Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer and Weed t-shirts - sad?

• 09-09-2007 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Does anyone find it really lame and sad when you see people wearing those sh*t t-shirts that have beer/weed/sex jokes on them? I think it's like a warning, making you aware that the wearer is a total tool, and to avoid them....which has it's benefits I guess. Does anyone actually find these t-shirts funny?

Examples being:
    "If found, please return to the pub"
    "Well it's not going to suck itself!"
    "Save Water - drink more Beer"
    "Irish Beer Drinking Squad"
    "I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
    "Adihash"
    "Marijuana" - in Marlboro font.

etc, etc.

Yeah - you like drink/smoke/sex - wow, big deal. Who cares? It reminds me of David Brent telling the swindon noobs about how muich he drinks, except these guys are just acting the tool - they're living it.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Relax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

"Swallow,Its rude to spit" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

for most people is it not very tounge in cheek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Yea I'm not the biggest fan of those funny drink Tshirts but I think theyre better than the white shirt uniform of people falling out of niteclubs and puking in the ditch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Sup guys whats going on in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Code Face

Jumpy wrote:
    Relax?
    I'm totally chilled - it's just a topic I'd like to discuss. Do you have a problem with that?
    for most people is it not very tounge in cheek?

You tell me. I just find it plain crap & unfunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I never understood why weed smokers always need to advertise the fact. I used to work with a guy, good bloke and all, but within a few hours of me starting the job he asked me if I smoked it because he does. Almost every day after work he'd tell me he was off home to light up.

Nobody else seems to do this except weed smokers. Nobody else advertises that they're going home to make a ham sandwich or whatever.

Code Face wrote:
    I'm totally chilled - it's just a topic I'd like to discuss. Do you have a problem with that?

Oooo he's calling you out there. But he's totally chilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Code Face wrote:
    big deal. Who cares?
    You apparently.

Exit wrote:
    I never understood why weed smokers always need to advertise the fact. I used to work with a guy, good bloke and all, but within a few hours of me starting the job he asked me if I smoked it because he does. Almost every day after work he'd tell me he was off home to light up.

Nobody else seems to do this except weed smokers. Nobody else advertises that they're going home to make a ham sandwich or whatever.
    Exactly - and it's usually the biggest mouths that are the most full of sh*t.

"How many spots do you put in your joints" I was asked one time by a spazmo at a party...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

I totally agree they are sad, although I especially dislike the ones with "5uck my 2ick" and other such cryptic phrases. While we're on it I also don't get the whole jersey thing, think I'll start a similar thread..mmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Exit wrote:

Actually, yeah. I hate that too.

Probably because people who smoke are so cool, they need to tell everyone.

Pinker wrote:
    I totally agree they are sad, although I especially dislike the ones with "5uck my 2ick" and other such cryptic phrases. While we're on it I also don't get the whole jersey thing, think I'll start a similar thread..mmm...

That's not very cryptic, it means "Suck my dick".

clown bag wrote:
    You apparently.
    You missed the point. I care about the fact that the t-shirts are lame - that's the point of the thread. But I DON'T care if they drink/smoke/love sex, etc.

There seem to be a few of these t-shirt culprits replying so far, based on the defensiveness of some replies, lol.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The question is not one I have ever felt strongly enough about to even consider, but I will now give it due consideration.

Nope, still couldn't give a rat's ass.

Exit wrote:

I often tell people what I'm going home to eat. I do this to make me look cool.

meh, it's just not something that I ever took much offense to tbh. They can even be an ice breaker on occassion in the pub. Most of my t-shirts are of the plain black variety these days with a few liverpool tops for match days but I remember I once had a Mr.Ass t-shirt. Always had some random girlie come up to me and demand to check my ass out whenever I wore it. Twas great crack alltogether. I did make sure however to stay away from certain kinds of pubs when wearing it though. :)

clown bag wrote:
    I remember I once had a Mr.Ass t-shirt.
    Sounds hilarious.
    Always had some random girlie come up to me and demand to check my ass out whenever I wore it.
    I guess it must have been handy alright....to attract people with an equally lame sense of humour.

Code Face wrote:
    Sounds hilarious.

I guess it must have been handy alright....to attract people with an equally lame sense of humour.
    Yup, it kept away stuck up dry cnuts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Code Face wrote:
    The shirts on that T-shirt hell thread recently were certainly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

don't exactly find them funny but likewise have nothing against them. The odd t shirt is funny but I'd never call someone an eejit for weraring a slogan on their t shirt

Code Face wrote:
    rofl. Why does it bug you so much? For someone who's chilled out, and who doesn't give a sh*t, you sure are very aggro

clown bag wrote:
    Yup, it kept away stuck up dry cnuts too.
    Nice - if someone doesn't like crap beer jokes, they're dry. It must be nice to live in a world of football, beer, & 9-5. Enjoy...

T-Shirts are serious business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

2Scoops wrote:
    lol - yeah, that's another one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Code Face wrote:

I lol'd :D

Code Face wrote:
    Nice - if someone doesn't like crap beer jokes, they're dry. It must be nice to live in a world of football, beer, & 9-5. Enjoy...
    I was just responding to your own silly generalisation about people with a lame sense of humour, a generalisation you've added to with your football, beer, & 9-5 referance. I find people who comment on other peoples choice of clothes and who then sterotype them based on those clothes as pretty small minded people. A lot of people who wear these t-shirts would think far less about them than you seem to do.

