Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bought a 3 sim

• 10-09-2007 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hey, I bought a 3 simcard from a friend today who wasnt using his. he registered and naturally I rang up to try and transfer ownership but that was against their policies.

They put me on as an authorised contact, but I asked about the age verification and they said only the actual owner can age verify. This friend of mine is 18 in 3 weeks, but i'd like to use the broadband asap, does anyone have any ideas on how I can age verify/anyone working in a three store that could bend the rules a little if i sent them a fax with my passport?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Three would be breaking the law without getting the consent of the registered owner to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You don't get verified in-store. They take a copy of your id and send it off to head office. 3 are not renowned for bending rules no matter how ridiculous so i think you'll just have to wait the 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

SDooM wrote:
    Three would be breaking the law without getting the consent of the registered owner to do this.

Yeah I got the consent, the registered owner was on the phone with me to them.

Guess ill have to wait the 3 weeks if its that bad, onto other things. The 3 site seems to be checking the phones User Agent for its own services (such as windows live messenger), I got netfront for my XDA to spoof this but I tried 2 sony erricson K610i user agents, and while it does get to the point of allowing me to click the Windows Live Messenger text, it redirects me to the start again (without netfront, I dont get a list of the services at all). Can someone visit this site and please give me their user agent?

http://www.micro-sys.dk/services/http-user-agent/

The one I tried was
    SonyEricssonK610i/R1CB Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0
    Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.2.3.15.0

Note im only looking for a user agent of a phone that three supplied. Thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

donutface wrote:
    Note im only looking for a user agent of a phone that three supplied. Thanks:)

Here you go, the user agent from my 3-supplied K610i:

SonyEricssonK610i/R1JE Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

It is slightly different from yours so give it a try, I hope it will work for you!

Advertisement