Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Palmersport

Options
  • 09-09-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Spent yesterday over at the Bedford Autodrome for a Palmersport corporate racing day. This is my second time doing it - the only main changes this year was that they have replaced the fleet of 350Z's with Jaguar XKR's. Its an absolutely fantastic day for any petrol head. I believe it costs around £700 for the day but its worth it!! There are 7 events in total on 5 or 6 different tracks (EVO magazine use the tracks to test their motors, and this months Top Gear mag has a piece with Clive Owen driving one of the XKRs there)
    Line up includes the XKR's, Caterhams, Clio Sports (mental!), Porsche 911's, Formula Palmer Audis (single seaters), Jaguar JP1's and an off road coarse in Land Rover Defenders. You also do a timed challenge on a tight wet track in the Caterhams which is pretty mad.

What topped the whole lot off was that my mate had organised an M5 for the weekend..BEAST. What a car - I got to drive it for around 50 miles or so. What is so amazing is that it is so refined at low speeds as well as arrestable speeds (145 but I wasnt driving that time). I have attached a few pics and video clips. I have a clip of the M5 but it was in a tunnel so it was pretty dark but worth just listening to.

Apologies the quality of the pics is crap as i am only on dial up and have had to reduce them down to upload them. Hopefully I'll get a chance to replace them with better quality copies during the week

th_Movie.jpg

th_Catheram.jpg

th_JP1.jpg

th_FPA.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01422-1.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

th_JP1.jpg

th_FPA.jpg

th_Porsche.jpg

DSC01447.jpg

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01434.jpg

DSC01433.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Wow ....looks like you had an amazin time. Was the HUD disabled on the M5? I can't make it out in the vid?

I was in the passenger seat for that clip - you can really only see the HUD from the drivers seat. I must say its definitely an option to tick if you were getting an M5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You really need to get a better camera, those pictures are just crap. it ruins the cars, seriously. i can take better photos with my phone. Glad you had a nice day though, the garage with all the Jags is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I am an idiot, my appologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I did that a few weeks ago, awsome !! can't wait to go back. I won't post my lap times cos I don't want to get embarrassed.

Which was your favourite? I loved the Fomula Audi single seater, and the Clio was so much fun !

Yeah sorry again guys -I'll replace the pictures when I get a chance at work. Unfortunately the govt dont care about us internet dial-ites.

As regards my favourite Whippet I'd prob say the Clios - they are absolutely mental and trying to remember the sequential box (no cluth changing up, clutch changing down) was a bit difficult. Also the Caterhams were class. I enjoyed them a lot more than last year - was able to control the slides a bit better.

As regards times
    XKR: 73.40
    Clio: 59.26
    911: 60.97
    Caterham: 52.50
    Land rover: 35 pts on targets and 10 for the rails with a time for 30.35

I dont have the times for the rest.

I must say I wasnt really bothered about the times as much this year and I actually enjoyed it more

just a few more pics

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01384.jpg