Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 Midnight launch!

• 09-09-2007 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone going to pick up halo at midnight on the 25th??, Gamestop on Henry street are opening!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

25th?, I thought it was the 27th here. We never get games the same time as the Yanks, although I think Halo 2 was an exception, we got it one day after on a Wednesday I believe.

Although with that being said I wouldn't be in any hurry to get Halo 3, I'd just pick it up if I happen to be passing a shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone going to pick up halo at midnight on the 25th??, Gamestop on Henry street are opening!

Dam, anywhere else doin a midnight opening?? Long trek from kildare to henry street. Guess no traffic at that time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Tuesday the 25th Gamestop Henry St,Stephens Green and Belfast..Im working that night in Henry St.

Tuesday the 25th Gamestop Henry St,Stephens Green and Belfast..Im working that night in Henry St.

Any specials for first few or anything?? Any availability on legendary edition or am i a year too late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

I dont know of any gifts or specials, yet but i may do closer to the Event.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

do let us know if any new info if ye can, will check back again... Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Anyone know if Tesco are getting it in and if they will put it out on the shelves at midnight? I remember for Halo 2 my local one broke broke the street date by two days so heres hoping for a repeat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

im lookin forward to this, but like most games no doubt i will be crap! i wish i was in my teens again, i was an animal games player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

faceman wrote:
    im lookin forward to this, but like most games no doubt i will be crap! i wish i was in my teens again, i was an animal games player!

On frogger? :P

I may actually go to this thing. A chance to network. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

pljudge321 wrote:
    Anyone know if Tesco are getting it in and if they will put it out on the shelves at midnight? I remember for Halo 2 my local one broke broke the street date by two days so heres hoping for a repeat.

Tesco won't put it out at midnight.

Why don't you guys just get it in the morning instead of looking like complete losers at midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

ShaneU wrote:
    Tesco won't put it out at midnight.

Why don't you guys just get it in the morning instead of looking like complete losers at midnight.

The chance to get free stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Are HMV on grafton street opening by any chance?

Thats where ive pre ordered, although i'll chance my arm at getting a copy (limited edition) on the night anyway if they're not, will be heading in with a mate to pick up his copy on Dawson Street, afaik they are opening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

robby^5 wrote:
    Are HMV on grafton street opening by any chance?
    Yep, they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Gamestop in the Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick have a sign up saying the are doing a midnight launch like they did with Halo 2. Don't know if the other one of their stores in the Parkway is doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No word on GAME doing it but I'd imagine Dawson St. would be the venue if there is to be one.

I'm more interested in Microsofts Launch party, they had a savage one for Halo 2 with an open bar. Want to wangle my way into that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I booked my Halo 3 Collectors Edition in Gamestop on Henry St. today
    Don't know if I'll go to the midnight launch as I have a life lol j/k

I wanna do for Halo, what this guy did for tron :D
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3609OtM138c&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Stephen's Green will be holding the official launch I think. Food, prizes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TheBannerMan

Game on Cruises Street, Limerick will also be open.:) :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

No word on GAME doing it but I'd imagine Dawson St. would be the venue if there is to be one.

I'm more interested in Microsofts Launch party, they had a savage one for Halo 2 with an open bar. Want to wangle my way into that again!

yea I was at the halo2 one.... so pissed :D

they arent having party this year though I dont think :(

Id say Dawson st will be having a midnight launch and id say it will be very good.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Am not going to midnight launch cause none in my area:( :( but asked the parents could I have the day off school to go and get it and they said yes:D :D officially have the best parents ever:D :D but I think it would be different if I was not doing T.Y:rolleyes:

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea I was at the halo2 one.... so pissed :D

they arent having party this year though I dont think :(
    I ran into that eejit who used to do game reviews on network 2 and gave him an earful. I then proceeded to play a deathmatch game against some dude on the big projector screen and got my ass thoroughly pwned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Am not going to midnight launch cause none in my area:( :( but asked the parents could I have the day off school to go and get it and they said yes:D :D officially have the best parents ever:D :D but I think it would be different if I was not doing T.Y:rolleyes:

Ah good oul TY
    The greatest doss year ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Antamojo wrote:
    Ah good oul TY
    The greatest doss year ever
    You know it man evreyone was supposed to come in today but everyone is just too tired to come in today because of the partying last night:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pavilion

I was never at one of these things... You get free crap? Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Any one know if any of the Xtra Vision stores will be opening, save me a trip to town??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

GAME are opening Dawson St, Dundrum, Cork, Limerick, & Galway at Midnight, and all the shops for 7am the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any word on the Legendary Edition? Have it pre-ordered at Game in the Square since May, but I'm not holding my breath with that lot.

Any word on the Legendary Edition? Have it pre-ordered at Game in the Square since May, but I'm not holding my breath with that lot.
    There's something going on with the Legendary edition. There's gonna be alot of very angry people come launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Absolam wrote:
    GAME are opening Dawson St, Dundrum, Cork, Limerick, & Galway at Midnight, and all the shops for 7am the next day.

Thanks for clearing that up Absolam. I'd definitely prefer waiting at midnight rather than bother my ass that early in the morning.

Advertisement