Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf bumper repair / replacement

Options
  • 10-09-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

I put a few scrapes and a bit of a gouge on the back right corner of my Golfs bumper. I was wondering if its a simple case to fix this myself (using stuff from halfords) or should I get someone like carcraft.ie involved or just get a replacement rear bumper.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Post a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

pic below

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Based on your pic, I don't think it warrants a replacement bumper. Both the bumper and the molding need to be repaired but I'd say carcraft.ie will sort it out. It's not really a DIY job unless you've done that sort thing before - especially if you want a 'good as new' finish.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've seen much much worse. It'll repair ok.

bit of a clearer pic

pic1smallam8.jpg

• Advertisement

is carcraft the way to go then ? Ive never repaired any scratches before but it cant be that hard can it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your probably looking at filling in a few of the spots, sanding it down, prime it, spraying it silver and then applying metallic lacquer. You could try it yourself but it would be very easy to make a mess of it imo.

A poor job will be obviously visable and will effect the resale value of the car come selling time. If it were my car I would get it done properly by a professional.

Okay so professional repair it is - can anyone recommend anywhere. Somewhere near UCD/Dundrum/stillorgan would be great as I could drop it in on the way to work.

any experience with autosmartsystems crowd? carcraft at least has some good feedback.

Advertisement