Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie GJP Headsup League Fixtures/Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

DeVore wrote: »
    Indeed... after all its only fair to leave a tip!

DeV.

LOL dont be ridiculous Tom....saw PM before i saw this!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nothing ridiculous about it! Its a great analogy! :p

DeV.

Folks,

I havent received my prize money from GJP. I know Eamonzo hasnt either (what you got was from the xmas cash race btw.

Can people let me know whether or not they receive prize money. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Folks,

I havent received my prize money from GJP. I know Eamonzo hasnt either (what you got was from the xmas cash race btw.

I got mine super pronto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

I haven't received any prize money either Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Got mine on Friday.

ullu wrote: »
    Got mine on Friday.

???? Hmmmm i dont remember you being in the HU league...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

All prize monies should be credited today. Apologies for the delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

All monies should be in your accounts now!

Shortstack wrote: »

Cheers Mike. I'm in work so cant check until tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cheers Mike. I'm in work so cant check until tonight

some pain working today. Fortunately Im able to play poker, as there are no bosses in. So not too bad! In a bitchy cnut of a way Im glad someone else is in too. What time ya finished Tony?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Shortstack wrote: »

Got mine...good mine Mike.
    Some serious spin up needed now
    Turn off the doom switch pls ;)

Oh and as luck would have it Im in work too

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Oh and as luck would have it Im in work too

Isnt it just wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

I got mine too, cheers

KevIRL wrote: »
    some pain working today. Fortunately Im able to play poker, as there are no bosses in. So not too bad! In a bitchy cnut of a way Im glad someone else is in too. What time ya finished Tony?

LOL damn you!!

I'm in 730am til 9pm today, tomorrow and Saturday. After that, the warehouse is changing to 7-3 / 3-11 5 day week shifts...load of cock coz i quite like the shift i've been doing for the last 2 years.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

LOL damn you!!

I'm in 730am til 9pm today, tomorrow and Saturday. After that, the warehouse is changing to 7-3 / 3-11 5 day week shifts...load of cock coz i quite like the shift i've been doing for the last 2 years.

Work... what a quaint idea...

Hate me at will.

DeV.

LOL damn you!!

Ouch. Im after gettin quite comfortable with my 8-4.30 Mon-Fri over the past year (after 6 years of shiftwork and weekends).

Doin okay in the poker today, not playin any sort of highstakes, $5 SnG's and gone deep in a $10 MTT. $120 up. Not bad for a day of arsing about in work! :D

Unlucky with the shift change.

If it helps byw, I'll be here tomorrrow as well (doin the same thing tho ;))

DeVore wrote: »
    Work... what a quaint idea...

Hate me at will.

DeV.

My hatred knows no bounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eamonzo

Folks,

Ah I was was wondering what the xmas race was, didn't even realize I was in a race!

Got mine today, cheers Tony and Shortstack :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

???? Hmmmm i dont remember you being in the HU league...

I was referring to the main cash race, apologies for the mix up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

dvdfan wrote: »
    I got mine super pronto

Doh, i taught people were on about the GJP rakerace, unfortunately i didnt cash in this one at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

received mine earlier cheers mike, might try a 2/4 plo spin up later:p

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Haven't been on here much lately...received all monies, cheers GJP...

Again just want to thank Tony for all the hard work he put into this...Well done....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

hey, im not sure if this is still going on. ive been off boards for months, and i would read it more but there are 77 pages..
    i should be getting the internet at the end of next january, not for sure yet, but if i do get it i'm definately up for this... if there are still places in lower leagues and all that

someone pm me please :)

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Is there any need to have this thread stickied any more??

Is the league over?
    Is there another one starting??
    Will that want a new sticky??

I haven't been following the thread so can anyone fill me in on what's happening, cheers.

Anyone care to PM me or post here so I can clear up some space at the top of the forum, we have a hella lot of stickies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Ste05 wrote: »
    Is there any need to have this thread stickied any more??

Is the league over?
    Is there another one starting??
    Will that want a new sticky??

I haven't been following the thread so can anyone fill me in on what's happening, cheers.

Anyone care to PM me or post here so I can clear up some space at the top of the forum, we have a hella lot of stickies...

I believe it's over Ste.

As for whether there will be another one that seems to be under consideration. No need for this thread to remain stickfied in any event I'd say.

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I believe it's over Ste.

As for whether there will be another one that seems to be under consideration. No need for this thread to remain stickfied in any event I'd say.

You can unsticky this. If it runs again, it will be a new thread and wont be a continuation of this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Cool, thanks lads.

Destickied

• Advertisement

Ok folks, after long few months with lots of stops and starts, the league is finally over. I want to congratulate DeVore, BottomFeeder and VanDice for clinching the Serie A, B and C leagues respectively. All will receive an engraved trophy courtesy of the lads at GJP and will also receive prize money into their accounts sometime on Monday.

Just want to say thanks for all the effort the majority of players have put in to make this idea some sort of a success. I appreciate all the messages of thanks and support i received from fellow boardsies. Not sure if i will run another season of the league. It took up a lot more of my time than i imagined and sometimes i felt a bit like Hitler barking down the orders!!

Just say congrats to all that played and wish you all a Happy Christmas :)

Serie A

1st - DeVore - $1600
    2nd - Daithio - $900
    3rd - Jackyback - $500

Serie B

1st - Bottom Feeder - $830
    2nd - Russh - $470
    3rd - Flushdraw - $160**
    4th - El Stuntman - $100**

Serie C

1st - VanDice - $735
    2nd - HiCloy - $300
    2nd - DeadParrot - $300
    4th - Eamonzo - $105

**Going to offer El Stuntman a $100 handshake. Dont like getting 3rd spot the way i did so i'll take $160 and give Glynn $100. Mike can you put the money through this way please..tis Christmas afterall! I've send details by mail to put up on the site.

http://www.greenjokerpoker.com/boards_hu.htm#leagues

my.php?image=hufinalstandingsxx8.png

Just wondering if there's any interest in a second series of the Boards HeadsUp League? Was good craic for the community and kept people interested over the course of a few months and i think i'll run it again.

Will need to hook up with a poker site, revisit the rules and regulations and look at ways to improve it from the previous attempt so it wont be kicking off for a little time yet. Just want to get an idea and see if its worth the hassle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement