Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wow

Options
  • 10-09-2007 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

63727035xb8.gif

This place is dead....first time ive seen this forum with less than one page worth of threads. Is BF really that dead? I dont play it anymore..but this place used to pretty much always busy. Ah well....back to bioshock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

is the new BF2 map out and compelte or is it still beta ?

there's still a good few bf 2142 server around and many are quite full. however, I dont think EA /DICE have done themselves any favours with the delay of the 1.4 patch.

BF 1942 and BF: V stayed popular for much longer. imo this was due to the availability of new maps and weapons in service packs.

BF 2 seems to be kept alive by its modding community at the minute ( I could be wrong about this though)

2142 is trundling along. needs some refreshing before it gets outshined by quake wars etc - unless thats why the patch is delayed. release patch now and interest will be gone by the time ETQW gets released. delays in ETQW mean pushing back the release of the patch and the new map.

but , yes, this place has died (not as badly as the quake forum yet though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

LOLth, sorry but for a category moderator I would have expected you knew your stuff :D - Yes Highway Tampa is fully released since 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ZeRoY wrote:
    LOLth, sorry but for a category moderator I would have expected you knew your stuff :D - Yes Highway Tampa is fully released since 3 weeks!

cat mod for arts :) also i havent played bf2 since before either of the expansions so not really up to date on that side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I think the previous battlefield games(especially bfv) were just better, and alot more fun to play. Much easier to get into and to play, you shot at something and you probably killed it, not like bf2 where you see someone, prone,take a couple shots, hit him if your lucky,run away, heal yourself, throw a grenade where you think he is and then call for arty to finish him off.

I think that bf2 and 2142 sacrifice gameplay for realism to a certain extent, I want guns that kill people, not guns that are tweaked to behave like the real gun would.

Just my ideas why me and alot of people have lost interest in battlefield:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

make a boards.ie clan :eek:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

To be honest I see little need to post in here about anything really. There are no new patches out and few new maps that are popular. Since the Irish clans moved on to other games this forum has been a little dead but that's kinday normal IMO between BF releases.

Just wait for BF4 :)

Advertisement