Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie GJP Headsup League Fixtures/Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

White Knight still havent got a reply. I'm going into CHL to play the 70+5 DC but depending how I get on I might be back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

DeVore wrote: »
    Flushey, not sure if you have my mobile but if you need anything up here let me know and I'll write it for you.

Luckylucky... things are a bit nuts for me with SSF but this week will be better then next week. I think you have my MSN, right?

My reading of it is that Daithio and I are on 18 points each and that first and second are now locked up for us both.

If I win my last game then it doesnt matter what Dave does, I'll win and he will come second due to having beaten everyone else but having lost the game to me.

If we both lose our last games then I'll win and he'll come second due to having beaten him in our game.

If I lose and he wins then he will win due to having more points :)

Third is such a mess it hurts my head to work it out. Both Dave and my last games are with people seeking third afaics so all parties have something to play for! (its probably too much to try and play these simultaneously!)

DeV.

Nope you got it wrong I'm fairly sure. I'm totally out of the running for the money finishes now. Jackyback I'm pretty sure has a lock on 3rd no matter what the results in Daithio and your last game due to the fact that he already beat both me and rag2gar. So basically your match with me can only impact on whether you finish 1st or 2nd, Daithio has a very tough last match with rag2gar. so defo you are firm fav now as Daithio needs two results to go his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

DeadParrot wrote: »
    so are we in a battle for 2nd then?

Yep. Winner of our game takes second unless Van Dice manages to blow it - and he'd have to lose both his remaining games for me to have a chance of winning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Still no word from the two I have left to play - Sumoward and Beanian.
    I think Beanian has a chance of a money finish :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

luckylucky wrote: »
    Nope you got it wrong I'm fairly sure. I'm totally out of the running for the money finishes now. Jackyback I'm pretty sure has a lock on 3rd no matter what the results in Daithio and your last game due to the fact that he already beat both me and rag2gar. So basically your match with me can only impact on whether you finish 1st or 2nd, Daithio has a very tough last match with rag2gar. so defo you are firm fav now as Daithio needs two results to go his way.
    Yes, it seems that way now that I look at it. Still, I'm sure I'll get no quarter, nor ask for any.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Yes, it seems that way now that I look at it. Still, I'm sure I'll get no quarter, nor ask for any.

DeV.

Nope, you won't, be unfair on Daithio at this stage if I did so, but I think the same goes for rag2gar when he plays Daithio, he'll be a very tough last opponent.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Rag2gar has denied me a Boards Headup Championship already and beat me in this league too... so he owes me a favour lol!

I'm looking forward to playing our game for the sheer fun of it as well, the whole Serie has been a huge amount of fun for me and I learned a lot during it too (mostly how to hit draws against Daithio :) )

Best fun I've had playing poker this year outside of a couple of big festivals! (I guess it helps with things are going your way!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Rag2gar has denied me a Boards Headup Championship already and beat me in this league too... so he owes me a favour lol!

I'm looking forward to playing our game for the sheer fun of it as well, the whole Serie has been a huge amount of fun for me and I learned a lot during it too (mostly how to hit draws against Daithio :) )

Best fun I've had playing poker this year outside of a couple of big festivals! (I guess it helps with things are going your way!)

DeV.

Some of the games were very drawn out for me but I can safely say that it is the most I have enjoyed playing online in a long time.....A couple of better results would have been nice but I only have myself to blame for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

I'm around all day White Knight if your available to play....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

luckylucky 1 ocallagh 0

we went with one $200 (extra chips) game because our result doesn't really matter. I lost a huge one early on which left me in trouble. I'm interested to see what he had:) I nearly made a big call with ace high, because it really looked like I was bluffing which could easily have meant he didn't have that great a hand either... I then spent an eternity with 3:1 chip disadvantage. I clawed back to nearly even after winning a flip, but then lost a big pot when I floated a flop bet, check check turn with intention to bluff river which backfired because he caught the river:) altho, i fear he would have called me with K high. He then had a 4:1 CL, and with blinds at 50-100 we got it in my A7 v 77 which held up.

gg Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Flushey, not sure if you have my mobile but if you need anything up here let me know and I'll write it for you.

Luckylucky... things are a bit nuts for me with SSF but this week will be better then next week. I think you have my MSN, right?

My reading of it is that Daithio and I are on 18 points each and that first and second are now locked up for us both.

If I win my last game then it doesnt matter what Dave does, I'll win and he will come second due to having beaten everyone else but having lost the game to me.

If we both lose our last games then I'll win and he'll come second due to having beaten him in our game.

If I lose and he wins then he will win due to having more points :)

Third is such a mess it hurts my head to work it out. Both Dave and my last games are with people seeking third afaics so all parties have something to play for! (its probably too much to try and play these simultaneously!)

DeV.

Cheers Tom..

I have my files and that saved in my documents on my home pc so theyre not really any good to me at the moment. I cant upload from work, use imageshack etc,,I;m finished at 8 tonight and not back in work til Monday so i'll try pop into an internet cafe if i'm not back online over the next couple of days to update.

I dont have your mobile by the way. If i need a bit of help i'll send a txt to Shortstack and get your number from him

ocallagh wrote: »
    luckylucky 1 ocallagh 0

we went with one $200 (extra chips) game because our result doesn't really matter. I lost a huge one early on which left me in trouble. I'm interested to see what he had:) I nearly made a big call with ace high, because it really looked like I was bluffing which could easily have meant he didn't have that great a hand either... I then spent an eternity with 3:1 chip disadvantage. I clawed back to nearly even after winning a flip, but then lost a big pot when I floated a flop bet, check check turn with intention to bluff river which backfired because he caught the river:) He had a 4:1 CL, and with blinds at 50-100 we got it in my A7 v 77 which held up.

gg Barry

Good game Niall, I was very card dead early on, but the big early 3 barrell (bluff :D) kept me in it, then I think it was ocallagh's turn to go card dead while I was picking up nice hands(preflop at least).

DeV.

Yeah great fun alright, i hope it runs again, there's a few of us also rans who'd like another crack at it ;). once again thx to flushdraw for running it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Shuffles I'm on now but I need a PM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shuffles

TommyGunne wrote: »
    Shuffles I'm on now but I need a PM!

keep on missing you, am around all night tonight to clear it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

White Knight 2 Russh 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Still no word from the two I have left to play - Sumoward and Beanian.
    I think Beanian has a chance of a money finish :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eamonzo

babymaker and dvdfan, I'm around again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Valor I believe we are due to play if your around?

Shuffles???
    Check your PMs

• Advertisement

Shuffles???
    Check your PMs

apologies was on till around half eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

eamonzo wrote: »
    babymaker and dvdfan, let me know when you can play. I'm available this evening and tomorrow evening.

Sorry i wasnt available last 2 days, ive pm'd you and ill be around all day so i left my email in your pm, give us a shout if your around

Shuffles wrote: »
    apologies was on till around half eleven.

OK we have to play this today so PM me when your around or post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

not in any of the leagues but wudnt mind some heads up practice

If you are on now I'll give you a game. I'm playing white knight tonight by the way tony.

i'll pm you my msn

OK we have to play this today so PM me when your around or post here.

antime after half 7 tonight ill defo be on. ill pm you then..

tommy gunne you were logged on when i pm'd ..... no sign of you now.

are we going to get it finished?

White Knight im free whenever you get on

Shuffles wrote: »
    tommy gunne you were logged on when i pm'd ..... no sign of you now.

are we going to get it finished?

Really sorry bout that. Im back on now.

• Advertisement

Tommygunne 2:0 Shuffles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement