Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leavin cert accounting

Options
  • 09-09-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I want to basically do this in 1 year, I am not in a position to go back to school as I am in full time employment.
    Has anyone any ideas for what I can do?

Alol help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Accounting would be quite a difficult subject to teach to yourself as you need a good fundamental understanding of the principles that would be hard to acquire without external help.

My best advice is try to find someone you know thats done accounting and get them to teach you the basics.

Honestly, it'd be really difficult to learn yourself, the textbooks are imo very vague, I hate saying it but tbh I'd have to point you in the direction of grinds or I think ashfield college or some name like that do teaching via post (they send you notes + exercises and you do the exercises and send them back for correction I think or something to that effect)

Basically its gonna be tough, but it is possible. Oh and throw any Qs you have about here and one of us will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

1978 wrote: »
    I want to basically do this in 1 year, I am not in a position to go back to school as I am in full time employment.
    Has anyone any ideas for what I can do?

Alol help greatly appreciated

Did you decide to go ahead with accounting in the end?

Advertisement