Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bird Dropping stain removal

Options
  • 10-09-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

I had my black car parked in the airport for the week under a floodlight which as it turns out was a favoured perch for the local bird population. As a result the car was covered in bird droppings by the end of the week. I washed off all the crud but there is still some stains in the paint that polish or wax will not remove.
    Anyone any suggestions?

It appears like a stain deep within the paint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Try Meguiars Clay kit, available in Halfords for around €25;

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/newproductdetail_page.cfm?SKU=G1016

Failing that it will probably need a compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Over time bird droppings will eat thru the paints clearcoat layer, more then likely claying will not remove the marks, if it does your lucky.
    Otherwise to remove or reduce the marks the area will need to be machine polished with a cutting compound.

I had a couple of bird dropping marks on my previous car which I was able to buff out.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It was probably the worst week for it to happen, a hot dry week. I'll see how it goes with the clay bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭byrner1

It was probably the worst week for it to happen, a hot dry week. I'll see how it goes with the clay bar.

If it has been on the car for a week or so chances are the clay bar wont remove it . Try compounding it if that doesnt work bring it to a body shop they might get it out with fine wet sanding. Bird crap is acidic and eats into the clear coat . good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

B4stard bird sh1t ate through a bit of laquer on my old car ... it was only there for 3 days :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Well, I managed to remove nearly all the stains with judicious use of some Car Plan Scratch remover.
    It took a bit of time a patience but there were quite a few stains. light rubbing with a clean cloth & scratch remover gradually removed any trace of the bird droppings. Finished it off with a coat of Zymol.
    Happy days!!

Advertisement