Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Czech Vs Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i'm actually serious, are you drunk? reckon you'll read this tomorrow and wonder wat the fcuk your talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

madds wrote:
    You can't even keep to the point here now - this is getting laughable. And you had the goddamn cheek to close a thread I started earlier this evening by saying, and I quote from the PM response you sent me, "it was a stupid thread anyway"?

Then I come in here and see the crap you're spouting? Oh I forgot, attack the post not the poster....power trip.

When did i mention sunderland? i posted to quote a post. your thread was 35 minutes into a match that after you posted ireland started playing well in. Where was your "Stan to stay" thread???

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

KdjaCL wrote:
    but they didnt as Cyprus were a better TEAM

sob sob sob ....why are irish people so dumb :(

kdjac

That's the ENTIRE POINT OF WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING. We have better players than Cyprus, than Slovakia, probably than the Czech Republic - in most every position. Therefore, we have a good enough squad to qualify out of this group, as we had a good enough squad to qualify out of at least one of our last two qualifying groups for major tournaments. YET, we didn't.

The job of organising the players is the manager's. Steve Staunton did not organise his BETTER PLAYERS into a BETTER TEAM. As a result, we will not qualify from this group - DESPITE probably having the players to do so, had they been organised better.

Throughout my reading of this forum, you have always struck me as a good poster usually making very valid contributions - but it seems you have gone mad - mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

KdjaCL....do you understand football at all?

First of all I doubt you play football because you dont seem to grasp how important having a GOOD manager is.

Ive played football for different managers...not talking about a high standard our nothing just decent local football. Funny how when we had one manager when we played for him his tactics never seemed to work, we couldnt get motivated enough and basically he made wierd choices and decisions wether it being playing players in different positions to having some of our better players on the bench.

Then a year later a new manager takes over. Employs some really good tactics and ways to improve...wow all of a sudden the team is actually playing good football and we finish much higher in the league.

You do understand that even at International Level the teams dont just run on to the pitch, play the match and go home. They actually have training sessions. At these tactics are employed and ways to beat the opposition. Here we also see what players are good enough to play.

How was it staunton refused to play hunt when even when I was at the wales game in Croke Park once he came on we could see the impact he had.

Your implying managers arent important at international level....seriously dont be stupid. Berti Vogts with Scotland = absolute shambles....then along comes walter smith= slowly things change and they become a decent hard working side.

Lets look at their team...hmm nope not many play in the champions league wow even some play in the pretty poor spl...Yep their top of a group which was alot harder than Irelands. Now your telling me if Berti Vogts was still in charge theyd still be top of their group rather than Mcleish having taken over Walter Smith who did an excellent job...

Jesus I dont even know where im going with this post now but your understanding of football is laughable

i'm actually serious, are you drunk? reckon you'll read this tomorrow and wonder wat the fcuk your talking about

So we are good enough for the euros? After losing to the mighty Cypriots and drawing with the slovaks? i leave out the san marino result as we won that.

kdjac

yes, we have good enough players to qualify for any major tournament. unfortunately we have a manager who does not know how to manage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

KdjaCL wrote:
    Sadly that day is not the same day our international fixtures are on :(

kdjac

You're completely confusing are not good enough and were not good enough though. They're two completely different things. We played ****e against Cyprus and should have played alot better against Slovakia, the fact that we all know that these players should be playing better is proof enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Right then KdjaCL maybe i've misunderstood you. Can you please help me out here and deny you ever said the following

1/ If one team beats another team in a one off game it automatically means the winning team are the better of the two teams.

2/ You cant have a bad game at international football there is no next week to fix it.

Now just answer yes or no to the above statements and hopefully we can all breath huge sighs of relief and realise that this has been one big misunderstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

KdjaCL wrote:
    ahh reactor little input but lots of opinion.

Again please prove me wrong on this little opinion of mine.

our players are not good enough to to got to Euros*
    *we lost to cyprus
    * we drew with slovakia

Seriously i await your insightful info on the above statement, as i am sure your knowledge on the above opinion is stunning.

"ahh" yourself.

