Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperated People Social Club

• 10-09-2007 7:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I am trying to organize a group in the Waterford City area for those of us who are seperated. The purpose of the group is to meet up for activities and offer support through social contact with other seperated adults. Nights out, hill-walking, cultural trips, etc. If anyone is interested please send me a PM and I will respond.

Cheers,

DJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

A few years back hubby and I separated and after a while I needed a social life but found my mostly married friends didn't want to go out.

I came across a group called Friends for One and it was great just to be able to go out with others in a similar situation. It was a real lifeline, I don't know if they're still exist. It was for anyone who was unattached, single, separated or divorced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dj_quinn

deisemum wrote:
    A few years back hubby and I separated and after a while I needed a social life but found my mostly married friends didn't want to go out.

I came across a group called Friends for One and it was great just to be able to go out with others in a similar situation. It was a real lifeline, I don't know if they're still exist. It was for anyone who was unattached, single, separated or divorced.

Thanks for that. From what I here, there were a couple of groups going back several years but now nobody seems to know of any that still meet. For the same reasons that you had, I thought I'd try to start a new one. I'm not from Waterford, I moved here for my ex and now I have a young child so I won't be leaving, I just want to meet some new people, who may be dealing with similar issues, and do some socializing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kayalol

hi i would be interested in a group for separated people.please let me know if u organise anything.thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

If you get anything up and running, can you post details back here please? I was trying to find out about similar groups a while ago for a seperated male friend of mine, but couldn't find anything similar. Best of luck BTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Would single white people in 40,s not quite desperate yet, fit into this category :o:o:(:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement