Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It is truly astonishing that you can just ignore the several times you've been asked earlier in this thread to show specific examples of where the specific mods who banned you have openly allowed comments about Gerry Adams to go unchecked. Especially now that search is back.

What's even more astonishing is that you think that carrying on this whining and attempting to use the "but it's been done about others so why can't I?" argument is actually going to get you anywhere, in light of:
    gandalf wrote: »
    This thread has now served its purpose. Irish1 will not be readmitted to Politics period. There will be no further interaction from me on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well now that the search function is working I'll find you examples this evening but anyone that has been posing in the Politics thread for the past few years will know what I have said is true.

I also like the way you gave up the chase on the facts when I posted them.

I don't expect to get anywhere but I can post the facts so everyone can see how the Politics mods behave.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You may struggle to deal with this, but I don't care all that much about whether Bertie outright lied when he made statements in the Tribunal or whether it was a simple case of factually incorrect statement due to erroneous recollection. So I'm not much interested in getting into a nitty-gritty argument about it.

However : you've been told that you are not allowed to post up statements that Bertie Ahern is a liar without being able to prove intent to deceive. Lacking such outright proof of intent to deceive, you've instead sidetracked the argument into "Well people are allowed to say that Gerry Adams is x,y, and z without proof, so why can't I say this?" without showing any understanding that:

a) If you can't provide specific links to examples where the mods have been questioned on such a comment about Gerry Adams (or anyone else for that matter), your case is severely weakened, and

b) It's doesn't really have any relevance any more, because your ban has been handed down for a demonstrated inability to even consider amending your posting habits after being repeatedly told that you are breaking the rules of the forum by making unsubstantiated allegations of intent to deceive.

Now, you can play one-up-manship in here until the day you die, and you can become the Number 1 Worldwide-ranked tireless rebutter in this thread, but none of that is going to change the fact that you got banned because the mods decided that the contribution you make isn't enough to merit them putting up with you harassing them constantly whenever you disagree with a decision they make regarding the rules on the forum. Gandalf has posted as much in this thread, and all your posturing about showing up the mods for what they are won't do a damn thing in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Irish1 ban from the politics forum stands.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement