Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Southside Stink

• 09-09-2007 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Anyone living in the Blacrock to Dun Laoghaire coastal area or gone past it?

This stink has been going on for weeks, it's absolutely revolting. Council says that it's not sewage, but algae overgrowth from the bad weather we've had during the summer.

Anyone know any more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rum&Coke

This is the most horrible stench in Dublin! Between Salthill and Sandymount its all stink! I allways thought it was the sea. Now im not the kind of person that complans alot but the smell does actually make you gawk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Thats the smell of success. Embrace it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

or...

the bird Santuary

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not noticed anything around Sandymount I must say

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

apparently it is sewage and algae related and it is the reason the blue flag at seapoint is gone. have a link somewhere...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/brown-sludge-in-sea-causes-alarm-1074493.html

The times said today that DLRC have confirmed 'an overflow' at the west pier sewage pumping station caused by heavy rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Burga Galti

Yea, it absolutely awful. Drove past there the other day with my girlfriend. Glad I'm not living there that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I had to walk through Blackrock village with one hell of a hangover. Oh god it was so horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Attol wrote:
    I had to walk through Blackrock village with one hell of a hangover. Oh god it was so horrible.

Blackrock, the hangover or the smell :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I notice it when I go to the gym now. It is pretty rancid alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i live in Ringsend behind the new slurry pit ( aka water filtration unit ) behind the twin red/white e.s.b towers on the Sandymount strand ) ... not only is it bad enough that its taken out at Ringsend and pumped back in a at Sutton but it leaks a bad smell atleast twice a week , hence they blackrock gets the it when the wind blows :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The smell is God awful all right.

Still there, not the may wets on the DART in the mornin when ur on a dodgy mornin stomach!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Maybe it's algae, but strangely it smells just like poo.

And Sandymount Strand is ankle-deep in revolting-looking stuff at low tide.

Seems to me that the new superhero sewage system has failed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

Advertisement