Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie GJP Headsup League Fixtures/Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

too tired to do anything now..gonna do it tomorrow. if a game is played between now and then fine but no official extension

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

the spirit of christmas is alive within you sir :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Well done to all who competed and especially those who have made the money. All your prizes will be paid into your accounts at some point on Monday.

When I get the official results from Tony I will post them up on the site.

Trophies will be sorted and engraved. I will arrange a presentation/beers night during the first couple of weeks of the new year at a time/date/place to suit the trophy winners.

OK theres 6 games left to be played across the league. All games have an impact on who finishes near the top and near the bottom so if they are not played by tonight, its game over once and for all. Less than 12 hours to finish these games so get your finger out....

ROUND 11 ………………………....... ………………………… WINNER
    JACKYBACK …v… PPPSPECIAL ………………………… JACKYBACK
    BOOGEYMAN ...v... MRPILLOWTALK ………………………… no winner
    CARFAX ...v...OCALLAGH …………………………
    NOWICHFANROB ...v... VALOR …………………………
    LUCKYLUCKY ...v... DEVORE ………………………… DEVORE
    RAG2GAR …v… DAITHIO …………………………

ROUND 11 …………………………………........………………………… WINNER
    MRPLOUGH …v… BOTTOMFEEDER ………………………… BOTTOMFEEDER
    5STARPOOL …v… FLUSHDRAW ………………………… FLUSHDRAW
    SHORTSTACK …v… SHOUTMAN ………………………… SHOUTMAN
    GKENNY …v… IMPOSTER ………………………… GKENNY
    CONNIE147 …v… RUSSH ………………………… RUSSH
    ELSTUNTMAN …v… WHITEKNIGHT …………………………

ROUND 15 …………………………… ………………………… WINNER
    GREYABBEY …v… FABSOUL ………………………… FABSOUL
    DEADPARROT …v… HICLOY …………………………
    SHUFFLES …v… DAVIDMICHAEL …………………………
    THEALLAD …v… SUMOWARD ………………………… THEALLAD
    TOMMYGUNNE …v… EAMONZO ………………………… TOMMYGUNNE
    BOHSMAN …v… DVDFAN ………………………… DVDFAN
    BEANIAN …v… STREWELPETER ………………………… STREWELPETER
    VANDICE …v… BABYMAKER6 ………………………… VANDICE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Since this thing is nearly over and I think it was a success in the end even though it took a while to get going and there was lots of teething probs.

So the question is, are we going to have a 2nd installment? Also Tony if you need a hand with running it again, myself and I'm sure a few others would be glad to help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

luckylucky wrote: »
    Since this thing is nearly over and I think it was a success in the end even though it took a while to get going and there was lots of teething probs.

So the question is, are we going to have a 2nd installment? Also Tony if you need a hand with running it again, myself and I'm sure a few others would be glad to help.

Yeah i would like a reinstallment, however the guys that did not bother their bollox should not be allowed reenter. I would gladly donate some time to help Tony out with this, you could have a moderator of some sort coordinating each league to keep things moving along and updating results.

Yeah i would like a reinstallment, however the guys that did not bother their bollox should not be allowed reenter. I would gladly donate some time to help Tony out with this, you could have a moderator of some sort coordinating each league to keep things moving along and updating results.

Was thinking the same thing, have 1 moderator per league. Perhaps reduce the size of each league so it's more manageable.

I think a deposit should be paid, which you only get back if you play all your matches (or perhaps all matches should be prepaid for), though I think if this is the case people should be given a fair bit of leeway before they would lose their deposit.

Van Dice, you wanna do this sometime this afternoon?
    Got the work do tonight but should be around until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote: »
    OK theres 6 games left to be played across the league. All games have an impact on who finishes near the top and near the bottom so if they are not played by tonight, its game over once and for all. Less than 12 hours to finish these games so get your finger out....

CARFAX ...v...OCALLAGH …………………………
    NOWICHFANROB ...v... VALOR …………………………
    RAG2GAR …v… DAITHIO …………………………

DEADPARROT …v… HICLOY …………………………
    SHUFFLES …v… DAVIDMICHAEL …………………………

[brag] Tony am I right in saying that I won league B, and I am officially de best PLAYER from that division. Ohhhh well I’ll just have to move up levels lol :p

Again Tony fair play to ya sticking with this as I know it took up so much of your time, BRAVO!!

