Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW golf apparently crashed

Options
  • 10-09-2007 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Looking for some advice here. At the weekend I went along to my local VW dealer to test drive a new VW golf for Jan 08. Wish to trade in a 05 golf in return. All was good until the sales guy started looking at mine and the first thing he asked me was when was the car crashed. I looked with horror at him as I certainly didnt crash it and bought it from a reputable dealer in Dublin when it was less than 2 months old. He pointed out to me that both wings and bonnet had been resprayed and said resprayed badly. I tought he was joking but was very serious. I personally think he is wrong as I have checked the car and the bonnet or wings have never been removed (or at least dont look that way). When I bought the car I distinctly remember asking the dealer had it been crashed which he said know and what was the reason it had been sold after two months to which he replied the guy had got a company car.

Has anyone any advice on what I should do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

as I have checked the car and the bonnet or wings have never been removed (or at least dont look that way).

you wouldnt necessarily have to remove the panels to spray them. I obviously cant tell from here whether it was crashed or not but perhaps you could get your mechanic to check it out. Although he should have noticed this already. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Just on another note there's a new model golf coming out at the end of 2008 so maybe have a think about that. If you still go ahead it may help in getting a further discount from the dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm thinking there is very little you can do at this stage as so much time has passed. Proving that the car was damaged/repaired prior to you buying it might be very difficult to prove at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id get someone else to check it, according to car sales men every used car they look at has been crashed:rolleyes:

Advertisement