Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just made a horrible mistake

• 09-09-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

i made a really stupid mistake when registering for ucc. When it came to paying for the registration fee by credit card I got a success notice but then it suddenly said there was an error in processing the transaction. I tried paying again, got a success notice but again it said there was an error in processing the transaction. I tried paying again and same result. then when I rang the credit card company it turned out there wasn't any error at all and I've now paid for my registration fee about three times. Will UCC refund me the money?? I'm ringing them tomorrow but i'm really anxious, it's a lot of money. I was so stupid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Of course they will.
    I'm surprised the credit card company didn't offer to reverse 2 of the charges themself, they are capable of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

OMG , stupid bitch! u had better hope the college dont turn around and kick you out for being so thick in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

I wouldn't worry about it, just ring the admissions office tomorrow if you want and explain it to them, they have to refund the money like. It is an easy mistake to make considering they never torld you the transaction was complete the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eimear89

Thanks. I'm ringing them tomorrow and I'll see what the story is. The credit card company said they'd try to get the money back if ucc are going to be difficult about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There won't be any problem. Accidental double charges happen very often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

OMG , stupid bitch! u had better hope the college dont turn around and kick you out for being so thick in the first place.

Now now, be nice or banstick. We're all nervous and hyper when we first start college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

that online reg thing was a joke, im shocked i didnt mess it up too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

They will refund you alright but bear in mind, by law, it doesnt have to be credited to your card, it can be in the form of a cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

sure then ul jus hav to walk to the bank n lodge the check, its all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eimear89

Ucc have refunded me, which is a huge relief. I'm quite angry with myself for being such an idiot in the first place though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Well done, see ya on Freshers Week then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Jaysus this thing is hard to use, and I used work in college admin so you'd think I'd be used to it. Every time it asks me for money it then tells me that I've paid half the amount I typed in. I have no idea how much money I've given them now. Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

eimear89 wrote:
    Ucc have refunded me, which is a huge relief. I'm quite angry with myself for being such an idiot in the first place though!
    I did the exact same thing:p

Advertisement