Cheers lads but i'd no idea if i will run it again. Someone else is welcome to take over it i dont do it. If i was to run it again, i wouldnt leave the flexibility open as much as i did for this time. It was just taken advantage of and dragged on forever. It was a shame tough because i had visions of this going on for a couple of years with leagues and numbers increasing rather than decreasing.

If it was to go again...each ficture would be taken on its own merit. i.e. week1 has to be played within 7 days and if its not, walkovers or void results would be given...no ifs, buts or maybes..

I'll see after Christmas but those that didnt play or pulled out wont be invited back and yes Wes you are bestest in the league :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

YOU UNGRATEFUL LOT.
    not 1 nomination for poster of the year, the man sweat blood for yiz in the league, also posts up threads (ie quack quack) that cause nits and knitwits , donks, maths goons, and physic soul searchers to lock antlers (christmas touch there) and debate the mootest of points.

I think Green Joker should give him a free buy in into some tourny .

YULETIRED wrote: »

YOU UNGRATEFUL LOT.
    not 1 nomination for poster of the year, the man sweat blood for yiz in the league, also posts up threads (ie quack quack) that cause nits and knitwits , donks, maths goons, and physic soul searchers to lock antlers (christmas touch there) and debate the mootest of points.

I think Green Joker should give him a free buy in into some tourny .

haha cheers Willie! far from poster of the year! I just dont mind mixing it with those mathsy people and putting myself up there to be shot down, its all part of the fun :) My postcount has gone through the roof over the last 6 months though!!

Ho ho ho Merry Christmas!

Van Dice, Van Dice
    Where art thou Van Dice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Van Dice, Van Dice
    Where art thou Van Dice?

Methinks 'tis Hi Cloy thou should seek

Alas fair HiCloy
    Methinks thine words are true :o

In the spirit of christmas and because I dont think this match up is gonna happen, I propose a 2nd/3rd chop.....whadya think Tony / HiCloy?

DeadParrot wrote: »
    In the spirit of christmas and because I dont think this match up is gonna happen, I propose a 2nd/3rd chop.....whadya think Tony / HiCloy?

Yeah thats fine by me. Prize money is currently $390/$210 so a $300/$300 seems fair because i'd only be doing a virtual flip for you. Can we get HiCloy to agree? This match CANT be played at a later date.

Ok folks,

I've decided to award all remaining matches that werent played as a draw (with neither player receiving any points). Most of those games have no impact on the leagues so a lot of players didnt bother playing them. I'm in 1 tricky spot though. If i award El S v White Knights game as a draw, it means i finish 3rd in the league and this could be seen by some people as doing it to suit myself. Although those that know me and the effort i put in will know its BS.

What i'm going to do for that game is to jump in a low $ sit and go on GJP and let the cards decide the winner. For the purpose of this "virtual flip" El S will be "SPADES" and White Knight will be "DIAMONDS". I'm going to count how many of each suit appear on the flop for the 1st 2 levels of the STT and whichever players designated suit appears the most will be the winner. OK dont know how many of you go that but i'll let you know when i'm in a STT incase anyone wants to watch and see the outcome.

Although i've not heard from HiCloy, i've gone with DeadParrots idea of chopping up 2nd/3rd place for $300 a piece rather than decide their game over a flip. That option isnt viable for the El S v WK game.

I'll post up final tables/prize money once i finalise all the results

CARFAX ...v...OCALLAGH …………………........……… no winner
    NOWICHFANROB ...v... VALOR.........………………………… no winner
    RAG2GAR …v… DAITHIO ……………………….....………… no winner

DEADPARROT …v… HICLOY …………………………………… no winner
    SHUFFLES …v… DAVIDMICHAEL ……………………………… no winner

Reg'd for turbo Kalmar STT...sn Flushdraw88

1st flop - EL S - 0.............WK - 1
    2nd flop - EL S - 0............WK - 1 (no change)
    3rd flop - EL S - 1.............WK - 2
    4th flop - EL S - 2.............WK - 3

end of 1st level

5th flop - EL S - 3...............WK - 4
    6th flop - EL S - 3...............WK - 4 end of level and match.

Match awarded to WK by virtual flips..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Yeah thats fine by me. Prize money is currently $390/$210 so a $300/$300 seems fair because i'd only be doing a virtual flip for you. Can we get HiCloy to agree? This match CANT be played at a later date.

Just seen this now, fine with me, cheers.