We lost to Cyprus and drew with Slovakia because of poor tactics, poor team selection and playing players out of position. That's opinion, not proof, but its far more logical than the ****e you are spouting tonight.

As I've already said, tactics may be an alien concept to some, but they can influence the result of a game.

As others have said, you are suggesting that due to the nature of international games, and the limited training time and large gaps between matches that international managers are largely redundant.

Why not then just hire a bloody train driver for €20 an hour, and the FAI can spend more money on the Eircom League?

That's the ENTIRE POINT OF WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING. We have better players than Cyprus, than Slovakia, probably than the Czech Republic - in most every position. Therefore, we have a good enough squad to qualify out of this group, as we had a good enough squad to qualify out of at least one of our last two qualifying groups for major tournaments. YET, we didn't.

The job of organising the players is the manager's. Steve Staunton did not organise his BETTER PLAYERS into a BETTER TEAM. As a result, we will not qualify from this group - DESPITE probably having the players to do so, had they been organised better.

Throughout my reading of this forum, you have always struck me as a good poster usually making very valid contributions - but it seems you have gone mad - mad!

Seriously im crying here sob sob

But we have good players so should win, vs the 2 teams we played Stan did play the best available to him. there was no better player available, how the **** can anyone say that an international manager lost a game by playing his best players :confused:

I do play football and a simple 442 would and should have beaten both of those teams, there is no Stan picked X **** related to it we should ahve beat both those teams with the players that played, but we didnt because....we....were....not....good....enough!

Its not hard to comprehend :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement

but we didnt because....we....were....not....good....enough!

QFT

To all the above replies...we didnt cos we not....as above.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

KdjaCL wrote:
    Would you say OMFG we were not good enough to beat them!!!

please dont as you you will appear to be an EL fan and then your ****ed.

kdjac

We already KNOW you are an EL fan - no appearances here. And now we also know that you appear to know very little about football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

KdjaCL wrote:
    sob sob sob ....why are irish people so dumb :(

kdjac
    Why are you so dumb? Your original rant was based on the fact that people said that we have a good enough group of players to at least qualify for a tournament, but felt that our poor performances were down to the fact that the manager is sh1t.

You then decided to tell us that our players are not good enough. Now you're telling us that the TEAM is not good enough. Which is it?

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    And now we also know that you appear to know very little about football.

QFT

There's only so much you can learn playing Pro Evolution.

If only Ireland had Adriano....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

KdjaCL wrote:
    QFT

kdjac

You're getting desperate now, quoting your own hot-off-the-press posts and agreeing with yourself to back your own point up.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Why are you so dumb? Your original rant was based on the fact that people said that we have a good enough group of players to at least qualify for a tournament, but felt that our poor performances were down to the fact that the manager is sh1t.

You then decided to tell us that our players are not good enough. Now you're telling us that the TEAM is not good enough. Which is it?

ehh players generally form the basis of a team :confused:

Our players are not good enough to play in the Euros.
    1  	Germany  	8  	7  	1  	0  	31  	4  	27  	22
    2 	Czech Republic 	9 	6 	2 	1 	19 	4 	15 	20
    3 	Rep of Ireland 	9 	4 	2 	3 	14 	11 	3 	14
    4 	Slovakia 	9 	3 	1 	5 	20 	20 	0 	10
    5 	Wales 	8 	3 	1 	4 	13 	13 	0 	10
    6 	Cyprus 	8 	3 	1 	4 	13 	16 	-3 	10
    7 	San Marino 	9 	0 	0 	9 	1 	43 	-42 	0

league tables never lie.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    I do play football and a simple 442 would and should have beaten both of those teams, there is no Stan picked X **** related to it we should ahve beat both those teams with the players that played, but we didnt because....we....were....not....good....enough!

kdjac

i believe peoples point is that although we were not good enough, had we had a manager who picked the right team and was able to motivate the team properly, we would have been good enough.

hence . . . sack the manager.

you cant sack the players, so sack the manager.

KdjaCL wrote:

Why not?

You're getting desperate now, quoting your own posts and agreeing with yourself to back your own point up.

Does that make it clearer?

QFT?

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    ehh players generally form the basis of a team :confused:

league tables never lie.

kdjac

but didnt you say cyprus and slovakia are better than us? how do tables never lie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

KdjaCL wrote:
    league tables never lie.
    Then explain how are Cyprus better than Ireland? Without contradicting yourself :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

KdjaCL wrote:
    QFT

kdjac
    I'm gonna have to agree with:

Unless we are in fact misunderstanding your arguement, as Pighead suggested. Which is possible, since half this board are probably at least tipsy after tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

1      Germany      8      7      1      0      31      4      27      22
    2     Czech Republic     9     6     2     1     19     4     15     20
    6     Cyprus     8     3     1     4     13     16     -3     10
    3     Rep of Ireland     9     4     2     3     14     11     3     14
    4     Slovakia     9     3     1     5     20     20     0     10
    5     Wales     8     3     1     4     13     13     0     10
    7     San Marino     9     0     0     9     1     43     -42     0

Just thought I'd better fix it for you because our players can't beat Cyprus either. League tables never lie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hang on did myself there didn't I because you can display the Cyprus result and say results never lie. Dang just hold off while I get a cuppa.

musician wrote:
    1      Germany      8      7      1      0      31      4      27      22
    2     Czech Republic     9     6     2     1     19     4     15     20
    6     Cyprus     8     3     1     4     13     16     -3     10
    3     Rep of Ireland     9     4     2     3     14     11     3     14
    4     Slovakia     9     3     1     5     20     20     0     10
    5     Wales     8     3     1     4     13     13     0     10
    7     San Marino     9     0     0     9     1     43     -42     0

Just thought I'd better fix it for you because our players can't beat Cyprus either. League tables never lie.
    lolz. nh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

KdjaCL wrote:
    We are not better then Cyprus, 5 ****ing 2 suggested they are far superior than us.kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    3 	[B]Rep of Ireland[/B] 	9 	4 	2 	3 	14 	11 	3 	14
    6 	[B]Cyprus[/B] 	8 	3 	1 	4 	13 	16 	-3 	10

league tables never lie.

kdjac
    :confused:

Seriously KdjaCL, just ban yourself now for a week and come back when you've thought this whole thing through.

In the world of KdjaCL managers are not important. Tactics do not take place.

Players are picked and just told "run on to the pitch and play football".

Funny that.

This thread should be closed because its obviously stupid. You KDjaCL are stupid.

KdjaCL wrote:
    league tables never lie.
    If that's the case well then we're better than Cyprus.

I have to ask it as well, are you drunk?

Shocking to think that irish fans feel we should be higher in that table and not 6 points behind czech.

Who have a better team
    Who have better players
    Who have a better manager

What have any of you seen in these qualifiers that suggest we should qualify? Seriously thats the whole point here i dont think we are good enough others believe we are if we had a better manager, what is a better manager gonna do paper over the cracks or.......get us to a major tournament? With those players i seriously doubt the latter.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

KdjaCL wrote:
    When did i mention sunderland? i posted to quote a post. your thread was 35 minutes into a match that after you posted ireland started playing well in. Where was your "Stan to stay" thread???
    kdjac

Folks, apologies for the length of this post, but I feel I have to.

KdjaCL - you asked the following:
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Somehow i am wrong in my point our players are not good enough theory regardless of manager? Oh please prove me wrong.

To which I replied with the following proof that players can be good enough when they are overseen by a good manager:
    madds wrote:
    Case 1 - Sunderland last season in Championship. With Niall Quinn as manager, Sunderland lose their opening 5 games and are firmly rooted to the bottom of the table. Enter Roy Keane. Promoted as Champions by the end of the season.

Is that enough proof for you that a quality manager can have a positive effect on a team's belief and performance? Jeez.

Now to your latest post:
    KdjaCL wrote:
    your thread was 35 minutes into a match that after you posted ireland started playing well in. Where was your "Stan to stay" thread???

I actually think I understand the problem here. English is not your mother tongue is it? Seriously, this is why we’re having this misunderstanding. Here’s my post from the thread you locked earlier this evening. Please can someone tell me why I have to wait for the game to end before I can have an opinion on whether the manager of the Irish national team should vacate his position? I won’t be starting a “Stan to stay” thread because that was my opinion at that time this evening, as it remains now –

34 minutes gone and I've seen enough. This is the worst Irish display I have seen in many a long year. Understanding the bad display against Slovakia last Saturday, and the promises that we would see a better, passing display from Ireland, this is truly shocking. The skill levels on display from the Irish are very poor, we just don't look like we want the ball. There are good players out there, but Staunton's negativity, lack of tactical nous, and general bad management have conspired to cheat some decent, hardworking Irish players out of a potential European spot.

I feel sorry for players like Shay Given, Richard Dunne, Stephen Hunt, and Kevin Doyle. I feel sorry for the loyal fans who consistently travel to far-flung destinations in order to support their country, their team. I feel sorry for the fans who are too young to remember the pride Irish soccer felt when we qualified for Euro '88, Italia '90, and USA '94, when the Irish soccer team were treated with respect and feared worldwide (albeit not the prettiest side to watch).

Sine I've started typing this Lady Luck has shone on Stan and O'Shea has had to come off injured, and has been replaced by Hunt. It's all Ireland now and we have created a couple of half-chances, but my opinion remains unchanged.

This charade has gone on long enough. We deserve a lot better, we should demand a lot better.

Mr Staunton, do the honourable and please resign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

It's not merely the players though, is it? Greece had an average side at the last Euros...

KdjacL is having a good old laugh at all the responses he's generated.

Bit weird a mod going for a big old troll, but there you go.

Well played sir, you have bettered me.

KdjaCL wrote:
    what is a better manager gonna do paper over the cracks or.......get us to a major tournament? With those players i seriously doubt the latter.

kdjac

play the right team

motivate the players

why are Cyprus behind us in the table if they are better than us? seriously

joe123 wrote:
    In the world of KdjaCL managers are not important. Tactics do not take place.

Players are picked and just told "run on to the pitch and play football".

Funny that.

This thread should be closed because its obviously stupid. You KDjaCL are stupid.

Should try readin the thread next time, i clearly stated on numerous occasions that stan is a muppet.

Obviously your reading skills missed that part.

kdjac

play the right team

motivate the players

What have any of you seen in these qualifiers that suggest we should qualify?

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

KdjaCL wrote:
    Seriously im crying here sob sob

But we have good players so should win, vs the 2 teams we played Stan did play the best available to him. there was no better player available, how the **** can anyone say that an international manager lost a game by playing his best players :confused:

kdjac

For starters...

- Staunton constantly made the baffling decision to swap left backs and right backs. He did it with Finnan and O'Shea, and he did it with Kelly and O'Shea
    - He refused to start Hunt, and generally to give him enough time to influence games. Hunt - based on his impact in Ireland games - was and is our form attacking player
    - His subsitutions were, frankly, ridiculous and utterly ineffective except when they were forced
    - Robbie Keane, perhaps our most talented player, spent most of his time in Stan's team wandering around the middle of the pitch, leaving Doyle constantly isolated and ineffective
    - As a team, we were utterly incapable of defending a lead. Any decent manager would be able to change tactics to do this. Stan was not.

Ultimately, with the players Ireland have available, any decent manager (not me, mind) should be able to concoct a tactical strategy to win games against the type of opposition we faced. Staunton, seemingly, just lashed them out on the pitch with no discernable instructions -and proved himself entirely incapable of changing the game via tactical changes or substitutions.

Our players - surely, you accept it! - are better players than Cyprus. How do you explain our defeat there?

madds wrote:
    big post

play the right team

motivate the players

employ the right tactics?

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

Yeah. Hopefully this is just a huge level.

• Advertisement

madds wrote:
    34 minutes gone and I've seen enough. This is the worst Irish display I have seen in many a long year. Understanding the bad display against Slovakia last Saturday, and the promises that we would see a better, passing display from Ireland, this is truly shocking. The skill levels on display from the Irish are very poor, we just don't look like we want the ball. There are good players out there, but Staunton's negativity, lack of tactical nous, and general bad management have conspired to cheat some decent, hardworking Irish players out of a potential European spot.

I feel sorry for players like Shay Given, Richard Dunne, Stephen Hunt, and Kevin Doyle. I feel sorry for the loyal fans who consistently travel to far-flung destinations in order to support their country, their team. I feel sorry for the fans who are too young to remember the pride Irish soccer felt when we qualified for Euro '88, Italia '90, and USA '94, when the Irish soccer team were treated with respect and feared worldwide (albeit not the prettiest side to watch).

Sine I've started typing this Lady Luck has shone on Stan and O'Shea has had to come off injured, and has been replaced by Hunt. It's all Ireland now and we have created a couple of half-chances, but my opinion remains unchanged.

This charade has gone on long enough. We deserve a lot better, we should demand a lot better.

Mr Staunton, do the honourable and please resign.

Sod it I'm going to turn in and tune back in tomorrow at work. Nice to see Eamon Dunphy posts here though.

For starters...

- Staunton constantly made the baffling decision to swap left backs and right backs. He did it with Finnan and O'Shea, and he did it with Kelly and O'Shea
    - He refused to start Hunt, and generally to give him enough time to influence games. Hunt - based on his impact in Ireland games - was and is our form attacking player
    - His subsitutions were, frankly, ridiculous and utterly ineffective except when they were forced
    - Robbie Keane, perhaps our most talented player, spent most of his time in Stan's team wandering around the middle of the pitch, leaving Doyle constantly isolated and ineffective
    - As a team, we were utterly incapable of defending a lead. Any decent manager would be able to change tactics to do this. Stan was not.

Ultimately, with the players Ireland have available, any decent manager (not me, mind) should be able to concoct a tactical strategy to win games against the type of opposition we faced. Staunton, seemingly, just lashed them out on the pitch with no discernable instructions -and proved himself entirely incapable of changing the game via tactical changes or substitutions.

Our players - surely, you accept it! - are better players than Cyprus. How do you explain our defeat there?

Good point on keane, but he does that he drops back and plays behind the striker, 35k spurs cant be wrong in loving that he does.

i dont accept we were better ver 90 international minutes they slaughtered us, no excuses for the manager or players.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

musician wrote:
    Sod it I'm going to turn in and tune back in tomorrow at work. Nice to see Eamon Dunphy posts here though.

:D ...yeah and after 30 minutes of the game tonight I was throwing pencils round the living room too!!

in the absence of [img]code the only way this thread should go is:[/img]http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/index.html

i've seen dunne come of age and is now a class CB. Mc shane has buckets loads of talent and will only get better playing with dunne. i've seen the emergence of Hunt, a great little player. I've seen enough of doyle to know that last season wasnt a flash in the pan and he will be a top striker for years to come. I've seen that we have the best right back playin in the PL in stevie finnan, one of the top goalies in the world. promising young players in the middle with Ireland showing great ability as well as 4 goals in 6 games.

that enough to be a little hopeful that we may have the ability to qualify with a decent manager?

you still have not answered my question as to why cyprus are below us in the table if they are better than us and tables dont lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    in the absence of code
    Ah I thought I was going mad, because I wanted to post:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Seps_Forever/pic273505gz.jpg

KdjaCL wrote:

We don't deserve to qualify. But that is primarily because of Staunton's ineptness as a manager rather than the talent or attitude of our players.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

Yeah I'd say you're right. No the first time either. :rolleyes:

KdjaCL wrote:
    i dont accept we were better ver 90 international minutes they slaughtered us, no excuses for the manager or players.

Look, if Brazil played Cyprus tomorrow, but Dunga decided to stick Ronaldinho in goals, Dida up front, Robinho and Alves in central defence, Pele and Jairzinho in the centre of the park, Romario on the wing, told them not to use their right foot and brought himself on as a supersub for the last 20 minutes - they might lose.

That would be his fault, not the players'. Your logic here is silly - a manager can quite easily spoil a team's chances of winning regardless of the players' ability.

I don't even think you're trying to make a point anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

this is not stans fault though

no away competitive goals in 7 years?

when is the last time you saw keane perform brilliantly in a qualifier?

Advertisement