Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PES 2008 info?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Cheers!
    It better be miles better than the 360 version last year, it wasn't a real PES game at all.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Keith186 wrote:
    Cheers!
    It better be miles better than the 360 version last year, it wasn't a real PES game at all.:(
    It was. You, and others, just couldn't look past the fact that it had no edit mode. In terms of gameplay, it was the best in the series. And that's why we play PES, for the gameplay, right?

Oh, and small world, ConsoleMonster used to be one of my e-haunts. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's funny cos i was critical of pes 6 but when my 360 broke we dusted off the xbox and pes 5, going back to that was terrible. We managed 2 games! pes 6 is sooo much better gameplay wise.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

NeoKubrick wrote:
    It was. You, and others, just couldn't look past the fact that it had no edit mode. In terms of gameplay, it was the best in the series. And that's why we play PES, for the gameplay, right?

a

The 360 is the worst ever since ISS2, only people who havent got it for Ps2 or PC think otherwise.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

KdjaCL wrote:
    The 360 is the worst ever since ISS2, only people who havent got it for Ps2 or PC think otherwise.

kdjac
    Agreed. PS2 gameplay wipes the floor with the 360's. But the Live integration of the 360 is why I'm prolly going to purchase 2008 on it.

• Advertisement

You're both living in a dream-world. The Xbox 360 build of PES6 had the best gameplay and most realistic. I've played the PS2 build. It's an arcade game; it's a run and bugshoot game. And PES2008 is based upon the build of the PES6 Xbox 360 version; so, Seabass & Co. obviously think it's a better game and more realistic interpretation. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you Neo buddy... the PS2 kicks the shít out of the 360 fun wise, thats what PES is all about. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Nailz wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you Neo buddy... the PS2 kicks the shít out of the 360 fun wise, thats what PES is all about. ;)

Agreed!!

Lets hope they resurrect the awesome end to end, non stop style of gameplay of WE10 on the 360 with 2008. I'm not asking for a carbon copy, but integrating that style of play is what is required!! Loads of goals, shots, 1 on 1's and slick passing. Realism can be taken to too high a degree IMO, which only serves to get in the way of just enjoying the game. PES6 on the 360 for example, I can count on one hand the amount of really exciting games I've had with friends or on XBL. I've literally stopped playing it now because it just bores the crap outa me.:(

Paying WE10, alone or with friends, was possibly the most fun I've ever had with any game on any platform ever!!

NeoKubrick wrote:
    You're both living in a dream-world. The Xbox 360 build of PES6 had the best gameplay and most realistic. I've played the PS2 build. It's an arcade game; it's a run and bugshoot game. And PES2008 is based upon the build of the PES6 Xbox 360 version; so, Seabass & Co. obviously think it's a better game and more realistic interpretation. :rolleyes:

I'm with you on that one dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PES 6 PS2 = 40m screamers, 4 or 5 a game. disgarceful goalkeepers.

PES 6 360 = 40 screamers, 4 or 5 a year, sence of achievement.

I played ALOT of both, and on PS2 random stuff happened all the time. 360 is alot more of a footballing sim.

• Advertisement

The keepers in the 360 are disgraceful aswell. Nearly always getting beat at their near post and are so ridiculously easy to round. I also think supercancel is fubar'd in the 360 version.

I'm with you on that one dude!
    Aw yeah! You always have to go against me!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

gonna go with the 360 version
    it kicks ass

May you tell me why it "kicks ass"?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jimmy456

this looks cool

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This looks fantastic.

And quit hating on the 360 version of the game, i actually preferred it to my ps2 and my pc. The only advantages the pc had was downloadable jersey patches etc for the game.

All of you slagging the game off ridiculously on the 360 is pretty unjustified in my opinion unless you are slating it for having less features i.e. no edit mode...then you have a point. But gameplay was practically perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

PC version > All ;)

But seriously, its a fine game for the most part on both PS2 and Xbox (I can't discern any huge difference in gameplay between the two) - some people need to chill :S

Aside, in a commuter paper today, I've seen a PES2008 ad congratulating Owen on his 40 England goals. And the cover art of the game has C. Ronaldo and Owen now - was this not originally just C. Ronaldo ?

No, Owen has been confirmed for quite a while now. It's prolly why they chose Newcastle as a licensed team.

In other news it's been officially confirmed that the release date is the 26th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

The PC version is easily the best out of the three but unfortunately my system here wouldn't be able to handle it too well. Next would be the PS2 version which I have, then last the xbox one (gameplay being cack on it).

If you've any decent PC, get it on that.

cheesedude wrote:
    .........But gameplay was practically perfect.

Yes! Exactly

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    This looks fantastic.

And quit hating on the 360 version of the game, i actually preferred it to my ps2 and my pc. The only advantages the pc had was downloadable jersey patches etc for the game.

All of you slagging the game off ridiculously on the 360 is pretty unjustified in my opinion unless you are slating it for having less features i.e. no edit mode...then you have a point. But gameplay was practically perfect.

the fact its **** and lsuggish is good enough for me, the main thing being the sluggish part, you cant control the ball and a diagonal slide tackle can take the ball at any time.

PC you can stop the ball and move it with ease 360 just doesnt allow that due to the crap game engine used.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Any news on a demo being released?

KdjaCL wrote:
    the fact its **** and lsuggish is good enough for me, the main thing being the sluggish part, you cant control the ball and a diagonal slide tackle can take the ball at any time.

PC you can stop the ball and move it with ease 360 just doesnt allow that due to the crap game engine used.

kdjac

It's not sluggish. It's just not the fast arcade game that PES6 is on the PS2 and PC. It's football as it is, not as a fast video game (a la Sensible Soccer). I can control the ball no problem; I can stop the ball.

One of the main reasons some fans object to the Xbox 360 version is that it doesn't let them play a run and bugshoot game; it actually requires you to pass the ball.

NeoKubrick wrote:
    It's not sluggish. It's just not the fast arcade game that PES6 is on the PS2 and PC. It's football as it is, not as a fast video game (a la Sensible Soccer). I can control the ball no problem; I can stop the ball.

One of the main reasons some fans object to the Xbox 360 version is that it doesn't let them play a run and bugshoot game; it actually requires you to pass the ball.

Only people i know who like the 360 version are 360 owners who dont have it for pc or hate playstations.

I have it for all 3 and honestly the only reason i can see that people play it on 360s is that they have no other choice.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Your being overly harsh and very exaggerative in my opinion.

How on earth you can say "You can't control the ball" is crazy...a diagonal slide tackle can take the ball away at any time?....That's just madness.

KdjaCL wrote:
    Only people i know who like the 360 version are 360 owners who dont have it for pc or hate playstations.

I have it for all 3 and honestly the only reason i can see that people play it on 360s is that they have no other choice.

kdjac

I have it on the pc, had it on the playstation and own it on the 360 and all I am saying is that the gameplay is perfect on the 360.

To be honest, I think the problem is quite simple, it's when any new pes game comes, people say it's **** and harder to use etc....so when you are playing it on the 360 as opposed to on the ps2 or the PC, it's like a different game in terms of speed of play and some people don't like this adjustment and call it **** and sluggish...

These people need to look at themselves and realize the game is not that bloody bad...and that it is practically perfect game play wise....

These people need to look at themselves and realize the game is not that bloody bad...and that it is practically perfect game play wise....

Its not that bloody bad and is perfect gameplay wise hows that work :D

Since the game out over a year ago only yourself and Neo are the 2 people to say thats its brilliant on this forum, others accpeted it as the only pes they could get.

kdjac

lol

I mean like fair enough in terms of features, it is the worst, probably the ****test pro evo ever out....

But when you forget about the editing crap and just go straight in....i think it's a gem...

I'm not gonna lie man, when I first played it on 360, it was in my friends house and I was still playing it on pc and ps2....

And then when I bought a 360 mainly cos i traded in my psp and a **** load of games my mate gave me, I started playing pro evo on it more and then after a few hours on it, i was like "This is just as good..."

I used to hate the controller and stuff. So in my opinion, I am convinced it is just like playing a new pro evo...that whole adjustment phase....but i really like it....

KdjaCL wrote:
    Its not that bloody bad and is perfect gameplay wise hows that work :D

Since the game out over a year ago only yourself and Neo are the 2 people to say thats its brilliant on this forum, others accpeted it as the only pes they could get.

kdjac

I couldn't care less if everyone in this forum said they preferred PES6 on the PS2. The Xbox 360 version is better, gameplay-wise, and the fact that Konami are building upon the Xbox 360 build, and not the PS2 PES6 build proves which version Seabass & Co. think is better.

• Advertisement

NeoKubrick wrote:
    I couldn't care less if everyone in this forum said they preferred PES6 on the PS2. The Xbox 360 version is better, gameplay-wise, and the fact that Konami are building upon the Xbox 360 build, and not the PS2 PES6 build proves which version Seabass & Co. think is better.

Agreed.

Advertisement