Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Cena

• 10-09-2007 2:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭

good?bad?why?discuss....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

[chant]
    Same old ****!
    Same old ****!
    Same old ****!
    Same old ****!
    [/chant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

John Cena is decent, on the point of good.
    John Cena is both overated and underated. Weird dont ya think?
    Cena is a legit main eventer.
    He should be heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

John Cena has been the shining light for the WWE in a very dark year for the company.

On the big main events of 2007 he has consistently delivered quality performances and he deserves a lot of credit for not letting criticism or indeed his ego get the best of him.

So basically Cena rules and no to a heel turn!

Well it has been a very dark year in the WWE and lets face it any light will do, Cena light , well there is a spark there anyway. Khali has got it too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's generally delivered in the main events and if a list is made of some of the best matches of the year in WWE, he'd be in alot of them.

Plus if you look at the amount of injuries and suspensions the WWE have had, the one guy that they really can't do without is Cena. He's their cash cow.

In saying that, I'm getting a little tired of him being champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

In the immortal words of TNA fans to Jeff Jarrett:
    "DROP THE TITLE!!"

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

"DROP THE TITLE!!"

VR!

What makes those words immortal?

The fact that you have to question it :P
    VR!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Like him or hate him, you have to respect him. He carried the WWE for 18 months, had some excellent feuds/matches where many said he couldn't. He too the boos on the chin, and has certainly improved as a wrestler.

His match against Orton at SS was a match of the year candidate.

I'd like to see him as a heel again at some stage, but face Cena=$$$. The kids can't stop buying his stuff.

FutureGuy wrote:
    Like him or hate him, you have to respect him. He carried the WWE for 18 months, had some excellent feuds/matches where many said he couldn't. He too the boos on the chin, and has certainly improved as a wrestler.

His match against Orton at SS was a match of the year candidate.

I'd like to see him as a heel again at some stage, but face Cena=$$$. The kids can't stop buying his stuff.

I agree with everything there with the exception of him carrying the entire promotion for 18 months. He busted his ass off, thats not in question but he certainly didn't carry the WWE by himself for 18 months. He can share that with Edge, Orton, HBK and HHH as far as the RAW brand is concerned.

And yes i know two of those are on the injured list currently, but you did say 18 months ;)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

"DROP THE TITLE!!"

VR!

to who?? Val Venis, Jim Duggan, the Coach, Jerry lawler; i really am struggling now to think of any more Raw SUPERSTARS worthy of a title run :D

] He can share that with Edge, Orton, HBK and HHH as far as the RAW brand is concerned.

And yes i know two of those are on the injured list currently, but you did say 18 months ;)

VR!

Edge v Orton didn't carry Raw. HBK and HHH didn't carry Raw. It was John Cena vs (insert name here) that carried Raw.

That isn't to say that I don't think the aforementioned superstars didn't work their butts off too, but if it weren't for Cena, Raw but have been in a terrible state.

rossie1977 wrote:
    to who?? Val Venis, Jim Duggan, the Coach, Jerry lawler; i really am struggling now to think of any more Raw SUPERSTARS worthy of a title run :D

Totally agree!

rossie1977 wrote:

There were two months ago, trust me, it was getting boring then too! ;)
    VR!

FutureGuy wrote:
    Edge v Orton didn't carry Raw. HBK and HHH didn't carry Raw. It was John Cena vs (insert name here) that carried Raw.

Thats exactly my point, Cena didn't do it on his own, he shared it with others to help carry Raw.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Cena's great these days. I couldn't stand him last year but now that he doesn't have the same old repetitive matches every week I've really come round to liking him. I've said it before, he deserves all the credit in the world for getting good matches out of Lashley and Khali. Having watched those two guys enough times, it's obvious that it takes someone special to bring them to a good match, and Cena delivered

He makes WWE a ton of money too, even with all the people who still want to boo him. They're buying tickets to boo him, but they're still buying tickets regardless, so it's all good for WWE!

His title reign is starting to drag a bit at this stage, I'd like to see Orton win it soon as he's had a great year as well. Only other downside to Cena at the moment are some of his promos, they can be kinda childish at times. Oh, and the face he makes during the STFU is always terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

rossie1977 wrote:

The answer is simple, Randy Orton. I know it may not be popular considering he's involved in this on-line steroid thing, but for all we know that's from ages ago, he certainly isn't showing signs of doing steroids now. Here's hoping at Unforgiven Cena is dethroned! Although I don't mind just once the match is as good as the one at Summerslam.

cena hasn't totally carried raw for the last year or so; but its as close as you are ever going to get imo having one guy carry a brand nearly on his own.

The cena marks watch raw obviously to see cena kick ass and talk black and do that stupid waving his hand thing he does :mad:, the smarks and cena haters watch raw and WWE PPVs in the hope that cena will be beat and drop the title

take the title from cena and then whats left?? Well alot of the Cena marks will probably turn off, and the Cena haters too maybe.

orton SHOULD NOT get the title anytime soon. The guy is a walking timebomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I've always liked Cena and its pretty clear that most people here like him too. Why does he still get booed? Really badly? I think he's looking like a hall of famer one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

forbesii wrote:
    I've always liked Cena and its pretty clear that most people here like him too. Why does he still get booed? Really badly? .

I think it's alot of things. Number 1, fans like to boo and when they see a hardcore minority do it, people join in to be "cool".

Secondly, the guys delivery on the mic is great but some of the material he's had to work with has been terrible at times. He must call somebody gay every second show and its the type of thing that kids would get into but guys 18-34 would get tired pretty quickly of.

He has a character that is attractive to kids more so than their older audience and I guess you can see that in the types of people that go to the house shows now. Alot more now are kids and their parents more so than young adult males.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

I think it's alot of things. Number 1, fans like to boo and when they see a hardcore minority do it, people join in to be "cool".

Secondly, the guys delivery on the mic is great but some of the material he's had to work with has been terrible at times. He must call somebody gay every second show and its the type of thing that kids would get into but guys 18-34 would get tired pretty quickly of.

He has a character that is attractive to kids more so than their older audience and I guess you can see that in the types of people that go to the house shows now. Alot more now are kids and their parents more so than young adult males.

Exactly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

:eek: WOW! :eek:

Just wow! :eek:

I never thought I would see this much praise of John Cena! But praise where praise is due, he has had a fantastic year. He needs to drop the title though! Vince has to realise it sooner or later (hopefully at Unforgiven).

Advertisement