this is confusing people.

Regards
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

ied imagine its just a matter of shortning the square bar that joins the two handles together. my front door has a dead handle on the outside and from a security point of view thats good but ive lost count of the ammount of time the door has slammed behind me locking me out. i wonder could i do the oppisite and allow my outside handle to open the door also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I had a wallet and cash robbed from a friend's house because of those crap locks. Get a barrel lock fitted so that when the door closes, it's properly locked from the outside!

Advertisement