Maybe people buy these t-shirts because they're generally cheaper than other types of t-shirts, not because they think they're "cool".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Actually these things have always annoyed me a bit. The ones I don't like are the really cheap looking images of popular characters (e.g. Homer Simpson, Bob Marley etc..) with a big massive cartoon spliff hanging out of their mouths. Those pieces of s*** are not witty, intelligent or any other positive adjective.

clown bag wrote:
    I was just responding to your own silly generalisation about people with a lame sense of humour, a generalisation you've added to with your football, beer, & 9-5 referance. I find people who comment on other peoples choice of clothes and who then sterotype them based on those clothes as pretty small minded people. A lot of people who wear these t-shirts would think far less about them than you seem to do.

Maybe people buy these t-shirts because they're generally cheaper than other types of t-shirts, not because they think they're "cool".
    My comment about you was tongue in cheek - but I do think it's fair to stereotype people who wear those t-shirts, based on the fact that those type of t-shirts are lame and unfunny - it's then fair to logically deduce from that the owner of said tee is also lame and unfunny......but I'm sure they think they're hilarious in their own little world, so unfortunately they'll never 'get it'. It's the same people who like Roy Chubby Brown, The Royle Family, and Brendan O Carroll.

Actually these things have always annoyed me a bit. The ones I don't like are the really cheap looking images of popular characters (e.g. Homer Simpson, Bob Marley etc..) with a big massive cartoon spliff hanging out of their mouths. Those pieces of s*** are not witty, intelligent or any other positive adjective.
    You sir, are on the ball!

This thread is now about: Dinosaurs. Post all your dinosaur related discussion here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Have to say those t-shirts are pretty stupid but I don't really pass any more notice on them anyway. I don't wear them and the genreal public can dress however the fudge they want.

Have to say those t-shirts are pretty stupid but I don't really pass any more notice on them anyway. I don't wear them and the genreal public can dress however the fudge they want.
    I agree - I never said they COULDN'T wear them - I just said that the people who do are sad!

• Advertisement

Code Face wrote:
    I do think it's fair to stereotype people who wear those t-shirts, based on the fact that those type of t-shirts are lame and unfunny - it's then fair to logically deduce from that the owner of said tee is also lame and unfunny...
    It's just a t-shirt ffs. maybe it's just me but I can't honestly say I've never took a second glance or came to any conclusion about a person because of the t-shirt they're wearing.

clown bag wrote:
    I can't honestly say I've never took a second glance or came to any conclusion about a person because of the t-shirt they're wearing.
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm reading that as you saying you have taken a second glance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Are you just looking for an arguement code face?

Are you just looking for an arguement code face?
    Nope - just a discussion! My points are all valid, and presented coherently.

touché :)

I'll try keeping some consistency by saying I have taken a second glance at said t-shirts when the wearer had nice boobies.

Seriously though, do you not think you're being a bit weird about the whole t-shirt thing? I mean you don't like them, fair enough, I don't find them particularly funny either but what's with the obvious hatred towards people who wear them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

The fake swearing ones I hate.

'fcuk' etc.

kiss my a354

etc.

have the courage to wear a t-shirt with a really offensive phrase on it like

'RIM MY ASS GAPE'

clown bag wrote:
    touché :)

I'll try keeping some consistency by saying I have taken a second glance at said t-shirts when the wearer had nice boobies.

Seriously though, do you not think you're being a bit weird about the whole t-shirt thing? I mean you don't like them, fair enough, I don't find them particularly funny either but what's with the obvious hatred towards people who wear them.
    I hate a lot of people, for a lot of reasons. This is just happens to be one of the groups I hate - no biggie - just a forum topic. It's nice to vent sometimes. I targeted you a little bit, because you admitted being the owner of a similar tee - for that I apologise, but I still think the Mr. Ass tee is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I hate people who call T-Shirts, a "tee".

what about

SUCK THE SH*T OUT OF A DOG'S ANUS
    ?

That would be a cool t-shirt to wear; one that guarantee that girls would want to get off with the wearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

beer tshirts are dumb.

Weed ones are great when you're looking for smoke.

Why does the clothing of people you don't know wind you up so much? Some slogans are witty, so aren't. Most of the people I know who wear t-shirts like that, do so in a tounge in cheek ways. Its cheesy and so forth. The assumption that this means all slogan t-shirt wearers are lame/sad says a lot about you really.

Would you also say that:

All girls in skirts are "looking for it"?
    That anyone is a tracksuit is a skobie?
    That anyone is a leather trench-coat (esp a black one) is highly likely to shoot people?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

DesF wrote:
    Probably because people who smoke are so cool, they need to tell everyone.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

It adds to the whole 'don't you wish that you were this cool' vibe that some seem to give off.

Code Face wrote:
    but I still think the Mr. Ass tee is crap.
    So did I, wore it one night specifically to get slagged by my mates (nothing wrong with a friendly slagging match between friends) and then wore it a a few times after that as a result of unexpected attention from girlies. I knew it was cheesey, that was the point. No animals were hurt in my wearing of the t-shirt and nobody died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Would you also say that:

All girls in skirts are "looking for it"?
    That anyone is a tracksuit is a skobie?
    That anyone is a leather trench-coat (esp a black one) is highly likely to shoot people?

Yes
    Yes
    Yes

clown bag

- CLOWN'S POCKET
    - WIZARD'S SLEEVE
    - THROWING A SAUSAGE UP O'CONNELL ST
    - WAVING A PEN AROUND CROKE PARK

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement