Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is The Cheepest UK Network?

Options
  • 10-09-2007 7:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know what the cheepest UK phone network is? Thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

It depends what you want to do... obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Edge1498

mainly texts and phonecalls, not interested in internet on the phone or owt like that, just want the cheepest rates and i cant find the details newher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I found it cheaper to use my Meteor mobile in the UK than any of the UK networks. If you roam on TMobile using meteor it works out very cheap indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

wingnut wrote:
    I found it cheaper to use my Meteor mobile in the UK than any of the UK networks. If you roam on TMobile using meteor it works out very cheap indeed.

Meteor is very good especially if you want to keep in contact with people back home as it's 20c/min & per text and it's free to receive calls when roaming in the UK. It's also better value for people contacting you from Ireland. Only thing to watch out for is the 29c call setup charge.

If you are only really contacting people in the UK, Tesco Mobile have a 'Value' tariff that offers calls at 15p/min to all networks & landlines and texts at 5p to all networks. They offer calls to Ireland at 20p/min and texts at 20p/text - so slightly dearer than Meteor in that respect. However it would be cheaper for people in the UK to call a UK mobile as opposed to an Irish mobile.

I guess a fair bit of the decision lies with who is going to be calling you most.

Advertisement