Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC World

• 09-09-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

hey guys, sorry if this is already posted somewhere but could anyone tell me what i need to get BBC WORLD . ie , just a basic sattilite and box, is it free to air? where should i go and who should i talk too? i have sky digital but i really want bbc world.

any advice please. im in Limerick.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

BBC world is Free To Air on Astra 19.2 East. a standard FTA satellite system will receive it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

cheers for the quick response conax. will any old fta system do? a lidl job like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

it sure will. and you will get a lot of other channels as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

BBC World is only a compliation of bbc channels anyways so if its only for that channel, just stay on 28.2E altogether and get the whole lot of BBCs if your in LK?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

TheDriver wrote:
    BBC World is only a compliation of bbc channels anyways so if its only for that channel, just stay on 28.2E altogether and get the whole lot of BBCs if your in LK?
    I think you're confusing BBC World with BBC Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

BBC World TV is nearly every Satellite EXCEPT 28.2
    The Beeb is not allowed to show it in the UK. Though late night news on Newws24 and BBCWorld may be the same feed.

It could also be the OP has not read sticky and is referring to a "world of BBC Programs" Approx 22 different ones ex regional extras on Sky, but only 2 on the Irish EPG. YOu need to add via other channels.

BBC World Service (radio) no connection with BBC World TV, is on Sky too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Isnt BBC world also available now on the Chorus Cable Digital Lineup....dont find much difference between it and BBC News 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

byte wrote:
    I think you're confusing BBC World with BBC Prime.

Indeed I was confusing the 2 but still think if your in the Astra 2D zone, theres no point as you can get the full compliment instead of the highlights so to speak.

steveon wrote:
    Isnt BBC world also available now on the Chorus Cable Digital Lineup....dont find much difference between it and BBC News 24
    Very different, BBC World has real programs every hour interspersing the news. News24 just has the news. There is maybe 5 hrs where they are the same news overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

BBC4 seems to show BBC World news at some time in the day, but besides that I haven't noticed any similarities between it and the UK BBC channels. Though saying that I've only had it for a week (on Chorus).

• Advertisement
    byte

BBC4 seems to show BBC World news at some time in the day, but besides that I haven't noticed any similarities between it and the UK BBC channels. Though saying that I've only had it for a week (on Chorus).
    I'd say it's Chorus that are running BBC World on the BBC4 channel during the day making use of the slot. BBC4 doesn't open til 7pm every evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

No, just checked their listings - at 7pm every weekday it's "World News Today", which is the same as what's on BBC World at that time. Chorus show nothing on the channel till 7 - just a blank screen with "Channel Off Air" in the EPG.

byte

Yes, you're right. I mistakenly thought you meant during the daytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

ul find it fta on 1w comes in brilliant

But much easier on 13E or 19E, 1W is fairly weak in the Midwest.

Advertisement