Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stan

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

psi wrote:
    The substitutions were even more baffling. Gibson, maybe I can see why he came on, but really, a competitive debut to a player more about steele than the finesse that we needed?.......

maybe to eliminate any possibility of Norn Ireland taking him back? ie get him a cap. all i can think of.

TBH, i reckon even with Gibson on, we still could have won IF Hunt came on instead of Douglas!! simple as that! one bad decision! albeit, one on top of a lot of other bad decisions, each being another nail in the coffin for us.
    Even if we do qualify, i reckon we'll always be shaky. we'll never have any real belief or confidence in our team under stan. the results have just been so inconsistent.

Still though, i find it hard to wish us defeat, even if its just to get Stan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Aldrige should not be an option. Nor does he need to be.
    He'd probably end up the same as Staunton. We need a proper manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

DesF wrote:

Neither, I cannot see Delaney sacking him, and he certainly hasn't the cop on to resign.

there is no way delaney will fall with stan. have no illusions, he will axe him in a heartbeat if another yes-man who might to a better job comes along.

DesF wrote:
    Holy shít, I thought everyone knew this story, obviously not though.

John Aldridge never applied for the Bohs job, he was never interested.

The phone call to the Bohs board member, purporting to be from Aldridge, was actually from Davey 'Scouse' Rogers, as a piss take.

:D I can't believe you still think Aldridge wanted that job.

Put a smile on my face this morning anyway.

the time before that.... when mahon was threatened by the BSC. Aldo applied. The hoax was when blackie conners lied his way into the job. remember, the gypos go through managers for fun....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the time before that.... when mahon was threatened by the BSC. Aldo applied. The hoax was when blackie conners lied his way into the job. remember, the gypos go through managers for fun....
    The hoax was before Farrelly got the job.

DesF wrote:
    The hoax was before Farrelly got the job.

who cares, failed manager apples for job at joke club. they deserve each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Hitzfield applied for the Irish job and wasnt even granted an interview. Would have been available for less than the Bobby Staunton double act too

:confused: is that true? how come i never heard of this at the time??? that's ****ing outrageous if true!

Hitzfield applied for the Irish job and wasnt even granted an interview. Would have been available for less than the Bobby Staunton double act too
    Hmm.

Missed this earlier.

Can you back it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Should we fail to win in Prague (a reasonably likely occurence), I think our losses should be cut. Give a new manager a chance to bed in before the WC campaign.

I actually don't understand how Stan appears so completely clueless. He was an experienced player, who worked under some top managers, I would've imagined he had to pick something up in that time.

The team is not the strongest its been in the last ten years, but there certainly are plusses and strengths. There are players there whose ability should not be squandered in this way.

• Advertisement

DesF wrote:
    Hmm.

Missed this earlier.

Can you back it up?

Not in any way shape or form, but its 100% true. PM me if you want details etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Why can't you post it here?

DSB wrote:
    Why can't you post it here?

because i dont want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

because i dont want to.

Good answer :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

because i dont want to.
    I think you're full of sh!t on this one.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I think you're full of sh!t on this one.
    Gotta agree. Source or bull........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think people should jump down somebodys throat. After all, thats why imo Bannor left. If he's talking bull, it will become clear in time. No point in demanding a source, since most of the time, anybody with any sort of insider information won't be able to give you a source.

PHB wrote:
    I don't think people should jump down somebodys throat. After all, thats why imo Bannor left. If he's talking bull, it will become clear in time. No point in demanding a source, since most of the time, anybody with any sort of insider information won't be able to give you a source.
    Agree 100% there.

Lads, he said PM for details.

Guess what? I PMd and got details.

:rolleyes:

Do you go around asking for sources from the newspaper reports you read every day? Or the news?

PHB wrote:
    anybody with any sort of insider information won't be able to give you a source.

Bingo!

I said from the off I wouldnt be able to back it up to any resonable degree, so take it or leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

DesF wrote:
    Do you go around asking for sources from the newspaper reports you read every day? Or the news?
    No, but I wouldn't trust a single thing I read in some papers. :rolleyes:

I would be unlikely to take someone - who is unwilling to just post up their allegations on the public board yet happy to divulge via PM - seriously for that matter. So, my original comment stands.

Prove me wrong? :)

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Prove me wrong? :)
    No, I'm not going to post the contents of a PM.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

i wouldnt believe it either, not on a message board, PM or not

Advertisement