Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pabx

Options
  • 09-09-2007 9:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭

i recently re-installed an eircom advantage 1200 pabx for a company who moved office... basic setup of single isdn line with 5 digital handsets all works fine except except that no phones rings when and externall call is made to one of their 2 phone numbers, it can dial out allright.. extension 11 is by default set to ring automatically yet it doesnt? any ideas....

P.s on each handset line 1 lights up for a split second as i make an inbound call with my mobile

Appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Did the move involve a change of phone numbers .. the previous system may have had DDI numbers programmed...and therefore the system does not know where to direct calls..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

yes they had a different set of numbers in the old office Johnnie, would you know the procedure ?

Fraid not..I'm not familiar with that model.. I'm sure you'd need the pc programming tool.. If you could manage to reset the system then all extensions willl most prob ring out..and you should still be able to set times etc through the handset..
    can they not ring Eircom and ask them to send out an engineer.. usually Eircom persuade their customers to buy a service contract..

Some info here..http://www.eircombusinesssystems.ie/downloads.asp?Id=254

In the meantime you could simply plug some analogue phones in to the ISDN Box ..
    Also have you checked that you have the isdn patch cable in the right socket..i see from above that the system is capable of 4 isdn lines

No they dont have a contract with eircom. how would i go about resetting the system? i reinstalled the system... didn think this would be such an issue! little did i know

cheers for that... i actually have the CD manual

• Advertisement

No i didnt check it in different ports, id says the problem is that its configured for the old numbers, if i could reset it id say we would be in business

I'm only guessing ..is there a reset button near the power switch or inside the cover.. usually it involves turning off the system turn back on while pressing the button...
    Give me a day or two an I'll ask a friend of mine that works for Eircom he may know someone familiar with the system..Or ya never know Boards could come through yet!!:D

Yea i would really appreciate it there is very little about pabx on boards and the web, and as i have been paid already i know they need there phones, ill problably pop over and try unplugging/disconnecting anything resembeling a battery.. ill let you know, Cheers

Advertisement