Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are there masses of cars parked outside Ashford?

Options
  • 09-09-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I've often driven from Ashford to Wicklow and nearly always there is masses of cars parked on the road just outside Ashford village, is there some kind of park or something there that people are visiting?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mount usher gardens probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

There is a new Avoca restaurant in Mount Usher gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ahh, thanks, just googled Mount Usher Gardens. Never heard of the place before, looks very nice, I'm going to visit it myself the next nice day we have :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its a very nice spot, and the new cafe is excellent (though not cheap).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

It's because of Avoca Restaurant. The gardens are nice, but the increase in attention is because of the Restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lived about 150 yards from mount usher (in ballinalea) all my life and still havnt been in it *sigh* will wait till the summer and take a look around maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Grim. wrote: »
    lived about 150 yards from mount usher (in ballinalea) all my life and still havnt been in it *sigh* will wait till the summer and take a look around maybe

So your not the only Ashford person to have gone into it then:D! People moan about it to me, saying its too expensive, I just say how would i know, I've never been. They look at me oddly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I recommend the Meatball Salad...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We used to hop over the fence as kids;)

Is the book shop still there with the 2nd hand comics?

Since then I have paid in though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We used to hop over the fence as kids;)

Is the book shop still there with the 2nd hand comics?

Since then I have paid in though:)

god,did the same myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

its cuz all the yummy mummys are visiting Avoca Handweaver cafe........while Fiachra and Donnacdha are in school............for a skinny late with soya milk............

:)

Advertisement