• Advertisement

Ok folks, after long few months with lots of stops and starts, the league is finally over. I want to congratulate DeVore, BottomFeeder and VanDice for clinching the Serie A, B and C leagues respectively. All will receive an engraved trophy courtesy of the lads at GJP and will also receive prize money into their accounts sometime on Monday.

Just want to say thanks for all the effort the majority of players have put in to make this idea some sort of a success. I appreciate all the messages of thanks and support i received from fellow boardsies. Not sure if i will run another season of the league. It took up a lot more of my time than i imagined and sometimes i felt a bit like Hitler barking down the orders!!

Just say congrats to all that played and wish you all a Happy Christmas :)

Serie A

1st - DeVore - $1600
    2nd - Daithio - $900
    3rd - Jackyback - $500

Serie B

1st - Bottom Feeder - $830
    2nd - Russh - $470
    3rd - Flushdraw - $160**
    4th - El Stuntman - $100**

Serie C

1st - VanDice - $735
    2nd - HiCloy - $300
    2nd - DeadParrot - $300
    4th - Eamonzo - $105

**Going to offer El Stuntman a $100 handshake. Dont like getting 3rd spot the way i did so i'll take $160 and give Glynn $100. Mike can you put the money through this way please..tis Christmas afterall! I've send details by mail to put up on the site.

http://www.greenjokerpoker.com/boards_hu.htm#leagues

my.php?image=hufinalstandingsxx8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

Flushdraw, really appreciate how much work you put into this over the last few weeks, from arranging the groups and fixtures, to updating the tables and posting LOTS of reminders!! I plan to play a fair bit live in January so I'll make sure to say hello and buy you a couple of pints :) Well done to the other players who cashed too.

Personally I enjoyed it a lot, was nice to play games for fun and of a decent standard. A little surprised at the number of defections, but I suppose enthusiasm for anything wanes as it goes on.

If there is to be another league, you can put my name towards the top of the list.

Happy Christmas all

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eamonzo

Van Dice wrote: »
    Flushdraw, really appreciate how much work you put into this over the last few weeks, from arranging the groups and fixtures, to updating the tables and posting LOTS of reminders!! /QUOTE]

Seconded

Thanks a million FlushDraw for putting this together, even if it wasnt as enjoyable as it should have been, especially for you!

Haaaaaaaappy Christmas everybody!

thirded, great job Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PokerChild

eamonzo wrote: »
    Van Dice wrote: »
    Flushdraw, really appreciate how much work you put into this over the last few weeks, from arranging the groups and fixtures, to updating the tables and posting LOTS of reminders!! /QUOTE]

Seconded

Thanks a million FlushDraw for putting this together, even if it wasnt as enjoyable as it should have been, especially for you!

Haaaaaaaappy Christmas everybody!

Agreed. Please PM me your GJP details so I can transfer that $5 I owe you.

thanks!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cracking job Flushey. You are a saint! I agree that next time we have one person to over see each league with Flushey taking Serie A and over seeing the other organisers? Spread the stress and it will be a lot more manageable, also we can take a hostage of cash which is forfeit if they bail out on us...

I'm well chuffed to have won Serie A (thanks to Mike for putting me in there, thinking it was funny to cost me 250 notes :p:p). I'd like a big ruby ring instead of a trophy and a crown and a red velvet cloak please. k thx!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eamonzo

PokerChild wrote: »
    eamonzo wrote: »

Agreed. Please PM me your GJP details so I can transfer that $5 I owe you.

thanks!

Me or Van dice?

congrats to all.
    Well done Tony on running the league.
    A super contribution to the forum.

DeVore wrote: »
    Cracking job Flushey. You are a saint! I agree that next time we have one person to over see each league with Flushey taking Serie A and over seeing the other organisers? Spread the stress and it will be a lot more manageable, also we can take a hostage of cash which is forfeit if they bail out on us...

I'm well chuffed to have won Serie A (thanks to Mike for putting me in there, thinking it was funny to cost me 250 notes :p:p). I'd like a big ruby ring instead of a trophy and a crown and a red velvet cloak please. k thx!

DeV.

Well done Dev once again. I have to say everyone in Serie A that i chatted to were bang on, twas good fun and would like to do it again, especially as the rub of the green didnt hit me in some key matches(not sour grapes, honest ;) ).

Anyways as your feeling flush now, I think a bit of financial inducement or other sort of kickback vis-a vis Flushdraw from GJP would help a lot in procuring his valued services for the second installment. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Indeed... after all its only fair to leave a tip!

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement