Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Czech Vs Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

gandalf wrote:
    Babybing the really pathetic thing is we have a good crop of young players that a decent manager could do things with. It is a shame that because of inept FAI decisions they won't get a chance to play in Euro2008 and we won't get a chance to watch them.

Staunton isn't the greatest, but its not all his fault, the players aren't that great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The squad isn't bad. Its certainly good enough to beat Slovakia and Cyprus.

We've had enough of this pretend manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheJesusWarrant

wales beat slovakia 5-2
    says it all really

Stan get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭soupie

Scots beating france in france 1 nil. i now its not the eire v cech but hey if where not there u got to follow someone else, otherwise we'll all hit the pub supporting who ever england play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DesF wrote:
    Before anyone starts deluding themselves.

This WAS NOT the referee's fault.

Not one bit.
    Dunno why you're saying that because I don't think anyone is gonna blame the ref tbh. We were sh1te, plus we've got a sh1te manager. ho hum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ziggy67 wrote:
    The Plumbers XI have just taken the lead in Paris against the French. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!! :D

How did your lot get on??

:eek:

Gwan The Plumbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gandalf wrote:
    No but it probably is the refs fault that Staunton has an excuse not to stand down. He will blame the red card. If he has any honour he should step down.

Why?

Will our new manager find better players that are irish or do a jack and find some english players who arent good enough for england but good enough for us to play?

That is the be all and end all. Do we want to win with irish players or do we want to win regardless.....

We have no world class players, we will always have "promising" players but they never do anything other than be promising.
    The last promising player Michael Keane now plays for St pats :rolleyes:

kdjac

BaZmO* wrote:
    I don't think anyone is gonna blame the ref tbh
    Wait for Stan's interview will you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Ibid wrote:
    He'll pick our best players and get the best out of them though, Tellox.

and we'll still lose lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

End of story. I cant see Stan in charge of Ireland for the world cup after this. We were fecking woeful.

I know it's not the refs fault we're out but he was friggin awful. Should be shot imo.

Roll on 2010.

soupie wrote:
    otherwise we'll all hit the pub supporting who ever england play
    :rolleyes:

Who do you support?

Club team like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

KdjaCL wrote:
    they would struggle in the Eircom league ffs. what game and team are you watching?

Playing in the PL does not mean your are good.

kdjac

I never implied that it does!

We have good players, ok we dont have great, But with a good manager we would be playing in euro 2008.

Do we not have enough quality to beat Cyprus,Slovakia or Czech Republic at home? I dont buy that for a second

You asked what game and team I am watching? that is my point we are a decent team made look ****e by the complete ineptness of the manager.

Dunphy is on form "would you let him drive the train to cork?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rinky-dink, rinky-dink, okie-doke!

Myth wrote:

How by implying that our coach should train players to be international players? Arse the clubs train them to be good international should be only a step up for good players, we lack the good player part.

kdjac

Myth wrote:
    Might as well be sitting in your chair Bill.

Dunphy got pwned by Giles at the end though.

I heart Dunphy.

Babybing wrote:
    I never implied that it does!

We have good players, ok we dont have great, But with a good manager we would be playing in euro 2008.

Do we not have enough quality to beat Cyprus,Slovakia or Czech Republic at home? I dont buy that for a second

You asked what game and team I am watching? that is my point we are a decent team made look ****e by the complete ineptness of the manager.

Simple question bearing mind that Czech and germany will qualify for Euros, who would they pick from our squad.

kdjac

DesF wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Who do you support?

Club team like?

Id have the same view and I support Spurs. Why DesF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Brilliant Dunphy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭soupie

I'm a gunner, and you'll probably start the whole their english thing but I just dont like seeing them win, its a instinctive thing like most Irish. I like the players hate the yobs and i hate listening to BBC. If it where for the players they'd have my support.

Dunphy can cheer up any evening anyone listening to him? ' I lost my job after 15 weeks and i didnt cry' ha ha legend

Babybing wrote:
    Id have the same view and I support Spurs. Why DesF?

Spurs are based in England. They have English players, who play for England.

Do you hope the lose?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

KdjaCL wrote:
    Simple question bearing mind that Czech and germany will qualify for Euros, who would they pick from our squad.

kdjac

Another simple question. Why are Scotland 1-0 up against France?

soupie wrote:
    its a instinctive thing like most Irish.
    800 YEARS.

Eight hundred years.

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Steve Finnan, Damien Duff, Robbie Keane, Richard Dunne, Stephen Hunt. Dont know enough about a lot of the Czech players to say wheter our lads would be better.

No denying we should have beaten Slovakia and Cyprus though which would still put us in with a shout. They are the results that really stick in the throath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DesF wrote:
    Wait for Stan's interview will you.
    :D Ah c'mon, you know what I mean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

God that was depressing. I have to agree with Giles etc. we have the players to beat the likes of Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, but as long as someone like Staunton persists with playing McGeady, playing full backs in the wrong positions, and persisting with bizarre tactical selections and substitutions, the players and the fans are being short changed.

Get Staunton out, get someone like Troussier in, someone who's proved they can take a limited team to a major championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

KdjaCL wrote:
    Why?

Will our new manager find better players that are irish or do a jack and find some english players who arent good enough for england but good enough for us to play?

That is the be all and end all. Do we want to win with irish players or do we want to win regardless.....

We have no world class players, we will always have "promising" players but they never do anything other than be promising.
    The last promising player Michael Keane now plays for St pats :rolleyes:

kdjac

In fairness, I'd agree that we're hardly world-beaters, but we have some decent talent.

Given
    Finnan--Dunne--McShane--O'Shea
    --Duff--Ireland--Carsley--Hunt--
    Doyle----Keane

...is a good enough team on the face of it. Good strikers, solid central defence, competant wide players, very good keeper - we should be playing a lot better than we are. With the exception of maybe Carsley, all those players will still be playing in two/three years time. The likes of Ireland and McShane could develop into real quality players. Players like Gibson, Long, Stokes, Murphy, Potts will hopefully offer some options by then - it's a squad that should at least be qualifying for tournaments. With players like that and the support we constantly have, that should be the absolute minimum we expect. If managed properly, we could be a good team come the next World Cup. Steve Staunton has shown himself to be a poor manager. He has to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

That's why tv3 should never get soccer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

See you all again for WC 2010

• Advertisement

Fúck off Stan.

'WE' changed it around.

FS, it was an injury.

DesF wrote:
    Spurs are based in England. They have English players, who play for England.

Do you hope the lose?

Nothing would bring me more joy for they have players who play for Arsenal, Chelsea, West ham, Man United and all our other rivals in the league. They far outnumber the spurs players.

Plus as you mention the small matter of 800 years of impression, surely it is not completely unnatural to hope they lose based on that?

Wish people would get off the hippy wagons about this. I love to see England lose so what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Thankfully, the end of that era.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

'Its coming along nicely'
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

It's Coming Along Nicely?

Wtf

musician wrote:
    Another simple question. Why are Scotland 1-0 up against France?

Because France are also over rated, the manager thing has a big effect if you play 451 with players that suit the formation.
    No denying we should have beaten Slovakia and Cyprus though which would still put us in with a shout. They are the results that really stick in the throath.

yes but we didnt czech did, i dont think you get the point here. You cant have a "bad" game at international football there is no next week to fix it, we dont have players good enough to do that.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Babybing wrote:
    Plus as you mention the small matter of 800 years of impression, surely it is not completely unnatural to hope they lose based on that?

Completely different thread, but most Irish people have English blood in them anyway.

Just incredible, absolutely incredible. I am gobsmacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Nicely?? What's he on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

FAI, you donkeys, get some sense and put Staunton out of his (or should I say our) misery.

The players tried but he picked the wrong team and played players out of position. It's a f*cking disgrace.

I plan on emailing the FAI clowns this evening to let them know my thoughts. This bullsh*t situation needs to change. I'm sick of us having to settle for mediocrity.

PS that red card decision was a joke. Hunt played a blinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Oh god that interview of Stan.

I actually felt sorry for him.

Please dont actually tell me he could stay in charge???:eek:

I wanna cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stan should never of gotten the job, the FAI are bigger idiots for giving it to him, the whole lot need to go, won't happen though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

KdjaCL wrote:
    How by implying that our coach should train players to be international players? Arse the clubs train them to be good international should be only a step up for good players, we lack the good player part.

kdjac
    That's bollox. He could start by playing players in their proper positions for a start. Finnan at left back and O'Shea at right back, the same with Kelly now.

We have ten times better players than Slovakia, Cyprus, and Wales.

galwayrush wrote:
    Thankfully, the end of that era.:mad:

i dont get this :confused:

Do we bring in Guus Hiddink and hope that some nigerian lads or polish kids play for us. What do you expect from the irish players?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He's such an arrogant tosser too.. but it's all bluster cause he knows he hasn't a clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well if England make it to the EC I will be supporting them. When I went to the WC in Japan they were supporting us so its only fair to return the favour.

KdjaCL an experienced manager would give us a chance with far worse players than we have at the moment. The Delaney Yellow pack experiment has failed it is time to get an experienced man in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Stan looks out of his depth. Tony O Donaghue is too much of a gent. Why didn't he ask him some hard questions like why the team looked so poor over the last two games? Stan is certainly not the man for the job.

Babybing wrote:
    Just incredible, absolutely incredible. I am gobsmacked.

That was about Stans interview btw not anybodies comments on here.

KdjaCL wrote:
    i dont get this :confused:

Do we bring in Guus Hiddink and hope that some nigerian lads or polish kids play for us. What do you expect from the irish players?

kdjac

I would expect them to beat Slovakia and Cyprus. Is that too much to ask KdjaCL?

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote:
    Well if England make it to the EC I will be supporting them.
    +1

Advertisement