Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PES 2008 info?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

NeoKubrick wrote:

Champion on what format? If your defenders aren't doing what you've instructed them to do, then you're doing something wrong.

ps2 or PC, 360 doesnt count on boards its like the gay version :D

Theres a 360 league here somewhere.

kdjac

kensutz wrote:
    Scored plenty of goals on Live from 30 yards.

Well then you got no skill or do you, i actually forget whether its a good thing or bad thing to score from 30 yards, i know if you work the space for the shot its a good thing, but some people think that 30 yarders are no skill goals.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's a case of good timing and setting up the shot properly. Did it with a variety of different teams so it's not like I stick with the Inter's Brazil etc.

kensutz wrote:
    It's a case of good timing and setting up the shot properly. Did it with a variety of different teams so it's not like I stick with the Inter's Brazil etc.

Do it with waterford!!!!!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=d3k6zmynCto

tbh the little header was a fluke :p

Oh and do it with waterford on the 360!!!!

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0zQuGo2fY

I would do it if we could get the option files :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

KdjaCL wrote:
    Well then you got no skill or do you, i actually forget whether its a good thing or bad thing to score from 30 yards, i know if you work the space for the shot its a good thing, but some people think that 30 yarders are no skill goals.

"I'd be interested to know where you find the skill in long-range shots in a computer game?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jou

I heard they was calling it "Pro 7" on it's own, don't know whether it's true though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

NeoKubrick wrote:
    "I'd be interested to know where you find the skill in long-range shots in a computer game?"

Well you can't just do it any time you like, u have to line it up and do it when you have space, there's not a massive amount of skill, but there is some skill!!
    jou wrote:
    I heard they was calling it "Pro 7" on it's own, don't know whether it's true though.

??? It's PES 2008

As for this argument, its going nowhere, anyone actually wanna discuss new info about the game. I presume everyones heard they've added a dive feature to this years game?

kensutz wrote:
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0zQuGo2fY

I would do it if we could get the option files :p

thats what other formats are for :D

Inter player? Dunno about your option file or patch but you earn the space to score from 30 yards. In saying that most of my goals online and where i play a player in one on one and round the keeper, i pick **** teams find the game more fun then as every goal you score is earned.

I do believe i have beaten every PC or PS2 player on here with West ham (bar one...****)
    But its not skill to win with West ham vs barca
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5Wbjmshzk

as you can see im jammy.

harewoods my fav, sweet flowing move then no skill shot from 20 odd yards.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

I was watching a vid of the guys who made the game(from konami) playing it on an xbox 360 and they both said its miles better than the ps2 or ps3 version,so just to let yous know pes 2008 was made for the xbox 360 and is being ported for other consoles,so they wont even compare.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Inter player? Dunno about your option file or patch but you earn the space to score from 30 yards. In saying that most of my goals online and where i play a player in one on one and round the keeper, i pick **** teams find the game more fun then as every goal you score is earned.

I do believe i have beaten every PC or PS2 player on here with West ham (bar one...****)
    But its not skill to win with West ham vs barca
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5Wbjmshzk

as you can see im jammy.

harewoods my fav, sweet flowing move then no skill shot from 20 odd yards.

I rarely shoot from outside the box, even with Inter. And I'd be surprised to read any player whom I've played say that I scored goals from outside the box, because I only take a shot when there's a high probability it'll hit the net. It's no mean feat to earn space from thirty-yards (heh).

And it all depends upon the skill of the opponent whether or not it takes skill to win against Barcelona with West Ham. And as I've said, it takes no skill to press 'X' and aim the 'D-pad' or 'Analogue Stick'. The build-up is what interests me. Harewood's was good (the pass was nice), but the other two were boring, cookie-cutter goals you'd see among all the other PES youtubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The build-up is what interests me.

That's the real difference between the XBOX game. The XBOX game forces you to play a build up game, while the PS2 and PC versions give you the choice between a build up game and a fast counter attack game.

PHB wrote:
    That's the real difference between the XBOX game. The XBOX game forces you to play a build up game, while the PS2 and PC versions give you the choice between a build up game and a fast counter attack game.
    When I say 'build-up', that isn't confined to a fifty pass move. It's basically how you came to score your goal. The Xbox 360 version lets you play any way you like; so, I don't know what you're talking about, to be honest. It's not difficult to design a formation which facilitates a fast counter game.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think your all being hard on the 360...it's a fantastic game on the 360...gameplay is solid. Fair enough if you hate the controller...i can see your point...I used to hate it too but the gameplay is quality...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i can attest to kdjacl being pretty good with west ham, and i agree with him, i tend to pick slight underdog teams,

instead of picking a chelsea, united, arsenal, real madrid, barca, inter, A.C or any other 5-4 star team in the game i would pick a 3 star team with my favourite being the team i support, newcastle

i regularly beat players who use 5 star teams with my 3 star newcastle. i have to work a little harder but i enjoy the game more for that.

how and ever anyone who says that long range goals from 1-3 Star teams is no skill clearly just plays with 5 star teams.

When the players dont have the power, accuracy or pace or technique, its hard to work some free space, hit the ball at pace and beat a keeper to a free area in the goals.

Personally my favourite type of goals arnt the long range goals, i like to score a lot of volleys or half volleys from lob through balls where i catch a defense wanting with a killer pass, thats my idea of a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

KdjaCL, love the personalised advertising boards! NIVEA for Men.... :D

Advertisement