Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbulence in flight....your reaction

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

pclancy wrote: »
    ....it still is weird to watch steel bend!!!
    If it makes you happier there's no fear of it , the skin on the body is about as thick as a few beermats , usually aluminim alloy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Has the composit skins and surfaces in the dreamliner the same or better strengh then aluminium?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Never did mind it, up until a couple years ago. I remember a flight home from Boston last year, and being rigid with fear for 6 or so hours. The journey wasnt particulary bad, but irrationality had definitely taken over. Every single sound or movement out of the ordinary and my heart rate jumped up. After landing in EINN I was absolutely exhausted. Jesus, I wouldnt wish it on anyone :(.

But I think im getting over it now. I know a couple of commercial pilots who have done their best to put my mind at ease. Its all perfectly normal and the aircraft really can take a hammering.

Advertisement