Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build components. opinions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I'd change your CPU cooler. Get a thermaltake 120 Extreme, it'll allow you to over clock better. You'll also need to buy a 120mm fan for it, a nice Sythflex should do you right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Everything looks fine I presume your not overclocking this which is why your getting the 3Ghz part otherwise if you are save yourself some money and get a low end part and just overclock it to 3Ghz instead as theres not going to be that big of a difference in games past the 3Ghz mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Skittle wrote:
    I'd change your CPU cooler. Get a thermaltake 120 Extreme, it'll allow you to over clock better. You'll also need to buy a 120mm fan for it, a nice Sythflex should do you right.

It's actually a THERMALRIGHT cooler NOT a Thermaltake cooler.

It is the best you can get at the moment in air coolers.

Have it myself and it is very good.

The zalman would serve you well if you are not going to overclock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

thanks for the input. I dont have any real knowledge of over clocking so its unlikely id bew doing it but i dont spare expense on my builds as i only upgrade/build every 2 to 3 years.

Ill check out the cooler, whats that about 120mm fan, do you mean for it to be on the case near the cpu i presume. the antec case has two in the front one in the back and a top exhaust 200mm. also optional side mounted 120mm fan. Id say thatd be enough cooling. and enough noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No, the thermalrite ultra extreme 120 comes with no fan at all. So you will have to buy a 120mm fan. A scythe S-flex will do you perfect, as it will keep the noise down, and will cool the cpu great. But if your not going to overclock the cpu cooler you are looking at is fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement