Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sea fishing

Options
  • 09-09-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

hey all .

im looking to get into sea fishing but i havent a clue . ive no rod or anything . im wondering if anyone could recomend a nice cheap but reliable rod that doesnt cost an arm and a leg . its just for starters . any advice appreciated , im also wondering wer is the best place for sea fishing as in like fishing off piers or harbours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

check this site out.. all the information you will probably ever need to know about sea fishing in ireland

www.sea-angling-ireland.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Where abouts are you living byrner88?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 garygareth

byrner88 wrote: »
    hey all .

im looking to get into sea fishing but i havent a clue . ive no rod or anything . im wondering if anyone could recomend a nice cheap but reliable rod that doesnt cost an arm and a leg . its just for starters . any advice appreciated , im also wondering wer is the best place for sea fishing as in like fishing off piers or harbours?

I have recently got back into fishing myself since I moved to laytown in county meath in 05. The fishing down here is great during the mackeral season late april till oct I fish along the jetty down at the bottom end of bettystown beach. you will need a carp rod and I recommend a shimano reel you can get them cheap from argos get some jiggs or feathers they are usually made up henrys fishing tackle in summerhill dublin is your best bet they also give great advice, Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've also gotten back into sea fishing in the past year or so. I got most of my gear in Lidl such as beachcaster, couple of reels, tackle, etc. Keep an eye out for their adverts for their regular "fishing specials".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

garygareth wrote: »
    I have recently got back into fishing myself since I moved to laytown in county meath in 05. The fishing down here is great during the mackeral season late april till oct I fish along the jetty down at the bottom end of bettystown beach. you will need a carp rod and I recommend a shimano reel you can get them cheap from argos get some jiggs or feathers they are usually made up henrys fishing tackle in summerhill dublin is your best bet they also give great advice, Hope this helps.

Which end of Bettystown beach are you fishing, Mornington end or Laytown end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

fishing group (free membership)
    we organize beach fishing and charter boat fishing as well
    http://www.meetup.com/Fishing-enthusiasts-of-Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

Which end of Bettystown beach are you fishing, Mornington end or Laytown end?

He hasn't been on here in 4 years. Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

dmc17 wrote: »
    He hasn't been on here in 4 years. Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply ;)

LOL roger that there must be a glitch somewhere as this thread poped up as a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Zombie thread, closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement