Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer is wet

• 09-09-2007 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

So I'm standing there at this bar in Dublin, waiting to get served when this guy moves off from the bar and very quickly throws his pint all over me while he walks over to his significant other in the middle of the packed room. He acts like he didn't do it at first and is all apolegetic to this other guy when he comes back and see's that beer went all over the jacket on his seat too. For fear of my T***icles being ripped off, I act like it didn't happen and just got on with watching the gig. I'm posting this because it's happened me a few times in Dublin venues, on one occasion when I was playing in the actual band. Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

No, i'd have nutted him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He *threw* his pint all over you? Or he spilled it? Seems strange that he's throw it on you without being provoked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 guy_awoke

Yep, that's the weird thing about it. Totally random and unexpected. I've heard that this was happening in England a lot lately, just a trend that will pass I guess. Anyways maybe i'll take a rain jacket next time :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Indeed, someone spilled a pint in my crotch one time. This was in England, oddly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Ya should have punched him or somethin, if it was intentional. Even if you lose the fight you can be sure he won't ever try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ya should have punched him or somethin, if it was intentional. Even if you lose the fight you can be sure he won't ever try it again.
    You're just lowering yourself to his level then, perhaps even a little lower...

You should've pissed into a pint glass and thrown that on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

tman wrote:

There's no such thing as levels. There are just people, and some are dicks. Hit the ****er!

tman wrote:

That's bs. I could just be standing up for myself. Honestly what would you do if someone intentionally threw a pint over you, just run away? Each to their own..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I guess your opinion of what makes a dick differs from mine.
    Twatting someone for doing something like that = dick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Maybe he wanted a fight. Scumbags round my way used to send the smallest guy in their group out and piss someone off to start a fight, then they'd all run in and kick the **** out of the poor guy.

• Advertisement

Don't care I'd do it anyway.. If more people stood up to those little pricks the city would be a safer place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

If that happened to me, I'd call him on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Even if you didn't slap him, you should have ratted him up to the bouncers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

tell the bouncers or otherwise crack the c*** one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

This is why i drink long neck bottles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I seriously doubt the guy deliberately threw his pint all over you. Everyone that has posted seem fairly hostile "Ya should have punched him or somethin" "i'd have nutted him" what the hell? The only time anything like that's happened to me was by complete accident. Perhaps give the guy the benefit of the doubt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Maybe he was just excited to see his girlfriend and was gesturing with his arms and his pint got thrown on you? It seems unlikely that a randomer would throw a pint on you. kind of a waste of booze really. What's happened to me a couple of times is that drunk peple have looked at their watch while holding a wine glass in their hand. The wine then goes all over me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Indeed, someone spilled a pint in my crotch one time. This was in England, oddly enough.

Hmm, that's your story and you're sticking to it, eh ;):D

Psst, the jacks is that way --->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

uh huh.. we're really buying that cover up!! :D

Advertisement