Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terrible Q6600 performance

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Khannie wrote:
    For what it's worth: I have a 975X chipset and my Q6600 runs at 3.0GHz for everyday use.

:rolleyes: Ya, but its prob an Asus m8, Asus top out @ 350-380fsb, Abit i have topped out @ 300-320fsb. Not enough 2 keep me happy :D Thats why i bought chosen's p5k :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If it is this motherboard im gona be pissed. And ill just buy the best x38 boards out there. If i still get the same problem.... Flaccus is a dead man ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote:
    If it is this motherboard im gona be pissed. And ill just buy the best x38 boards out there. If i still get the same problem.... Flaccus is a dead man ;)

asus blitz extream.......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

If you want a mobo under 200euros then take a look at abit ip35 PRO.
    Very nice board with a lot of options.

Screenshot from a friends pc :)
    stable.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anti wrote:

I just read this...don't be a smart ass or I will come up there. I never sold you a feckin overclocking guarantee with the chip, only that it works (at stock) and now that you have clocked it you have zero warranty. And it's you mobo anyway mate not the chip. Nvidia chipsets suck at overclocking quads. It's well documented and an issue with their boards. It was addressed with the A1 revision of the EVGA 680i and the DFI 680i LT. If you had looked into this on any forum you would know the story. And unless you have one of those Nvidia boards I just mentioned you are generally limited to 300-320mhz. Get a P35 or wait for the X38. Don't blame me if you shag up the chip :)

• Advertisement

Heh relax dude, I knew the risk when i bought the chip. I was just hoping by some miracle that the board would actually be able to clock it well as it did an amazing job on my e6600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Flaccus wrote:
    Nvidia chipsets suck at overclocking quads. It's well documented and an issue with their boards.

yeah, flaccus tried to warn me numerous times off getting an nvidia chipset when I was buying my quad off him, but would I listen? No, says I, I want the option of SLI, so I bought it anyway.

That being said, the multiplier on my QX6700 is unlocked so hopefully FSB woes with my evga 680i-A1 won't be too bad.

btw Anti, what are the documented FSB limits of your board?

So I'm not a dead man then :D
    Maybe my words were a bit strong.

Anti - Abit IP35 Pro is a good 'un. Alot of the P35's have the magic boot up, shuts down after 3 seconds and then boots up again "feature". Supposed to be a diagnostic. The Pro version of the IP35 does not have this "feature" and clocks pretty well. The Asus Blitz is supposed to clock the highest of the lot. The X38 does not seem to offer many advantages unless you are going Crossfire.

@ L31mr0d, 500mhz is meant to be the limit of this board. I must try it out with a low multi to see how far i can get it. Bit worried about the nb temps though. They were hitting 80c before i put as5 on it.

@ Flaccus, yeah i have been looking at the abit and the asus boards you mention. Im hoping to find one second hand.

Also, my board is for sale now, if anyone wants it just pm me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Flaccus wrote:
    Alot of the P35's have the magic boot up, shuts down after 3 seconds and then boots up again "feature".
    Oh so my boards not broken:rolleyes: I was ****'n myself, wondering why it did that everytime I turned off/on the PSU... Silly me:D

So it is definately ment to do this yeah!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote:
    @ L31mr0d, 500mhz is meant to be the limit of this board. I must try it out with a low multi to see how far i can get it. Bit worried about the nb temps though. They were hitting 80c before i put as5 on it.

@ Flaccus, yeah i have been looking at the abit and the asus boards you mention. Im hoping to find one second hand.

Also, my board is for sale now, if anyone wants it just pm me ;)

quads are diffrent you will notice a much lower fsb wall with that board/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

If your looking for recommendations for a P35, I'd have to say P5K-Premium, IP35-Pro and the Blitz Formula are the best of the lot, DFI's P35 Lanparty doesn't seem to be on sale yet and it was supposed to be ready over a month ago :confused: that would be very good too (and expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

^ The P5K Premium's are very hard to find... I would of got one but I'm pretty sure they are just not letting Europe in on this board... Looked everywhere, no sign of it.

Anti, I would highly recommend my board (P5K Deluxe) if you are unable to find the premium, or just simply want to spend less.

I have found it so easy to OC with!! It really is a beaut. It was nicely priced when I got, so I'd say it's a steal now..

I found the IP35 pro a higher clocker then any of the P5K's.
    Also, no stupid reboot issue. (The regular IP35 has the reboot problem as do a lot of P35 boards). Also the Asus Blitz has Asus's implementation of dual 8x crossfire I think (or could be dual 16x..generally P35's are 16x and 4x), but if you want that wait for the X38 which has dual 16x crossfire.

Hendrix89 wrote:
    Oh so my boards not broken:rolleyes: I was ****'n myself, wondering why it did that everytime I turned off/on the PSU... Silly me:D

So it is definately ment to do this yeah!?

Yes indeed, and depending on the psu you have, if you have a GTX with this board the piezzo speaker will let out a little beep when this happens as the voltage drains so quickly from the capacitors the G80 thinks there 'aint enough power on the 12v rail. Sort of annoying.

Advertisement