Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Flea & Worm treatments online ? ? ?

• 10-09-2007 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Our local Veterinary practice sells Flea & Worm medications at prices that make the other drug dealers in the neighbourhood seem honest.

- So has anyone used an online source that they could please recommend ? I found this one http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/index.asp but they charge a flat fee of £7.99 [approx €12]

Decided to post here and see if anyone had some advice :)

Thanks !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

real flea & worm treatments are POM medicines (prescription only medicine) I own a pet shop & can not sell pom products as you need a prescription for these .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Bond,

What about all the Flea & Worm treatments I get across the counter at the local Vets shop? I don't get a perscription or anything like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hi,

Can can recommend http://www.entirelypets.com/ . I've looked everywhere and I wrote to the manufacter to try to get Program in Ireland - but they don't supply it here. Most flea / worming products are sold in pet stores now in the states and no longer prescription only. I got my product in two weeks - though shipping was quite expensive $25 USD I think, but I still saved on the cost of the products here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bond,

What about all the Flea & Worm treatments I get across the counter at the local Vets shop? I don't get a prescription or anything like that?

No prescription cause they are vets - but the medicine is now treated like a prescription from the doctor - I can not buy my meds from tesco as they are POM. Vets are treated the same way, they do not write prescriptions as they dispense the medicine themselves.

Advertisement