Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1950s outfit

• 10-09-2007 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi all,

Going to a fifties themed party next week, any ideas on a good outfit? (I'm a girl by the way). I have one dress that I think might be alright but it's not very comfortable so I'm looking for other ideas.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Do you have any tight three quarter length trousers? I'd wear them with a little sweater and a tight belt around your waist (maybe a corset belt). High round toed shoes and a scarf around your neck or in your hair. You could also flick your hair out and wear really red lipstick to complete the effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 siouxie sue

How about a Marilyn Monroe style or Olivia Newton-John from the film Greece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

I was going to suggest a pencil skirt, then realised that would be more forties! The three quarter length trousers sound great, I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Yeah, the 50's style Marylin dress would be great!

Or else, you could go for a poodle skirt, and a fitted diner-girl sort of top.

The 50's is such an amazing fashion era!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Absolutely, I love the 50's style, so beautiful. You could always try a fancy dress shop? I'm sure they'd have lots of 50's/Marilyn style stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Awesome 50's style clothes. Leans towards the rockabilly, but some lovely dresses.
    http://www.daddyos.com/retro/retroldy.html

Advertisement