Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2007-2008 NHL Season thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Pens fans aren't too far behind them. Its getting to the stage where I can almost call each Pens game before it happens. Before last night (and after it, I'm sure), they had given up more shots this season than any other team in the NHL. And somehow they sat atop the East. Punching above their weight big-time at the moment, three great forwards and one great D do not a-good-team-make.

As for the Bruins. WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Bruins took a huge beating a few games in a row, but are still 6-2-2 in their last ten games.

The Bruins took a huge beating a few games in a row, but are still 6-2-2 in their last ten games.

Thats what I mean, how can you go from six wins on the trot to losing 10-2 and 8-2 against "average at best" sides?

The headline on the NHL site the afternoon before the Capitals game was "Good Times Are Bruin For Boston". Must have cursed them because trouble is "Bruin" now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

The inconsitstency of many teams this year has made things very interesting. TheFlames have been teetering in 8th or 9th spot in the conference a few times, only to push up to the division lead the following week.

Detroit has even gone to put during certain periods.
    No one is safe. :eek:

The inconsitstency of many teams this year has made things very interesting. TheFlames have been teetering in 8th or 9th spot in the conference a few times, only to push up to the division lead the following week.

Detroit has even gone to put during certain periods.
    No one is safe. :eek:

Aucoin is still killing my Blackhawks coughing the puck up in overtime, and then JP Dumont (another former Blackhawk) pots the winner for Nashville.

• Advertisement

I'm off to the Flames - St Louis game tonight.

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!

First place in sight.

NHL: Rangers might be Yankee Stadium's farewell game
    NEW YORK (AFP) — Yankee Stadium, the historic 85-year-old home of baseball's legendary New York Yankees, appears set for a rare outdoor National Hockey League game as its farewell event in late 2008 or early 2009.

The New York Daily News reported Monday that a deal is moving closer that would have the "House That Babe Ruth Built" closed with a home game of the New York Rangers, with the Yankees "completely on board" with the idea.

"It's something we've spoken both to the Yankees and to the city about," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told the newspaper. "But it's not a done deal. There are still other possibilities and a lot of moving pieces."

But Chris Chelios, a Detroit Red Wings defenseman, told the Detroit Free Press that he understands the Red Wings will visit the Rangers for the Yankee Stadium closer and that it is a "done deal."

"I heard it's a done deal already, I heard Detroit is playing that game, the last event actually in Yankee Stadium," Chelios said.

"Not just because of the history of Yankee Stadium, but to be able to be a part of the last event ever to be played is going to be something special."

The venue is set to close when the Yankees - 26-time World Series champions - play their final game of the upcoming season at the Bronx sports shrine, with a new stadium for the Yankees set to open next door in 2009.

Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Gene Tunney, Max Schmeling, Ezzard Charles and Sweden's Ingemar Johansson have won heavyweight crowns at Yankee Stadium in title bouts staged there from 1928 to 1976.

Tunney stopped Tom Heeney in the 11th round 80 years ago in the first world heavyweight title fight staged there. Ali captured the most recent back in 1976 when he won a unanimous decision over Ken Norton.

The last fight could be between hockey players, though, as the league and the Yankees could capitalize on the excitement created from the NHL's two prior outdoor games, the most recent on New Year's Day in Buffalo.

NHL and television network officials have visited Yankee Stadium to see what would need to be done to stage the event, the News reported.

The Yankees had been reluctant to stage an outdoor game at the stadium previously, concerned about how laying refrigeration pipes for a temporary ice rink might damage a baseball playing surface.

That would no longer be a factor after October and the NHL would have months to set up the rink for the Rangers, who will open next season with a game against Tampa Bay in the Czech Republic.

In Buffalo, the league had only eight days after the final American football game of the Buffalo Bills to prepare the stadium rink for the NHL Buffalo Sabres to face the Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL's first US outdoor game.

The NHL's first outdoor game was played in Edmonton, Canada, in November of 2003.
    The dream of bringing NHL hockey to Prague, Czech Republic, became a reality today as Prague Mayor Pavel Bem hosted representatives from the New York Rangers, Tampa Bay Lightning and the National Hockey League at the city’s Old Town City Hall. The group officially announced that as part of “NHL Premiere 2008” the Rangers and Lightning will open the 2008-09 NHL regular season with two games against each other Oct. 4th and 5th at the newly-named O2 Arena in Prague. The Pittsburgh Penguins and Ottawa Senators will also open the 2008-09 regular season Oct. 4th and 5th in Europe, with two games in Stockholm, Sweden.

Joining Mayor Bem at today’s ceremony were Glen Sather, president and general manager of the New York Rangers; Ron Campbell, president of the Tampa Bay Lightning; Miroslav Cernosek, owner of NHL Premiere 2008 promoter Ceska Sportovni; and Ken Yaffe, NHL senior vice president/International.

“Thanks to all of the men here, I am pleased to announce that our ice-hockey dreams will come true,” said Mayor Bem. “The Czech Republic is very important hockey country and Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in the World. We are looking forward to high-quality hockey games.”

Mr. Campbell added, “When we learned about this idea for the first time, we were excited. It is something unusual for the club, but it is definitely in the best interest of hockey and the entire NHL.”

The Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings successfully opened the 2007-08 NHL regular season in front of two sellout crowds at O2 Arena in London prompting Mr. Yaffe to say, “Opening the NHL regular season with games in Europe was an experiment we started in London last year and the success we experienced showed us that Ceska Sportovni’s hopes of having games in Prague were something that could be fulfilled. With the number of Czech players in our league, we recognized a very high potential for success in the Czech Republic.”

“Prague and the whole Czech Republic are excited having an opportunity to host one of the most significant sporting events in a history. We can promise to do our best to make this event unforgettable,” added Mr. Cernosek.

Mr. Sather was asked about Kladno, Czech Republic-native and potential free agent Jaromir Jagr playing with the team in his home country next season. Sather responded, “At the end of the season we will have enough opportunities to negotiate the contract with Jaromir. The contract could be automatically extended if one of the stipulations is fulfilled. We hope we will come to an agreement.”

Unable to attend due to a trip to Israel, Czech Republic Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek wanted to be sure to comment on the major sporting event coming to his country. Via video message, the Prime Minister said, “The NHL, with many Czech players, is the most prestigious ice-hockey league in the World. I am very happy we will have such an event in Prague. I will personally cheer for New York Rangers during the first match and for the Tampa Bay Lightning in the second.”

Flights to Sweden: Booked. :D

Anyone see Backstroms winner for the Pens last night? Poor guy.
    I'm off to the Flames - St Louis game tonight.

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!

First place in sight.

Enjoy! Really hope they do it.

Well there you have it, a one timer from the right of the net into the far corner pots Jarome Iginla his 365th career goal as a Flame beating the former record set by Theoren Fleury.

Not only that the Flames win 7-3 to take over forst place in the Northwest division.

I was at the game withtwo of my teenagers and remarkes how I was at the Dome when Lanny McDonald scored his 500th career goal (vs Islanders) and his 1,000 career point (a goalvs. Winnipeg Jets).

I've done not too badly.

Highlight and Iggy's goal can be seen on http://flames.nhl.com/

Enjoy :)

Iginla has been one of my favorite players since he was drafted by Dallas.

I got a chance to see Iggy's first playofff game back in 1995/1996 against the Blackhawks in the United Center.

He is a throwback to what all hockey players should be.

Iginla has been one of my favorite players since he was drafted by Dallas.

Same. My favourite player since I visited Calgary in 98. Well, him and Fleury...

My oh my did they go different directions!

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Same. My favourite player since I visited Calgary in 98. Well, him and Fleury...

My oh my did they go different directions!

Theo has been class through all this leading up to Iggy's goal. Theo has pretty well stayed away from the game for the last few years and runs a concrete coating business in Calgary.

After Iggy scored Theo appeared on the scoreboard congratulating Iggy on his accomplishment. The best part is that Theo is really sincere about his feelings toward Iggy.

Now to the race. 4 on the road, Washington, Atlanta, Chicago (Sunday) and Columbus. Last nine games against: Minnesota, Vancouver, Edmonton and Colorado. It will be quite a finish.

Sorry Mule. :):), he says with a big grin.

Flames did play very well, they seemed to want it more than the Hawks. Kipper was pretty good in the third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Spaceman Spiff

The Flames recent lack of drive is concerning me. They have all the talent they need, but they just need consistency and more of a killer instinct. If they had the same edge that the 04 team had, they would walk to the Cup.

I agree with you spaceman. i was at the game against St Louis and the Flames look like worldbeaters, then losing to Atlanta?

I just hope they get consistent and play their best starting the first week of April.

I agree with you spaceman. i was at the game against St Louis and the Flames look like worldbeaters, then losing to Atlanta?

I just hope they get consistent and play their best starting the first week of April.

Its an annoying problem really. Much like the home-away Jekyll and Hyde act of last year. I keep hearing on the radio that this team 'is veteran when they win, old when they lose.' Hopefully come playoff time the vets will come through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

howya folks.. i'm kinda new to nhl, but i'm catching on quick... since my girlfriend is from Québec, i've taken a shine the the Montreal Canadiens, even to the point where i listen to the games in french... anyway, habs are lookin good as far as i can see, but what i've noticed is that with the amount of games the teams play, form is a lot more changeable than in other sports.. i have yet to catch habs live on tv though, NASN doesn't seem to show them that much, apart from in the On The Fly highlights show. anyway, i guess my question to those more familiar with the sport is, who looks like the form team this year, and what teams would you like to face off in the first playoffs? and ultimately: who do ya fancy for the Stanley Cup?

PS i know a few of you are true to your teams, but i'd ask that you try and be objective about your answers...

i guess my question to those more familiar with the sport is, who looks like the form team this year
    There's so much parity this year its rather hard to say who the on form team is. Detroit will be as good as ever when they get back to full strength, the Habs are getting hot at the right time. San Jose has picked it up recently, but its all wide open.
    and what teams would you like to face off in the first playoffs?

In the East:
    Pittsburgh-Washington (Crosby and Malkin against Ovechkin. It would be amazing)
    Montreal-Boston (always have good playoff rounds)
    Carolina-New Jersey (don't really care for either team, but what can ya do?)
    Ottawa-NY Rangers (should be exciting, even if the Rangers aren't)

In the West
    I'm just going to stick with what the standings are as of now, there aren't really any favorable matchups for anybody.

Detroit-Colorado (hopefully the rivary still exists)
    San Jose-Vancouver (perennial underachievers vs. perennial underachievers)
    Calgary-Minnesota (we play pretty good against them)
    Anaheim-Dallas (I hate both teams, but it should still be a good series)
    and ultimately: who do ya fancy for the Stanley Cup?

I really have no idea. An 8th seed has as much chance as anybody this year, its great.

But gun to my head, Anaheim has all the tools to do it again.

The way this season has gone, I couldn't even hazard a guess. For heaven's sake Edmonton is looking as though they may even squeeze into the playoffs. Even the Leafs?

And if the Flames get hot, who knows? :):)

Overall, Minnesota will be a pain. And maybe Detroit or Montreal comes through.

PS: please pick any one but the Habs as your favourite.

Eastern Conference Standings
     [B][U]Atlantic 	GP 	W 	L 	OTL 	Pts 	GF 	GA 	Home 	Road 	L10[/U][/B]  
     x-Pittsburgh 	77 	44 	26 	7 	95 	236 	208 	23-10-5 	21-16-2 	7-3-0  
     New Jersey 	76 	42 	27 	7 	91 	191 	182 	22-14-2 	20-13-5 	5-4-1  
     NY Rangers 	76 	39 	26 	11 	89 	199 	186 	23-13-2 	16-13-9 	5-2-3  
     Philadelphia 	77 	39 	28 	10 	88 	233 	221 	19-14-6 	20-14-4 	6-2-2  
     NY Islanders 	77 	34 	36 	7 	75 	185 	228 	18-17-3 	16-19-4 	3-7-0  
     [B][U]Northeast 	GP 	W 	L 	OTL 	Pts 	GF 	GA 	Home 	Road 	L10[/U] [/B] 
     x-Montreal 	77 	43 	24 	10 	96 	247 	213 	20-13-6 	23-11-4 	7-2-1  
     Ottawa 	77 	42 	28 	7 	91 	249 	232 	22-13-3 	20-15-4 	5-4-1  
     Boston 	76 	38 	28 	10 	86 	199 	211 	19-15-4 	19-13-6 	3-4-3  
     Buffalo 	76 	35 	30 	11 	81 	238 	228 	19-15-5 	16-15-6 	4-4-2  
     Toronto 	77 	35 	32 	10 	80 	219 	239 	17-16-5 	18-16-5 	6-4-0  
     [B][U]Southeast 	GP 	W 	L 	OTL 	Pts 	GF 	GA 	Home 	Road 	L10 [/U][/B] 
     Carolina 	77 	41 	30 	6 	88 	234 	236 	22-12-4 	19-18-2 	8-1-1  
     Washington 	77 	38 	31 	8 	84 	224 	225 	20-15-3 	18-16-5 	7-3-0  
     Florida 	77 	36 	32 	9 	81 	206 	212 	18-13-8 	18-19-1 	8-1-1  
     Atlanta 	77 	31 	38 	8 	70 	204 	259 	18-18-3 	13-20-5 	2-7-1  
     Tampa Bay 	76 	30 	38 	8 	68 	214 	246 	19-17-2 	11-21-6 	4-5-1

Western Conference Standings
     [B][U]Central 	GP 	W 	L 	OTL 	Pts 	GF 	GA 	Home 	Road 	L10  [/U][/B]
     y-Detroit 	77 	51 	20 	6 	108 	244 	171 	26-9-2 	25-11-4 	8-2-0  
     Nashville 	77 	38 	31 	8 	84 	220 	220 	22-14-4 	16-17-4 	4-6-0  
     Chicago 	77 	36 	33 	8 	80 	220 	221 	20-16-2 	16-17-6 	3-5-2  
     Columbus 	77 	34 	32 	11 	79 	186 	201 	20-12-7 	14-20-4 	4-5-1  
     St. Louis 	76 	30 	34 	12 	72 	186 	222 	19-14-5 	11-20-7 	1-7-2  
     [B][U]Northwest 	GP 	W 	L 	OTL 	Pts 	GF 	GA 	Home 	Road 	L10  [/U][/B]
     Calgary 	77 	40 	27 	10 	90 	215 	213 	21-10-9 	19-17-1 	5-4-1  
     Minnesota 	77 	40 	28 	9 	89 	207 	210 	21-11-5 	19-17-4 	3-3-4  
     Vancouver 	76 	38 	28 	10 	86 	200 	190 	20-12-5 	18-16-5 	6-4-0  
     Colorado 	77 	40 	31 	6 	86 	210 	204 	24-12-2 	16-19-4 	5-5-0  
     Edmonton 	77 	39 	33 	5 	83 	224 	238 	23-16-1 	16-17-4 	8-2-0  
     [B][U]Pacific 	GP 	W 	L 	OTL 	Pts 	GF 	GA 	Home 	Road 	L10 [/U][/B] 
     x-San Jose 	76 	45 	21 	10 	100 	204 	179 	19-13-6 	26-8-4 	8-0-2  
     x-Anaheim 	77 	43 	26 	8 	94 	192 	180 	25-8-4 	18-18-4 	6-3-1  
     Dallas 	76 	42 	29 	5 	89 	221 	191 	22-15-2 	20-14-3 	3-7-0  
     Phoenix 	77 	37 	34 	6 	80 	205 	215 	17-19-4 	20-15-2 	3-6-1  
     Los Angeles 	76 	30 	40 	6 	66 	215 	246 	15-19-3 	15-21-3 	4-4-2

Without meaning to curse it, the Penguins are looking good for their first Division win in a decade. Quite an achievement considering how long they've gone without Crosby, who finally returns tomorrow (for good this time, I hope). Montreal are looking so strong at the moment that I think second place in the East would still be a great achievement. Then its down to the lottery of who the playoffs would throw up.

Flyers would be incredible. Having said that, in match-ups like these it would be very easy for a whole season of work to be thrown out the window with stupid penalties and scrappy, rough games. I'd rather avoid Phillie and have a go at the Bruins. Having said that, if you finish second in the conference you should be going into each game with the right mindset and confidence to beat any team, not cockyness or arrogance. Rangers would also be a great clash, but I'd still prefer to face someone from outside the Atlantic.

The only side outside the top eight in the East at the moment with a good shout of breaking in are the Capitals. Ovechkin won't stop scoring, and if they get into a groove for the next few games they may pull it off. Keep an eye on them.

In the West, I think the 7th - 10th spots are still up for grabs. Any two of the Canucks, Avs, Preds and Oilers could grab the spots, depending on who has the form in the next week or so. The Oilers were beaten tonight and the Avs hammered the Canucks, so its worth keeping an eye on that too. The key will be whoever gets the 7th spot. 8th spot means a date with Lidstrom and the boys, and no team in the league wants that one.

Playoffs start two weeks from yesterday!

• Advertisement

yeah, it'd be a shame if the highest scoring player in the league(this season) was not in the playoffs. my girlfriend gave me a film to watch about a legend of the game for the montreal canadians. anyone know of him? his name is Maurice Richard
    please pick any one but the Habs as your favourite.
    they don't seem to be that popular it seems to me... and i have heard that their fans can be quite passionate at times... but i can't help myself, i'm turning into a habs fan

yeah, it'd be a shame if the highest scoring player in the league(this season) was not in the playoffs. my girlfriend gave me a film to watch about a legend of the game for the montreal canadians. anyone know of him? his name is Maurice Richard

Other than the fact that the trophy for highest goalscorer is named after him, I know very little! "Rocket" was his nickname.

On a similar note, Mr. Hockey turns 80 on Monday. Isn't he due a comeback?

He was the first great goalscorer. It isn't even so much that he scored alot, its how he did it as well. If he wanted to score, he would and there wasn't much anybody could seem to do about it. People keep talking about "you could see the passion in his eyes" and if you look at pictures, you know what they're talking about. He was the first player to score 50 in a season and 500 in a career, both are basically the measure of an effective goalscorer even today.

But his numbers aside, he was a francophone hero in Quebec who helped rejuvinate a franchise and helped save the entire league. Wherever he went people wanted to see him, no player had ever commanded that kind of attention nevermind a French Canadian. What he did helped pave the way for the next generation of great french players of the 70s and early 80s.

There's so much to say about him, unfortunetely there isn't even much youtube stuff on him.

they don't seem to be that popular it seems to me... and i have heard that their fans can be quite passionate at times... but i can't help myself, i'm turning into a habs fan

Oh they're popular, ever since the Nordiques moved to Colorado everybody East of the Ottawa River supports the Habs, and anybody who grew up before the 80s who didn't like the Leafs is a Hab fan (in this country anyway). When the Canadiens come to Calgary or Edmonton or Vancouver, as much as a third of the building are displaced Hab fans. In fact a family friend of ours who has lived in Calgary for almost 30 years now, been a Flames season ticket holder since they came to Calgary in 1980 and a diehard fan, except for when Montreal comes to town.

There is a great piece of Canadiana in the form of a story called 'The Sweater' by Roch Carrier. It is a great read. You can also youtube it and watch the movie.

The story is so good that it quoted on the back of our $5 bill.

I grew up in Toronto in the 60's and 70's and moved to Calgary in 1987. I was a die hard Leaf fan loving guys like Darryl Sittler and Lanny McDonald but after two years in Calgary got to enjoy and celebrate a Stanley Cup victory.

Now I'm a Flames fan, dont mind teh Leafs, but still hate the Habs.

There was someone at the Hitman game on Friday wearing a Hab shirt. It just wrankled me.

The Flames come through last night with a 3-2 win over Edmonton.

The Oilers are eliminated and teh Flames give their fans a couple of days rest from the crummy hockey they played on the weekend.

[code]Eastern Conference Standings

The key will be whoever gets the 7th spot. 8th spot means a date with Lidstrom and the boys, and no team in the league wants that one.

Playoffs start two weeks from yesterday!

Considering we (Blackhawks) are five points out with three games to play (two games against Detroit and one against Nashville). I'd take our chances against the Dead Things in a heartbeat.

We OWNED them when both teams were healthy this season.

We'll see how we match up tonight and again on Sunday.

It is a shame that the playoffs just aren't going to happen this season for this team.

what do you folks reckon about washington? they have a game in hand over the flyers, whose next game is against penguins. can washington get their first 7 game streak since 2001. it certainly would be a nailbiting but exciting time to be a caps fan right now... what are yer thoughts?

The Blackhawks beat Detroit 6-2 last night.

Detroit will be lucky to get out of the first round if they draw Chicago.

Nashville locked up the #8 seed by beating the hapless Blows which eliminated Vancouver and Chicago from making the playoffs.

So close ....and yet so far away..........

• Advertisement

Beast of the East:

Montreal v Boston
    Pittsburgh v Ottawa (again...)
    Washington v Philadelphia
    NJ Devils v NY Rangers

i heard a statistic in On The Fly today, habs v bruins is the thirty somethingth playoff series between the two teams... and with habs 7-0 up on the bruins for the season, boston are gonna have to psych themselves up for this playoff.. didn't help losing to sabres on saturday though. but at they same time if they'd won they would have had to face the pengs, i don't think anyone wants to do that right now. i think the flyers have the toughest task though, Caps are on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

As a Leafs fan I don't want the Sens anywhere near Lord Stanley, and thankfully they won't! :) Personally I'd love to see an Original Six Finals - Habs vs Wings. If not Habs then Pens 'cause I love watching them, and they have the best Sports Logo anywhere in the world (you gotta love that hockey penguin! :D)

Well we finish the season with 7 against Vancouver, Including Iggy with his
    50th,

Real class by Iggy when he went and got all his teammates and had them shake hands with Trevor Linden as Trevor is speculated as about to retire.

Also class by the Canuck fans who applauded Iggy on his 50th.

Now to the fun. We beat San Jose 3-1 in the season series so have a chance. :)

Playoff Time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sushi

I'll be in Ireland for the beginning of the playoffs and was wondering if there would be pubs in Dublin or Cork that carry channels that would show highlights (or even replays) of games. I know better than to hope for live feeds while I'm away.

GO FLAMES GO!

• Advertisement

Sushi wrote: »
    I'll be in Ireland for the beginning of the playoffs and was wondering if there would be pubs in Dublin or Cork that carry channels that would show highlights (or even replays) of games. I know better than to hope for live feeds while I'm away.

GO FLAMES GO!

http://europe.espn360.com/

Got this from another forum, I guess the playoff pass is 39 Euro or so (I can't see the site in N.A.

I think nhl.com might stream it through Centre Ice as well, but I'm not exactly sure. Other than that, a pub that carries NASN is really the only place you can see them.

Pens 2-0 up at the end of the first. Playoff Hockey is here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sushi

http://europe.espn360.com/

Got this from another forum, I guess the playoff pass is 39 Euro or so (I can't see the site in N.A.

I think nhl.com might stream it through Centre Ice as well, but I'm not exactly sure. Other than that, a pub that carries NASN is really the only place you can see them.

Thanks very much. Just because I won't be in Calgary I had to give up my 2 tickets to game 3...:mad:
    Flames nearly gave me a heart attack in the last minute and a half. Hoping for another good game tomorrow night.

Sushi wrote: »
    Thanks very much. Just because I won't be in Calgary I had to give up my 2 tickets to game 3...:mad:
    Flames nearly gave me a heart attack in the last minute and a half. Hoping for another good game tomorrow night.

Hey Sushi, tickets could be put to good use with this poster. :):)

Flames up 1-0. And then we get a blizzard this morning during rush hour. Playoff Hockey Season. :)

Bruins almost did what they haven't done for the past 9 games against habs.. but habs as usual left it late to save the game putting them 2-0 up in the series.. it'll be a tough couple of nights in boston though, bruins seem to be finally getting fed up of losing to habs, i'm not sure they'll go the whole series without a win.. but who knows...

• Advertisement

as i thought, bruins put home advantage to good use by catchin Montreal on a poor change up to bring bruins back into the series with an overtime goal.. the second game to be decided in overtime in the series. habs were caught napping and paid the price.. no pun intended. but even he didn't see that goal coming! the victory was even sweeter for bruins as they end their losing streak, a statistic mentioned on versus on saturday night was that for the last 10 games they lost against habs they had never even lead. scoring first proved to be an omen then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The Pens have brushed the Sens aside in the 1st round. I think the eastern Final will be between the Pens and the Habs

The Pens have brushed the Sens aside in the 1st round. I think the eastern Final will be between the Pens and the Habs

I think that the Sens are going to be looking for a new Head Coach/General Manager in the offseason.

At least the Sens where not as bad as the Leafs.

Montréal had a bad game last night just hope it does not go to the 7 game now that Boston have home ace in the next game

At least the Sens where not as bad as the Leafs.

Montréal had a bad game last night just hope it does not go to the 7 game now that Boston have home ace in the next game

The Leafs (Leaves) have already dumped their GM.

Murray is in up to his eyeballs at the moment.

I'd expect them to get further than last campaign at least, and after that, who knows!

10th September last year ^^^

Mission accomplished, anything else now is a bonus. Go Pens! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Just finished watching game 6........Montreal`s defence have been absolutely pathetic in the last two third periods. 8 goals conceded in those two periods, WTF???

Tonight was Montreals' to win if they just manned up. Seriously. The D didn't and now it's game 7. Boston have all the momentum. Coach Carbo had better skate the team into the ice tomorrow.

SO. ANGRY.

Calgary dominates the Sharks in every facet to force a Game 7, Stars and Wings advance to the 2nd round.

I really thought Anaheim had the makings for another Cup run, but they just went from being a fast, physical team who had scoring coming from all over the place, to just being a big, stupid and physical team who had only one scoring line which wasn't producing. Now if they lose Selanne and Niedermayer for good, they're going to be in a pretty big hole if you ask me.

As for the Preds, they really surprised this year, everybody felt that after their firesale and ownership troubles they'd be bottom feeders. But they managed to fight their way into the playoffs and give Detroit a good run for their money. Ellis stood on his head, shame he had to let in that goal though.

Good game last night between Montréal and Boston good shut out by Price

Good game last night between Montréal and Boston good shut out by Price

I am really curious if we are going to see him listed as one of the Calder Finalists tomorrow.

As of right now, it is Kane, Backstrom and Toews in my book.

He deserves to be mentioned though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement