Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Show Plates

• 10-09-2007 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

Ok, i know we've cover this topic slightly before, but the searching isnt working, and goggle isn't helping.

so...

Show plates, we all know the small tidy, plates you can get, the questions is where is the fastest and easiest place to get them ?

Also, lets try for some perks, like custom printing, or fancy lettering, all must be legal of course.

Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.fancyplates.com/

Ordered twice from them before. Can't say they were overly quick, but they did arrive within two weeks both times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Ladies and Gents please put you're hands together for the ever lovely and always helpfully Seamus.

Ps. i'll fling up sum pics of the work i did on the SV @ the weekend in a few.

Edit , Seamy are you sure these plates are small ? based on the sizes on the site they seem to be rather large for bike plates.

Back plate: Motorcycle - 229mm X 178mm

Thats more Square than rectangle no ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

cool, id be interested in the sv pics ;)

Ok were going to go a little off topic here, but there's a valid reason for it.

How to fit an undertray to an SV650s sk1 model ( aka, how to waste a half ass sunny sunday in dublin )

Ok, so step 1 admire the backend that looks like i could be clearing snow filled drive ways.

1354069165_3e59b6d6e4_s.jpg
    1354956436_a7b6c931ea_s.jpg

Ok so Lets get to work. By the way, if you click the images you get the bigger pics, and there Ohhhhh so not 56K friendly.

Remove the Seat cowl from the back the side panels and the drivers seat.

1354956332_2dc5c87177_s.jpg
    1354956622_3706029656_s.jpg

Remove the fuse box from under the Drivers seat

1354069367_8543edb549_s.jpg

Remove the Battery from under the Drivers seat.

1354957244_01f45972d0_s.jpg

Right hand side with out the Back Fairings

1354956878_53b8c64403_s.jpg

Left hand side with out the Back Fairings

1354069465_6eeddf8a60_s.jpg

Undertray is gone now.

1354070203_f5e575be79_s.jpg

Here is said Undertray now, i've removed the Left back indy as i had only replaced it recently.

1354070111_f2d4bc2fa0_s.jpg

Ok so i kinda skipped a few bits from here on. but i cut off the bottom Left part of the undertray as i needed this to hold the battery in place. or so they tell me.

1354957404_fd9d110ba5_s.jpg

Ok so here we have the tray fitted, with Fairings and black side parts reattached. You can see i've attached two Bolts under the tray, this was to attach the Tray to the bottom of the Battery box part.

1354070573_884d100ac9_s.jpg

Next up you can see the bolts i attached to hold down this Black box for the back lights and i think the alarm or sum thing else.

1354957896_9015898f28_s.jpg

And here we have the finished product, after i reattached the Indy's and tightened every thing up

1354070305_6194b289f6_s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    Ok, i know we've cover this topic slightly before, but the searching isnt working, and goggle isn't helping.

so...

Show plates, we all know the small tidy, plates you can get, the questions is where is the fastest and easiest place to get them ?

Also, lets try for some perks, like custom printing, or fancy lettering, all must be legal of course.

Any thoughts ?

The easyest option is to drop into nearest sign-making shop. Aluminium 2mm plates whatever size you fancy, whatever font you fancy, whatever print you fancy.
    Nothing too complicated :eek:

• Advertisement

Good point there FiSe, i'll have to locate me one of these "shop" you speak of here in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

the show plate and the race exhaust are for track day right? :p

Of Course, I would never think about Driving the bike in that condition on the roads. Also i find using indicators on the track usefull as it notifies other racers you're turning left or right ;)

Do i remember sumbody telling me about a place up off dorset st that does plates ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

there are 2 bike shops on dorset street, the workshop & oreillys (afaik) you might get something there, otherwise just wait till the bermingham bike show in november & pop over & get one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Show plates? Pick up Golden pages, flip over to Sign companies, find nearest one to you, give the man some money, leave with business-card sized plate in purple and orange with green letters. Simple.

Wanna see the plate that got me nicked?

plt.jpg

• Advertisement

in all flairness now. thats no where even remotly legal dood.

noone the cops pulled you on it.

Legally you're plate can be up to 50% of the car plates. give or take, but with every thing if you're not acting the prick then you wont bring any harm to you're self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'm only happy when I'm acting the prick. My current plate is four molecules wide by two molecules high with the numbers picked out in electrons...

I'm only happy when I'm acting the prick. My current plate is four molecules wide by two molecules high with the numbers picked out in electrons...

:rolleyes:

Advertisement